• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Argh Matt....if I thought I could pull off that jacket I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

A DR isn't as hard to pull off as you might think, and probably more versatile than you'd expect. It's not always the best choice for bigger guys, but most of pulling it off comes from believing you can pull it off.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have thought about adding cuffs but it just didn't seem right. I'm not sure why.

Agreed. I don't cuff linens so I can wear them casually as well as part of more trad fits. A cuff with sneakers just doesn't work for me, but a plain bottom hem does double duty. (I never wear my tweeds with sneakers, of course, so I can cuff away with those.)

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any word on when that last round of FF shirts will be coming in? I forget when the expected deliver was supposed to be.

+1
Also, what is the expected wait for special order trousers? Received one pair from an order but not second pair. Shame as the pair received is a summer pant and the other are winter.

neutrino

Reaction score
Any word on when that last round of FF shirts will be coming in? I forget when the expected deliver was supposed to be.
Another +1, and same question on that hand-burnished Carmina jumper - looking forward to my first Carminas.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Epaulet cadet gray suit.

Last edited:

katabatic

Reaction score
2" cuffs on linen trousers? This makes an interesting contribution to the discussion on cuffs/no cuffs. Personally, I am persuaded that cuffs will often be the right choice for tweed, flannel, and heavier trousers. I'm not sure they would work on the sanded canvas. And I had not thought about trying them on linen.

My current debate is whether to put cuffs on my new corduroy trousers, just arrived from Epaulet. My instinct is "yes." But there is a little hesitation. BTW, they look great. I got the emerald green and the taupe.

I've an MTM linen suit with 2" cuffs - I think it works very well. Of course, I pretty much prefer cuffs on everything - I find having a little visual weight to the bottom of the trouser makes the transition from trouser to my size 12 feet a little smoother.

Simplicio

Reaction score

Agreed. I don't cuff linens so I can wear them casually as well as part of more trad fits. A cuff with sneakers just doesn't work for me, but a plain bottom hem does double duty. (I never wear my tweeds with sneakers, of course, so I can cuff away with those.)

I've an MTM linen suit with 2" cuffs - I think it works very well. Of course, I pretty much prefer cuffs on everything - I find having a little visual weight to the bottom of the trouser makes the transition from trouser to my size 12 feet a little smoother. 

The context and level of dress is probably relevant. Cuffs might work well on a linen suit. I have all of my suit trousers cuffed, although I don't own a linen suit. Like applky, I like to wear my linen trousers more casually. I often go sockless in the summer time, and prefer less dressy shoes. So I think I will skip the cuffs on those.

herzzreh

Reaction score
Hey... about 3 years ago you ha these tan pants made out of some WW2era-type fabric, I forgot the name. Any slight chance you'd be restocking those? I knew I should've bought 2 pairs.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Cramerton

and there was some recent discussion about trying to do another run, so I would stay tuned since it sounds like it may happen as a special order or something like that

herzzreh

Reaction score

Cramerton

and there was some recent discussion about trying to do another run, so I would stay tuned since it sounds like it may happen as a special order or something like that

Those! I'd buy 2-3 pairs this time around! (If the price is reasonable)

On a side note, I need about an inch or so ********** and the waist after a recent weight gain. Can I get this out of the Walt? Any experiences?

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
yes.

in my experience some of the fabrics have made up slightly differently so I've made that adjustment both ways; on the moleskin and regimental twills, I had the waist let out a little under an inch (but I think you can do up to 1.5" -- ask Mike to be sure); on the super 120s wool and some of the other dressier wools I've had the waist taken in by about the same amount.

actually now that I think of it, the difference there may be that I'm washing and drying the ones I have to have let out. that probably explains it. either way though this answers your question.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads