1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. SerialComma

SerialComma Senior member

This morning I put on my (Derby Marl) Heirloom cardigan over my (tobacco) Union Jersey tee and asked my wife how I looked: "Good...but it's a shame to cover up that T-shirt."

2. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Very next level stuff.

3. StopRupp

StopRupp Active Member

I was wondering mostly about fit. If I like a tapered fit this won't disappoint, right? On another note, are the pictures online representative of the texture of the denim in person?

4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Fit is very much in line with EP trouser fits overall. They call it slim-straight, and I'm not sure if this would match with a need for tapered or not. There's an inch of difference between the size of the knee and the leg opening, so that does taper at least some.

I think the images on line do show the texture well. They are pretty crisp when new, solid but not heavy, and they have a little tiny bit of a fuzz to them (that's called something, I know... :))

5. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Finally pulled the trigger on some camel moleskin Driggs I've been wanting to get made. I wonder what the wait time is like right now. :)

Also, question:

Is the 'Old Gold' color for the Italian cotton-cashmere MTO trouser similar to the 'Old Gold' color of the recent cotton-cashmere corduroys?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  6. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

^The cotton-cashmere "old gold" color is a fairly light khaki/tan color. Here is a picture of it I took during the summer (the shoes are cognac shell cordovan for reference):
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

The measurements posted not he website are very accurate. I would recommend measuring a pair of denim you have that you like and comparing them, this really will serve you best.

If you like a more tapered fit (depending on each person's definition) I would say these are more of a strait cut. I certainly own denim that has more taper than these but the cut on these are great. So it will really depend on exactly what you are looking for.

1 person likes this.
  8. FrankCowperwood

Gave the archive photo a thumb... :)

Nice look of warm colors from warmer days to follow on @applky's. BTW, I like that double sided polka dot scarf. Whoever picked up the lightweight scarf assortment in the Instagram sale is going to be happy.

9. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I think its important to own denim in different fits for different occassions. Slim for casual wear, straight for dressy.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

slub...

11. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Thanks, Mack. That'll likely be my next purchase, then.

12. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

The grape heirloom sweater (38 cough cough see sig.) is so amazing looking in person but I'm going to have to let it go..

13. badsha

badsha Senior member

Any NY peeps willing to proxy, PM me please.

14. FrankCowperwood

It's something else... These aren't slubby. They just have a little bit of hair on them. :)

15. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

No button placket on these new chambrays? That's new direction from all previous shirting.

Personally I've never been a fan of that, but everyone has their thing.

16. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Pilings? Or pillings? nap?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  17. FrankCowperwood

OK. I looked it up. I guess a lot of denim can be singed or or not. Strikes me that maybe this hasn't been. But we'll let Mike say for sure if that's the case.

Anyway, whatever it is I'm seeing isn't pronounced. You'd hardly notice it.

18. jvillal

jvillal Well-Known Member

Anyone have recommendations for tailors in San Francisco? I need to get some pants and a jacket tailored. Last person completely bungled the sleeve alteration I asked for =(

19. Nik Telford

Nik Telford Senior member

I think the word is nep.

20. FrankCowperwood

Well, this is what I'm talking about, whether it actually applies to these Wilshires is an open question...

http://www.rawrdenim.com/dictionary/s/singeing/

They seemed pretty smooth when I got them, but I wore them raking leaves in some rain and mud and washed them afterwards, and that's when I noticed the hairiness.

Everyone should just buy a pair and then we can discuss. :rotflmao: