Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. althanis

althanis Senior member

Do you guys keep any size 34 sportcoats in stock that could be tried on in store to confirm sizing before doing a MTO? I'll be visiting in mid-April and would like to try on a 34 for future reference, as I think the 36 is just a tad large. I wouldn't want to risk a 34 and end up with a sportcoat that's too small and un-returnable.

2. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

You can also do a 35 - that's what I did after seeing a 36 was too wide in the shoulders for me.

3. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

After much hemming and hawing, I finally decided to order a Navy Bartlett. Fingers crossed that it fits.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Hey Mike,

Do you guys plan on carrying a white polo any time soon?

5. applky

applky Senior member

Mike said that white polos were forthcoming in the EPLA line in April (post here). Seems like lots of EPLA stuff set to drop then!

6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Great. A white polo and gray hoody are the two pieces I want to really cop.

7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Ice shadow dots today. X-post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Just got my Wilshire jeans in my usual rivet size. I'm hoping these are the right amount of snug. My last pair of jeans I bought too tight =\
    They are soft indeed. They seem softer than my last pair which has actually been in the washing machine a number of times.

9. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

Dang got my hopes up. Saw something about Wilshire thought they restocked :(

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I'm actually at the store right now (we're typically closed on Mondays) waiting on a van from Downtown LA to drop off the jeans. Should be very soon now! Once they arrive, I'll update the online stock for indigo and we can start shipping those out tomorrow. I'll shoot Grey and White studio shots in the morning and work to get them online pronto. Will be a few days before we have fit shots, but I'll try to snap some pics outside so that you can see the true color.

Thank you sir! We've gotten great feedback on the softness of these jeans. It's really just coming from the quality of the denim. They're merely put through a simple rinse with a touch of enzyme treatment - it's not nearly the amount of washing that the typical LA-made jean gets. The denim is just phenomenal, and I really wanted the jeans to be comfortable from the first wear.

In terms of sizing, they should be a bit tighter than our chinos on the first wear, but still comfortable. They shouldn't be squeezing the life out of you when you sit. Every jean stretches, but this is a good sanforized denim that's already gone through its shrinkage, so it doesn't need to be insanely tight to fit after break in.

Sharp. I dig those boots.

Absolutely, it's already in development for this Spring. We're essentially going to make an LA-produced version of the Luchino. Same shape, same collar, but done in regular pima cotton pique rather than Italian mercerized cotton. It will be radically less expensive too.

In addition to that, we'll have a short sleeve henley which is REALLY sharp. I'm typically not a henley guy, but we're taking the body of our tee and giving it a small inset ribbed collar and a three-button placket. It's really minimal and cool. I haven't seen anything quite like it out there. I think that you guys will find this to be a really comfortable alternative to the usual polo or t-shirt duality.

11. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

This is intriguing to hear. Mike, what exactly is the process by which cotton is mercerized? I know what pima pique looks and feels like, but I'm not sure of the other.

12. nycxandy

nycxandy Senior member

Are the Dove Grey Hopsack Walts ever coming back?

13. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

Thrilled for the henleys!

One thing I noticed with the T-shirts though was that they're all quite short - the XL's only 26.25" long in the back. That's very close to just passing my belt. Will there ever be a tall option, or will the henley's run slightly longer than that?

14. trig

trig Senior member

I think Mike's all tapped out of that exact fabric but I'm sure other light grey hopsacks/fabrics will come in the future.

+1 on henley excitement and longer shirts too!

15. CPaul

CPaul Senior member

+2 shirts are really short