Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tricky

tricky Senior member

I'm 6'1 165-170 and wear 33 in Walts. Check out my photos submitted for the contest entry to see how the Walts fit with 11D shoes.

2. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

Dear Mike,

When I measure my hand for gloves, shall I expand my finger as much as possible, expand it naturally or make them close to each other?

3. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Oh nice. Good look. I may be purchasing some Walts pretty soon.

4. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

5. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks for the compliments, dudes. Sadly, I'm a pretty boring guy so smoking cigar is probably out of the question. I might pass out with a Bud Light! Haha.

Similar set up today. The cardigan may be one of my earliest Epaulet buys. Also, Carmina boots.
    [​IMG]

6. tricky

tricky Senior member

Glad I woke up early to see one pair of orange windowpane tweed Walts and brown LBM heavily discounted.

I don't ever remember seeing those Walts so nice surprise.

Still wish I'd grabbed than chambray LBM - truly the perfect summer casual piece.

Now will wait patiently for the hoodies to drop :)

7. Don L

Don L Senior member

OK, so all 3 LBM's in the Sale section are in my size. Seems I need to grab one since I have been eyeing them from afar for far too long.
    Blue, Grey or go Chambray......

8. Irish

Irish Senior member

Sounds like a rhetorical question but I'll answer anyway. I think Navy. I like the grey, but I think it might wear a little flat. With grey I'd rather something w/ some depth like that linen/silk swatch someone posted this week. And personally I've just never been a fan of chambray or light blue. I always end up looking like these guys:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014

9. tricky

tricky Senior member

Hahaha that's hilarious. The blue is awesome and grey is ok but the chambray is killer if you rock it really casual - someone posted a fit pic and it was pretty dope.

Still laughing at that photo!

10. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I picked up two of the LBMs during the sale. I have the grey as well as the navy herringbone that's now gone. Even though I have the grey and like it a lot, I would personally go with the navy. The navy herringbone is a touch less casual than the grey or this navy pique, and heavier. The chambray is pretty cool, too.

11. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

1. Have I missed some heavyweight wool trousers in size 32/33 at attractive prices, should I start kicking myself? Because judging from a few posts above there have been some cool pants added to the sale section.
    2. Did I use the correct tense in the first question? Or perhaps - have I used the correct tense in the first question? Should I use Past Simple or Present Perfect? Do you, native English users, even bother with such grammatical issues? Does the decision which tense to use come to you instantaneously, naturally? That is what always bugs me. In Poland, during our English education they bombard us with grammar (oftentimes leaving the rest unattended) and still I find it so difficult to tell the difference between these two tenses.

Both inquiries are serious business :).

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

1) Yes

2) A lot of which tense one uses in this situation depends on where you grew up in the States, tbh. Present perfect or Past Simple are both apropriate, and I would find native speakers hard pressed to determine one that is more fitted to this situation.

Present perfect often suggests a more rhetorically-tinged question, whereas Past Simple is more common in everyday questions.

Either way - you write well, and no one would question your command of the language.

13. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Anyone sleeping on those superfine charcoal birdseye is doing yourself a disservice - I'm wearing them today and they're pretty awesome.

14. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Thanks El Argentino.

ad 1. Doh, guess I should be ever vigilant. I have been hunting for wool pants for some time - there's very little chance I can afford them if they're not heavily discounted... How much were they, then? Anyone? I'd be grateful for detailed info so I can kick myself just this little bit harder.
    ad 2. Appreciate clearing this up - I will still hesitate between the two, but that's unavoidable with the most non-native English speakers I suppose. There is tendency in Poland to clearly separate Past Simple and Present Perfect, which I've always found wrong. There is also the tendency to teach British English instead of American English, which I find equally wrong :).

Writing is one thing, but speaking is a completely different thing :).

Edit: Never mind, I think I know how much the pants were - $75 for Grey Italian Donegal Tweed Greenpoint Trousers, is that correct? *Sniff*.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Go with the Chambray. Going to come into season very soon and you'll get a ton of wear out of it.
    Haha, this photo is killer. Agreed that it can be difficult at first to pull off a lighter colored coat, but something like this IMO is a natural match to chinos and lighter, distressed jeans. With chinos, it's absolutely brilliant. And it's really soft and more casual than most LBM's, so it's better suited for chinos, a henley, and loafers than it is with formal trousers, tie, and dress shirt.
    Good catch! That pant was one of one. Enjoy it!