1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Louys

Louys Senior member

Mine have the hairiness too. You don't notice it 95% of the time.

2. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Interesting...the fit pics for the speckled chambray show a placket, but the mannequin pics don't. Hopefully the pre-orders have a placket. No button placket kinda clashes with the idea of a heavy(-ish)weight chambray, IMO.

3. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

http://robertostailor.com/

Roberto tailors Taylor Stitch's suiting and Freemans Sporting Club (when they were in SF) among others. Give him time (he tends to miss his scheduled ready date) and don't be shy about taking your time to check that everything is perfect before you leave.

1 person likes this.
  4. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

I've had good luck with Ray's Custom Tailor on Mission. Cool guy, clean work. The folks at TS also recommended I hit up Roberto's, especially for my girl's dresses. He does good work on women's clothing, too.

5. tricky

tricky Senior member

Really wish the chambray sleeves and chest weren't smaller than normal. I'd scoop them all.

6. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

So the New England version runs small like the EPLA?

7. tricky

tricky Senior member

The measurements say:

"This item is washed and is slightly smaller than our typical Epaulet New York fit. The chest is approximately 3/4" of an inch smaller (measured all around), and the body & sleeve length is about a half inch shorter."

I figured that's why Dylan has his sleeves rolled in each shot as mediums fit him just right?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  8. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

tricky.

I ordered a medium speckled Chambray and I too was worried about the measurements. I'm 6'1", 168 lbs, 38" chest, IIRC, close to your #'s..... While I would not want the shirt any smaller, the fit was alright. Even the sleeves....Might be worth a try...The speckled chambray is a really nice shirt...

9. tricky

tricky Senior member

Hmm, I can always return it right? Thanks for the tip.

10. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Thanks. I got in on the pre-order and hoping it fits better than the EPLA one.

Mike, does this mean the pre-orders are in as well?

11. tricky

tricky Senior member

I hope so too. The medium EPLA button down was too small for me as well but amazing value if they fit you.

12. AloysiusSF

AloysiusSF Senior member

Hi Mike/Other Knowledgable Folk -- care question - just wore the Gitman FF Sky Gingham Twill/Flannel shirt, really like this thing. Assume that cold wash / hang dry is good for this material? And is that a good general rule of thumb for other flannel shirts? (I guess not sure how else to clean this, but thought I'd ask.) Thank you!

13. RuleOfRescue

RuleOfRescue Senior member

Nice pick-up. Now that you point it out the lack of a placket on the mannequin of the speckled chambray is noticeable. Hopefully Mike @Epaulet will clarify. What sayest thou, Mike?

14. StopRupp

StopRupp Active Member

Thanks for the replies it helps a lot!

15. Creasy729

Creasy729 Active Member

Yeah now that it was mentioned, I can't stop seeing it. However, it looks like the other model shots all have the placket. May just be a prototype.

Personally, I would be super surprised if they went no placket without noting it here or in the product description. I wouldn't sweat it if you ordered it (which I plan to do soon myself).

16. tricky

tricky Senior member

Cold wash, gentle cycle, hang dry is how I wash all my EP shirts, including flannels. All good!

17. AloysiusSF

AloysiusSF Senior member

Thanks, Tricky, much appreciated!

18. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

ATTENTION LOS ANGELES PEOPLE

MEETUP WEDNESDAY 12/10 7PM

CHEZ VAN BUREN, DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES
    Mike is in town, for a limited time only! Anyone who is around that would like to join us for drinks is welcome to come by my place this Wednesday evening where we will be hanging out, sipping whiskey, and possibly checking out some samples or whatever Mike may have with him. I'll let him elaborate on what that might be. I'm happy to open my doors to fellow Epaulet customers and #fashion nerds so please feel free to introduce yourself and come hang out with the rest of us if you can make it out. Together, we can hassle Mike about all the obscure products we want him to develop and make him answer questions about things like lasts, linings, and loopwheels. I'm located downtown, and so if you think you'd like to swing by, please get in touch via PM and I'll provide you with the details on getting here and finding me.

Plaid pants optional, but highly recommended.

4 people like this.
  19. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

Es gibt keine placket.

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys,

Yes indeed, all of the Speckle Chambray preorders have been packed and shipped. They'll be en-route to you soon if they're not already.

The fit is our classic EPNY shape. Due to the wash it's a bit smaller than usual, but this has not been an issue for the large majority of our customers. If you're right on the edge than it might matter, but overall these $110 washed denim/chambray pieces have been very well received. You can order your regular size with confidence. The fit, cut, and make is entirely different than the original EPLA model, and I'd say that the fabric is vastly superior too. I think that we've "perfected the speckle"

And yes, both this Speckle Chambray and Heavyweight Black Chambray were done with more minimal "French" plackets. I tweaked it to give these shirts a little bit of their own character. It's something that you see from Japanese brands with more casual fabrics, so I thought that it would be cool. Our four days of rain kept me from re-shooting the fit shots on Dylan, so the pics on the form are correct.