• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

emype7eq.jpg

I picked up these Tyrol PTBs last week and couldn't be happier...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks for picking them up - they look great!

Ah...to be young again.

You said it brother

those bastards.

They killed Kenny!

Are the grey hopsack trousers a new arrival? If so, the 30 sold out quick.

We got them in about a month ago. We had a few 30's on hand, but it looks like we're sold through on that size. I'm going to reorder it, so you can certainly get in on the trouser without any kind of MTO upcharge if you're interested in the full suit.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Epaulet
 you have the either or both of the Carmina Jodhpurs in the Manhattan shop?
If I come in next week I would like to check them out in person. 

They're in the Manhattan store. Generally, we tend to have more shoes there.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
felt pretty comfortable in high 70 degree weather in my dove grey hopsacks. definitely gotta grab grey and navy to help survive the increasing temp.

Simplicio

Reaction score
I've just bought the Asbury jacket (non-distressed version). Since this is the first time in my life I have even considered wearing a denim jacket, I thought I would ask whether there are guidelines for success and failure. I think the crucial question pertains to the propriety of the double denim look (jacket with jeans). How does the Epaulet crowd feel about this? If one were to try it, is the jacket meant to contrast with the jeans?

Gwhitehead is succeeding with what looks like the Aubergine twill:

Oisin looks good with the white denim:

But would indigo denim be a mistake? I would have thought so, but the Guardian tells me that the Marty Mcfly look is actually cool now:

(Article here: http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/.../back-to-the-future-fashion-trend-marty-mcfly)

Anyway, I just thought I would see if anyone had thoughts or feelings on this issue. One way or another, I am looking forward to this jacket.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gwhitehead wears that Asbury so well. The cut definitely looks dialed in.

I've been doing the double denim with the western shirt as a topper, which is sort of an Asbury light look. But I'm also fond of the denim topper shirt with cords, khakis, etc. It seems to be denim on top is sort of the reverse of a sportcoat. It instantly makes a fit more casual.

oisin

Reaction score
Hey kid, what did you do, jump ship?

(I'm going to leave discussion of double denim/canadian tuxedo etc to others -- I will say I've seen it work I've seen it not.)

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey kid, what did you do, jump ship?

(I'm going to leave discussion of double denim/canadian tuxedo etc to others -- I will say I've seen it work I've seen it not.)

If you want a Tab, you gotta order somethin'!

mothball

Reaction score
I've been wearing a raw denim tuxedo a fair amount recently. I like it more than I expected to (maybe not surprising given that it was all I wore from 6th to 8th grade).

Also, I can't believe I haven't watched Back to the Future with my kids yet.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In general, denim on denim looks seem most succesful when it's:

-Serious biker look: raw/heavy all around, w/ boots, and when it's a look you can own, and not look like you're playing dress up (see Self Edge lookbook style pics on their site, for ex.)

-Tonally balanced: lighter/paler/chambray tones up top w/ darker/raw jeans or the opposite--really faded, lighter jeans, w/ a darker/raw shirt or jacket.

-Like the pics above, contrasting. White denim is still denim, but it's sort of apples to oranges. It's not a raw-on-raw issue. The darker trousers on gwhitehead work great, and I'm sure a similar look could be created w/ a navy pant, or even a pattern--Japanese camo Walts w/ the Ashbury would look tight!

Todd V

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

How many of you are getting the Navy Doyle to wear with blue denim? Olive is the obvious choice but I'm drawn to the navy for some reason.

huffer4

Reaction score
Ordered the Navy Bartlett online last week and picked it up from the NYC store on my trip there earlier this week.
Fits me absolutely perfect. Love it. Amazing cut and construction on it. Couldn't be happier.
I'll try and get a fit pic with it this week.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Weird angle. Great pants and shoes.

Chessboard Tweed Walts (they're incredibly and unexpectedly soft -- almost like dress pajamas)
Carmina x EP GMTO Snuff Suede Chukkas
Very nice. I want those Snuff Suede Chukkas.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I want those Snuff Suede Chukkas.

Thanks. They're fantastic, and were a group MTO. If you post in the EP x Carmina thread, you could see if there are enough interested people out there for a reorder.

Also, amazed to see that the Chessboard Tweed is still available for single MTO.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads