• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2" cuffs on linen trousers? This makes an interesting contribution to the discussion on cuffs/no cuffs. Personally, I am persuaded that cuffs will often be the right choice for tweed, flannel, and heavier trousers. I'm not sure they would work on the sanded canvas. And I had not thought about trying them on linen.

My current debate is whether to put cuffs on my new corduroy trousers, just arrived from Epaulet. My instinct is "yes." But there is a little hesitation. BTW, they look great. I got the emerald green and the taupe.
I have a cuff on my cigar brown linen trousers from this past summer. Works wonders.

Cords depend entirely on the thickness of the fabric. I don't own any EP cords, but on the ones I do have I leave the thicker/heavier fabrics uncuffed (too chunky) and the lighter/thinner ones I cuff. FWIW, I generally default to having a cuff rather than not.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Little fit pic on this cold NYC day:

Epaulet Navy Bartlett
Epaulet LA Denim Western Shirt

That is a fascinating shirt you have on underneath the western shirt.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Haha. It's an alpaca/wool blend Ecuadorean sweater Logan found at a secondhand shop.

A little but classy and a little bit rock n roll.
I love this thing! Extremely comfortable.

I'm going to say that Epaulet has to do some sort of Alpaca sweater for F/W 2014.

Just planning ahead.

beez

Reaction score
I think a hefty cuff on the bottom of linen could work for some people - the extra heft of the cuff could help the linen to fall better and thus maintain a slightly sharper look by helping to maintain the main pressed crease. Also gives it a bit more visual weight so you're not blowing around loosey-goosey.
I do this with all linen pants.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

On the Eisenhower topic, if I sized up in the old fit because of shoulders and armholes, should I size up in the new one as well? I believe it was only length that was tweaked?
Yup, keep the same size that worked for you in the wool jacket. The only pattern change is 1" extra length in the body. The leather jacket will feel a touch smaller than the wool one, just due to the lighter material, but that fit difference is pretty insignificant. All you guys who got the jackets - we're really looking forward to some fit photos! :slayer:
Man if you find a 31 please just PM me. Wishing I'd picked those up at full price!
Ah man, we're totally out. Drop a line to the Armoury though - I'm not sure if they're still producing the jeans, but if they are, it should be easy to pick up from them. They're great guys.
Another question to Mike: from those MTO shirt options, will some of them be stocked as OTR? I think the blue oxford was mentioned, but what about other solids?
Yes we absolutely will. It's going to take a little bit for our Gitman Bros-made basics to come in, but I imagine that we'll stock a few OCBD's and some other basics like the blue end-on-end.
So Mike, I think I might need one of those Luchino polos...
Epaulet Marcello jacket and linen pants​
Haha, this is cool. My Sicilian grandfather would have rocked the s*** out of those shoes after splashing himself with cologne
Mike & Crew, Has the white denim arrived yet? Thanks
Not yet, but should be soon. Working like hell to fast track those!
also just noticing this; how is there no white luchino polo?
Good call, and would have been an obvious choice for a basic color. The problem is that particular mercerized pique. It's totally fine and opaque in the darker colors that we use, but really light tones would look a bit transparent. So anyone with Tom Selleck chest hair or a Sailor Jerry tall ship chest piece would have it blazing through the cloth.
I'm hoping there's a white polo on tap for the EPLA line. I think Mike said we're still a while out on those though...maybe April.
Absolutely - we're on track for an April polo delivery and white will definitely be in the lineup.
Will Epaulet be coming out with any spring jackets? Maybe a Harrington type?
Not a harrington jacket, but our Spring coats so far will be: EPNY: leather Bartlett and Eisenhower jackets (dropped last week, online now) EPLA: jean jacket, French Work jacket, a few other surprises in store 3rd Party: LBM 1911 jackets in cotton and cotton/linen (chino-lino) blends
How's about a summer suit? Tan cotton?
Not OTR, but we'll certainly have that on offer from Southwick and Samuelsohn as MTO. Probably from Lubiam as well.
Little fit pic on this cold NYC day:
Epaulet Navy Bartlett Epaulet LA Denim Western Shirt
This is dope! Little Echo Park style right there.
Any word on the Loden Orange Windowpane SC group buy?
Good question, let me follow up on that one

Simplicio

Reaction score

I think a hefty cuff on the bottom of linen could work for some people - the extra heft of the cuff could help the linen to fall better and thus maintain a slightly sharper look by helping to maintain the main pressed crease. Also gives it a bit more visual weight so you're not blowing around loosey-goosey.

I have a cuff on my cigar brown linen trousers from this past summer. Works wonders.

Cords depend entirely on the thickness of the fabric. I don't own any EP cords, but on the ones I do have I leave the thicker/heavier fabrics uncuffed (too chunky) and the lighter/thinner ones I cuff. FWIW, I generally default to having a cuff rather than not.

I can definitely appreciate the practical benefit of having the weight of the cuff. I find that linen trousers are difficult to know how to hem because as you wear them you get wrinkling, blowing around (as you say), but then also a little stretch. I have thought about adding cuffs but it just didn't seem right. I'm not sure why. As for the cords, I probably will cuff those. But I still feel that it is more natural on a heavier fabric.

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
Any word on when that last round of FF shirts will be coming in? I forget when the expected deliver was supposed to be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads