Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for picking them up - they look great!

You said it brother

They killed Kenny!

We got them in about a month ago. We had a few 30's on hand, but it looks like we're sold through on that size. I'm going to reorder it, so you can certainly get in on the trouser without any kind of MTO upcharge if you're interested in the full suit.

2. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

@Epaulet you have the either or both of the Carmina Jodhpurs in the Manhattan shop?
    If I come in next week I would like to check them out in person.

3. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

They're in the Manhattan store. Generally, we tend to have more shoes there.

4. trig

trig Senior member

felt pretty comfortable in high 70 degree weather in my dove grey hopsacks. definitely gotta grab grey and navy to help survive the increasing temp.

[​IMG]

5. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

I've just bought the Asbury jacket (non-distressed version). Since this is the first time in my life I have even considered wearing a denim jacket, I thought I would ask whether there are guidelines for success and failure. I think the crucial question pertains to the propriety of the double denim look (jacket with jeans). How does the Epaulet crowd feel about this? If one were to try it, is the jacket meant to contrast with the jeans?

Gwhitehead is succeeding with what looks like the Aubergine twill:

[​IMG]

Oisin looks good with the white denim:

[​IMG]

But would indigo denim be a mistake? I would have thought so, but the Guardian tells me that the Marty Mcfly look is actually cool now:

[​IMG]

(Article here: http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/.../back-to-the-future-fashion-trend-marty-mcfly)

Anyway, I just thought I would see if anyone had thoughts or feelings on this issue. One way or another, I am looking forward to this jacket.

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Gwhitehead wears that Asbury so well. The cut definitely looks dialed in.

I've been doing the double denim with the western shirt as a topper, which is sort of an Asbury light look. But I'm also fond of the denim topper shirt with cords, khakis, etc. It seems to be denim on top is sort of the reverse of a sportcoat. It instantly makes a fit more casual.

7. oisin

oisin Senior member

Hey kid, what did you do, jump ship?

(I'm going to leave discussion of double denim/canadian tuxedo etc to others -- I will say I've seen it work I've seen it not.)

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

If you want a Tab, you gotta order somethin'!

9. mothball

mothball Senior member

I've been wearing a raw denim tuxedo a fair amount recently. I like it more than I expected to (maybe not surprising given that it was all I wore from 6th to 8th grade).

Also, I can't believe I haven't watched Back to the Future with my kids yet.

10. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

In general, denim on denim looks seem most succesful when it's:

-Serious biker look: raw/heavy all around, w/ boots, and when it's a look you can own, and not look like you're playing dress up (see Self Edge lookbook style pics on their site, for ex.)

-Tonally balanced: lighter/paler/chambray tones up top w/ darker/raw jeans or the opposite--really faded, lighter jeans, w/ a darker/raw shirt or jacket.

-Like the pics above, contrasting. White denim is still denim, but it's sort of apples to oranges. It's not a raw-on-raw issue. The darker trousers on gwhitehead work great, and I'm sure a similar look could be created w/ a navy pant, or even a pattern--Japanese camo Walts w/ the Ashbury would look tight!

11. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Hey Guys,

How many of you are getting the Navy Doyle to wear with blue denim? Olive is the obvious choice but I'm drawn to the navy for some reason.

12. huffer4

huffer4 Active Member

Ordered the Navy Bartlett online last week and picked it up from the NYC store on my trip there earlier this week.
    Fits me absolutely perfect. Love it. Amazing cut and construction on it. Couldn't be happier.
    I'll try and get a fit pic with it this week.

13. applky

applky Senior member

Weird angle. Great pants and shoes.

[​IMG]

Chessboard Tweed Walts (they're incredibly and unexpectedly soft -- almost like dress pajamas)
    Carmina x EP GMTO Snuff Suede Chukkas

14. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

Very nice. I want those Snuff Suede Chukkas.

15. applky

applky Senior member

Thanks. They're fantastic, and were a group MTO. If you post in the EP x Carmina thread, you could see if there are enough interested people out there for a reorder.

Also, amazed to see that the Chessboard Tweed is still available for single MTO.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014