1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. oisin

oisin Senior Member

It's a conspiracy by Matt / @leftofthedial :p

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014

2. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Thanks. That's helpful.

Now another thing. I think your last three or so photos have been in Epaulet Santa Monica as far as I can tell... Spending some quality time there?

:)

Jealous 'cause I can't.

3. oisin

oisin Senior Member

Hehe, yep.

4. mothball

mothball Senior Member

You're welcome! Now please return the favor and buy the espresso suede.

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

The Driggs Trouser

Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone who ordered these today - we've got a nice batch shipping out. It's a little tough to properly launch stuff these days because I'm in a newborn baby no-sleeping twilight zone and NYC is a frozen wasteland, so let me break everything down.

The Fit
    If the Walt is intended to be a Slim Trouser, the Driggs is intended to split the difference between the Walt and a true skinny trouser. It's not all the way Dior Homme, but it's meant to be strongly tapered and have some attitude. The measurements are different because of the different means of construction, but essentially the Driggs is the Wilshire jean in trouser form.

As such, the fit will be slimmer on the legs and in the seat than the Walt. If you fit the Wilshire, then you're most likely going to love the fit on the Driggs - especially in this washed cotton twill. I'd say that 90% of the guys who wear the Walt will be able to fit into the Driggs, and will like it if the overall shape is their style. And you should order the same size that you typically take in the Walt/Rivet.

If you take a Rudy, find the Wilshire to be too slim, or you're really filling out the Walt to the point of it fitting tightly on your thighs, then the Driggs is probably going to feel too small. But it should work great for the majority of our customers.

The inseam on the Driggs is 33" due to the enzyme wash. It's a hot wash that softens the fabric and pre-shrinks it. Like a pair of jeans, this is a touch shorter than it will ultimately be. You can assume that it will "grow" to about 33.5 as you wear it and stretch the legs a bit. So in reality it's only 0.5" shorter than spec.

Fit Photos

A MILLION thanks to oisin for modeling this fit image. The current fit photos on the site aren't all that illustrative of the Driggs' actual shape. Logan has pretty skinny legs - more so than most of our customers - so they look deceptively baggy on him. The overhead perspective also served to make his hips look bigger than they are. Outdoor fit shots are crazy these days in NYC due to the snow and slush, so Logan & Jim had to cram these pics in to a harried Sunday at the shop. They're doing a kick-ass job, but I'm going to reshoot these in LA on Tuesday.

But for the time being, have a look at oisin's shot. This is very true as to how the Driggs really fits. And he's a tall guy (6'2" or so?). The rise is a bit lower than the Walt, but it's nothing extreme, and it still works on him IMO.

[​IMG][/quote]

Fabric & Pricing

This English Twill is a seriously boss fabric. It has a great hand and a very nice weight. For all of the Cramerton talk here, I can tell you that the British Khaki color is very similar in tone, weight, and hand to our original Cramerton trousers. It's going to age beautifully. I bought a ton of it at a great price, so this is one of our most affordable trousers to date. It's radically better than Regiment Twill, for anyone who has experience with that.

MTO Options for the Driggs and other fits in English Twill

Our MTO Trouser program is still in development - we're waiting for some paper patterns to come in, and this process unfortunately moves at a glacial pace. But when it goes live, the Driggs will be order-able in sizes 28 through 40, even and odd waists. You can tweak details like the coin pockets and inseams and such. And you'll be able to order it in a full range of fabrics.

And I can tell you, the Driggs in a lightweight wool like hopsack will be so freaking sharp that it's illegal. Pair it with the that new Vittorio jacket and it will be freaking outrageous.

Alongside that, these English Twills will be order-able in Walt and Rudy trousers. We'll be able to make Southwick jackets on demand as well. The only restriction is that we cannot enzyme wash individual MTO pieces. But the enzyme really just emulates putting the trouser through 3-4 normal washes, so you'll hit that same level of softness in time regardless.

Here's the three colors that are available:

[​IMG]

Driggs Washed Cotton Twill Trouser Navy: $150

[​IMG]

Driggs Washed Cotton Twill Trouser Olive: $150

[​IMG]

Driggs Washed Cotton Twill Trouser British Khaki: $150

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

Shell Salingers today.

7. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

So dope.

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

CONGRATS TO EL ARGENTINO!

[​IMG]

You are officially the winner of the Epaulet Fall Fit Contest. A pair of VASS shoes will be coming your way shortly!

Here is the montage pic that took it home, folks. We'll do the random drawing this week!

[​IMG]

9. bkotsko

bkotsko Distinguished Member

Awesome EA, congrats!!

10. gyasih

gyasih Distinguished Member

Yes, congrats to El Argentino!

11. tricky

Well deserved!!!!!

12. tricky

Mike - was planning to buy the sport trainers and read a few pages back there's a new model in the works made of different leather?

What are the differences in style, quality price etc and what's the estimated delivery time?

Can't decide whether I should wait.

13. wsumarine

wsumarine Senior Member

This should be the official fit pic. Changed my take on the pants.

14. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

:embar: Thanks all.

Although tbh, I voted for gwhitehead, Rob and you, Tricky. That carmel duck jacket w/ the suede dubmonks was sweet.

15. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider