Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Notreknip

Notreknip Senior member

Mike and crew, I trust there will be a way to get some light weight cream/oatmeal/ecru/wheat Walts in time for May? I think we're awaiting a big MTO release, but will there be some standard summer stock as well?

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Absolutely. Spring Walts are arriving in about a week and the MTO Program should be up by Thursday

3. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

X-post from WAYWT: Bartlett in action

[​IMG]

4. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

denim jacket looks great. mike, I might has misinterpreted an earlier post, but there might be a future MTO option where we could add some length to the body?

oh, and ordered the doyle and denim western shirt today haha

5. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

Are you doing sprind Driggs or just sticking to those first three for now? Don't get me wrong, they look great, but I'd like to pick up a linen pant this year, and I think it would be a great way to try out the driggs. thanks

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    Camo MTO
    Italian Denim Shirt

I know its hard to say after posting this pic, but I wish I didn't feel like such a douche in a jean jacket or cropped leather. Those things both look SWEET.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014

7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I feel the exact same way! I drowned my sorrows by just ordering the Olive Doyle jacket...

8. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Not sure if this have been mentioned, but is there a driggs MTO coming up soon, or would it be possible to have the rivet/Walt mto fabrics made in a driggs style? Really digging the driggs fit, but I think a wool one that drapes well will complement the shape tremendously. Or a rumpled linen one would also be bonkers for the upcoming warm weather.

9. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

+1

10. Epaulet

Wow, absolutely perfect fit!

Thank you sir! You're going to love the Doyle.

All of our EPLA clothing is made in larger quantities than the NY stuff, so in general, we won't be able to accomodate MTO's with this. But check out the measurements, they should work great for most guys. Oisin is 6'5", and even though he has a relatively short torso for his height, it still comes up long enough on him.

Our next Driggs delivery is going to be more cotton (the three colors we run now & new caramel duck canvas), but I'm going to put in an order for some basic tropical wools this week. We've got a lot of demand for it, and I agree - it will make for a sharp as hell dress pant. For the wool models we'll drop that button-through coin pocket to make the style so fresh and so clean. But yes, it will be available for MTO within the next 7 days. I'm working to build all of that out tomorrow and Wednesday.

Haha! Granted, the leather double rider is a pretty aggressive style, but you could absolutely wear the jean jacket. That's a good one for er'ry body.

Jean jackets can make for a great basic piece, and Matt's going to put together a bunch of looks to show how you can pair it with other pieces that we sell. I can see you rocking the hell out of that distressed one.

11. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

ya the cropped jacket just scares me. maybe its time to just give it a shot.

12. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

Is the chest size of denim jacket is the measurement or guide to fit?

With a 38 inch chest, shall I take a small or medium?

It seems I shall have a S with other figures like shoulder and sleeve but I have some confuse on chest size

13. Epaulet

Our measurements are the actual dimensions of the jacket. So a Small measures 38" at the chest and a Medium measures 40" at the chest.

Now, if your actual chest measures 38", then you don't want the Small, as they'll be no room for you to wear it. When it comes to woven pieces in "normal" fabrics (not leather, not heavy wool) then a good rule of thumb is that you want your garment to measure about 2" larger than you do.

So if you have a 38" chest and you typically wear a 38R jacket, then I'd advise the medium.

Overall our sizing on this piece is consistent with our shirts and with the Doyle jacket. Even though the shoulder measures a bit larger on the Asbury than the Doyle, they have a similar fit, and that larger measurement is mostly due to the heavier denim seaming and the different method of construction.

14. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

the last question is...are you able to change the front buttons of your jeans into a YKK? I hate those buttons when I am rushing into the restroom...

15. Epaulet

That's not something that I could do as the pattern is set for these jeans, and I'd probably only produce a selvedge jean with a button fly.

But that said, since you live in Hong Kong, I bet that you can find a tailor to do nearly anything. I imagine that it can be done as a button fly uses a lot more fabric than a zip fly.