Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. K. Nights

K. Nights Senior member

Henley looks cool but super short.

2. Louys

Louys Senior member

Definitely going to buy some henleys in long sleeve when those come out.

3. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

In for a few henleys Mike. Good stuff.

4. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

All the new stuff is badass

5. chimaki

chimaki Well-Known Member

like the thought of deeper pockets on the hoodie, but i guess i don't know that i've ever seen pockets extend to the ribbing. seems like it may invite a few issues should the ribbing and rest of the piece shrink differently, or should the ribbing stretch after quite a few big meals, stressing the pocket stitching.

6. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

You are going to do a sub line of scrubs/medical casual wear right?

Because you know you dream of a legit reason to create a batch of "EPMD" leather patches.

7. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Business Never Personal, oboy_oboy.

8. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

Will you be able to restock the white as well? It seems to have sold even faster than the grey ..

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

10. applky

applky Senior member

Mike, why is the white tighter than the others? Something about an undyed denim? I figure you'd probably have some really interesting explanation so I thought I'd ask. Also I'm on the fence about a 30 vs. a 31 so it makes a difference... Tipping me more toward a 31, probably, though I do like my denim pretty slim.

Ha, a joke about the cropped pic? Henley does look great. Probably in for one, too!

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes sir, a limited restock on white. I think that we have enough to cut 24 units or so. We ran 150 jeans for this delivery - they sold way faster than I thought. I'm going to work on ramping up production and offering some more options.

Let me ask you denimheadz: for the black OD jean, would it matter to you if the denim is selvedge or not? I've bought a bunch of 14oz Kaihara to run jackets in. Same denim as the Selvedge goods that we're using now, but the production ends up being much less expensive because non-selvedge denim has nearly twice the yield. Doing the OD is costly, so if we use non-selvedge then we can probably keep the OD price at $150. Doing it with Selvedge would push it to $175. And the black OD is so strong that the Selvedge stripe gets dyed out anyway. Not sure which way we'll go, but I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Haha, this is brilliant. You're speaking my language!

No worries - it won't be an issue at all. The Ribbing is self fabric and done in the same yarn. The whole item will be garment dyed which puts it through several hot washes, so all the shrinkage will be taken out. And since all of the french terry can flex - including the ribbing, that pocket stitching shouldn't get too stressed.

[​IMG]

Thanks guys, glad that you dig it!

@K.Nights - sorry to confuse things with that first henley image. That wasn't our body, just our collar, that's why I changed it out for the close-up shot. The henley will be made on our t-shirt body with an additional 1" added to the body length.

12. Epaulet

That's exactly it. Dyeing tends to swell fibers, so all things else being equal, a dyed cotton will typically be a tiny bit larger than an undyed - provided that both are fully washed. So the white jeans feel a little tighter but it shouldn't make a difference unless you're really on the edge of the two sizes.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014

13. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

Could you touch on the fit between the original Smith vs. the Wilshire? I like the way the 34 fits in the Smith after it stretched a bit. The 35 Smith that I have stretched to be a bit large on me, actually. I'm thinking that the 34 will be the way to go in the Wilshire?

14. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

I'm primarily interested in the OD denim jacket and care less about selvedge in that context as long as the weight/quality is similar. Honestly, fit is most important to me since so many repro/denim-head brands can't seem to create a well-fitting jacket due to their obsession with tradition.

As an aside, any plans to release similar styled jackets if the denim one sells well (e.g., type-I, type-II), maybe in non-denim fabrics? I'm big on cropped jackets and am always looking for more, but assume this depends on how well the denim version sells.

15. Epaulet

Hmmm. Wow, I haven't looked at a Smith pattern in so long, I'm not really sure. The biggest difference is that the Wilshire has IMO a much superior fit. I had an additional two years of design experience after that, and the Wilshire works better throughout all of its proportions. Construction and materials are better as well.

However in terms of sizing, I'd say to try a 34. The Wilshire is washed while the Smith was raw, so the fit will be a lot easier to ascertain. The Wilshire should fit a little bit tight on first wear - not crushing or uncomfortable - and then it will break in a bit with wear.

Good call, and agreed on the jacket. Our first edition will be selvedge, but I imagine that most of the jackets we make will be non-selvedge.

For the selvedge one, I found some incredible Cone Mills that I couldn't pass up. The Cone Mills White Oak thing has been beaten to death, but this stuff is fantastic. The fading properties are excellent - which is partially why our hand-distressed jacket looks so authentically worn.

I can (not so) humbly say that this will be the best denim jacket for the price that the world has ever known. Construction is top notch, the denim is great, and I was especially picky about the fit. I'm entirely agreed that most denim jackets fit horribly. The fit on this is perfect, and it has functional pockets to work as an actual outerwear piece. We'll definitely release it in a host of fabrics. Because honestly, I'll eat one of these jackets if we don't sell them well :bigstar: