1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. CHRK33

CHRK33 Distinguished Member

Mike, I would definitely be in for a waxed cotton Doyle run. Sounds sweet.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Haha, my personal motivation is helping here too. I haven't had a decent fitting jean in years. I made a sample called the Bond about two years ago which was 90% there. We're going to tweak that and marry it with some details from the Wilshire for the ULTIMATE.

Cool, I'll definitely look into that. It may be pretty involved, as you definitely need a sturdier machine and you probably need a cotton liner, but if we could pull it off for a good price then it may work. In my mind, I'd want to cap the retail at $250 for such an item.

3. oisin

oisin Senior Member

I like it! Go for it.

Another pic with the Doyle, though looks like I was walking around with my shirt collar smooshed down a bit. Oops. Sorry @applky, forgot the pipe. I'm digging the jacket. And it's nice to have something light that I can put my keys and phone in so they arent in my pockets.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014

4. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

I think I need an Olive Doyle...damn you Epaulet!! [​IMG]

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

I was wondering about how waxing and the washed canvas would work together. I like the idea of getting a unwashed version from the next run to try this on.

6. altmana

altmana Well-Known Member

Love the Doyle. I was wondering if we could just get this using the Orange dwr canvas? This keeps it light but adds protection (and a pop of color!)

7. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

8. beez

beez Senior Member

Had the same problem with my Driggs. Not sure why they flare out so far at the top as opposed to the Walts? Bummed I have to return them. First world problems.

I did score a couple of really great shirts, though.

9. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

Maybe I missed this but are the Wilshires in the NY stores? I wanted to see the Grey in person and narrow down the fit if there's both a 29 and 30 in indigo to try on.

10. neutrino

neutrino Senior Member

Ha, I'm used to calling it the valley, but apparently it's not the only valley in the area. I'm talking Silicon Valley. I was thinking of using one of the weekends for a LA getaway. It would be awesome to be able to meet you guys there. In fact, it would be easier to do than arranging the flights so that I have enough time in NYC. So stoked.

11. pekingman

pekingman Well-Known Member

New shirts are looking good (as is the Doyle - you'll have to make something now to match though named Bodie for the UK-based Epaulet customers - at least the ones of my generation....). Quick question though about the new shirts. You mentioned before a collar tweak - does that also apply to these shirts (and restocks) - or just for the new MTO fabrics?

Since I am posting I'll upload a picture of my FF fire-red cords (with the CXL Brixton boots) from last year. Not too happy about the cuff - I gave them to my usual tailor and asked for a 2" cuff as usual, but when I got them back I had a bit of Spinal Tap Stonehenge moment ... Still look great mind you - and an excellent antidote to the dusty gray Beijing winter - but annoying as Mike arranged for these to be delivered extra long to ensure enough material for a good size cuff.

In totally unrelated news, counting myself lucky today as I flew back to Beijing at the end of last month on MH370 - the flight that almost certainly went down last night on the way from Kuala Lumpur. Thoughts and prayers to the families and friends of anyone on that flight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Distinguished Member

We don't have any grey in NYC, but I believe we have both sizes of the indigo in the Manhattan shop. Swing by!

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

We're so tight on Grey jean stock that I wasn't able to send any inventory to NYC. However we should have indigo there to try on, and both jeans really fit identically as they're the same denim. I have yet to have someone try on the grey jean and not buy it, so if you think you'd like it, then you probably will :). We'll restock all sizes in about 4-5 weeks. The White Kuroki is limited to what we have left on hand.
    Oh great! Yeah, that's really easy, I know people who even take SF to LA day trips. Makes for a beautiful drive if you have a few days too.
    Wow, the cords look great! That's a bummer about the cuff, but it still looks fantastic IMO. The collar tweak is to make the sizing a half-inch smaller. That will apply to all MTO shirts and stock shirts that are released this season. But as the new collar fusible shinks less than the old, the ultimate post-wash difference will be more like a quarter of an inch. If you're happy with your current Epaulet collar sizing, then I expect that this will work for you just fine - I don't think that most guys will even notice the difference.
    That's a great call! I could certainly run the Doyle in that, although we couldn't enzyme wash it like the current piece. That process is really extensive, and I imagine that it would wear out the coating. But running an unwashed DWR piece is totally realistic.

14. altmana

altmana Well-Known Member

Glad you liked my suggestion! I completely understand that it would not be enzyme washed, and don't care. I just want the DWR coating since I live in the ever moist land known as Seattle!

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Whiskey hunting in Connecticut today...

Wearing my Western Shirt back in BK.

[​IMG]