Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Randomore

Randomore Senior member

Thanks for the excellent service today Mike! These Driggs are awesome. The shirt is a perfect fit and bonus, my wife loves the eggplant color. Let me know when those Wilshires get restocked! The white denim Wilshire might actually be my first white pair of pants... IT IS GREAT!

Having the new Santa Monica store so close is not going to be good on my wallet...

2. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Oisin,
    Great photo. What shotgun is that?
    I'm actually starting to casually shop for a new one dedicated to sporting clays

3. oisin

oisin Senior member

Thanks. Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting. It's a sporting clays gun, not a true hunting gun, but a sporting clays gun should be versatile and it's the only shotgun I own currently (tho there are many I am lusting after ... I need a light side by side in 16 or 20g for looking badass while upland hunting, a solid semi-auto for ducks and chukkar, etc.). Anyway, as a sporting clays gun I really like it (and hunting gun too tho it is of course a bit heavy). A little bit more money than a basic Browning/Beretta (it was pretty much at the top of my budget) but it fit me well out of the box, the wood and finish is definitely nicer, and I just like how it felt and pointed for me compared to the Browning 725 or Beretta 626. I got 30" barrels because I knew I'd use it for a bunch of different things including hunting and skeet -- you might consider 32" barrels (longer seems trendier these days), plus an adjustable comb and recoil pad for a serious sporting clays setup.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  4. applky

applky Senior member

Yeah, though it might be around there. I'd definitely wear it but not as much as say the LBM 1911 stuff, so I think I'll have to save my SC budget for that (maybe I'll start a navy digicamo SC kickstarter? jk).

About the LBM 1911 S/S pieces, any idea when those will start to arrive?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  5. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

A couple of cowhide Wyatts on sale. If only there were a medium there...

6. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

The XXL cowhide Wyatt wouldn't happen to be at the Manhattan store, would it? I'd kinda like to try that on! Never seen an Epaulet jacket available in that before.

7. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

The XXL is in the Brooklyn store. We're open 12-6 today if you want to swing by!

8. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Thank you for the information. I looked at the Beretta 692 which is above my target price range but a nice gun. Will take a look at the Casear when I have a chance. Will probably have to wait until late spring or early summer to get serious in my search though. I expect that will be the earliest opportunity I have to actually shoot any of the ones I'm considering.

9. SeanMarcellus

SeanMarcellus Well-Known Member

How much do the Chinos shrink?

I bought size 36 8oz canvas to see how they fit and they were a little to big, as I thought they'd be, but had no problems wearing them with a belt, as they would fall down without one when walking.

During the approx. 2 moths it takes to get the custom size I wore my first Chinos all the time as they are my favorite pants. So, now I've washed my 36's 3 or 4 times, today they fit perfect and don't need a belt.

I wash in warm, rinse in cold, I use the delicate cycle. I do dry on hi but just until they are barley dry, not 100%, just to get the wrinkles out.

I want to buy more, but am unsure of what size to buy now.

10. applky

applky Senior member

^ If you hang dry your chinos, they won't shrink at all.

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Oisin gets props on his at the range all of the time. I have a Beretta Silver Pigeon II, but I'm new to this whole thing. The only birds that I've shot are clay. One thing that I had to contend with when buying the Beretta was manual vs. automatic safety. Most of their models seem to be made in a field variant (auto safety) and a sporting variant (manual safety). If you get the field one, you have to flip off the safety every time that you close it, which is a pain. I had to "hunt" down the sporting version.

Just started coming in! We'll have the first batch of them online next week.

Thank you sir, it was my pleasure! Really glad that everything worked so well for you. We're still on track for the new Wilshires & restock at the end of this week. The white ones are going to be dope.

Sure, we'll absolutely be able to do that.

My other Epaulet pheasant tie got a bit of a workout today.

[​IMG][
    /quote]

This image is freaking fantastic

12. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Looking at the measurements, The Driggs fit may be exactly what I've been looking for, can't wait for the wool ones to drop! Also, for people on the fence about the mink/cashmere pants, the sheen of the fabric is a lot more subtle irl than the picture show IMO, and is great for business casual to more formal situations, and really a steal at the price. Don't sleep on those!

13. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

...aaaaand done. [​IMG]

Not the best pic, but just to document the "yes"-scoring fit on the 14th.
    Navy hopsack Caine, blue pinpoint oxford, 4-way multi dot PS (excuse the lousy tuck). Not shown: FF tan-black rivets, EPxAlden nat CXL Indy.

[​IMG]

14. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ wow, congrats! And going EP x 5 for the proposal...I think Mike deserves an invite to the wedding.

15. tricky

tricky Senior member

Congrats for sure! I think we should all attend :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014