1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Shouldaville

Shouldaville Senior member

Chocolate flannel Walt today.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

Crap, are there not going to be long sleeve henleys in that heavier 8oz fabric?

3. badsha

badsha Senior member

What do you guys think of the Epaulet Sport Trainers vs. Buttero sneakers?

4. jvillal

jvillal Well-Known Member

Just received my heirloom sweater. Love it, but the body seems to be about an 1"-1.5" too small in the chest/body. Everything else fits really well. Is it reasonable to expect that this will stretch out a bit over time?

5. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Absolutely. it will conform to your body.

6. stylenoob718

stylenoob718 Well-Known Member

What are people's thoughts on Epaulets pants? I've been thinking of adding a tweed pants to my rotation (+ something to go with my shell cordovan alden boots).

Quality? Slim fit?

I appreciate any thoughts on the topic!

Thanks

7. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I have both and love both equally.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Not sure if you are being serious or not...But you are coming into an official affiliate thread and asking what people think. You are clearly going to get an overwhelming support of the brand and their product. Not to mention that a quick search of the thread would yield many positive response and much detail around each cut and fit.

I am not trying to be rude or write off your question in any way, so please do not take it as such. I just think the question is probably best asked a different way or even in a different thread

1 person likes this.
  9. stylenoob718

stylenoob718 Well-Known Member

Fair point! I guess I'm coming from other brands' threads where people are actually a bit critical of quality etc (Everlane comes to mind).

Appreciate the advice nonetheless.

10. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Maybe they have reason to be ;) but in this thread that is generally not an issue at all. Incredibly high quality and even better value relative to price point, competition, etc

11. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Epaulet trousers are all I wear. Can't speak more highly than that, really.

The Walt is fairly slim, but I typically have the legs slimmed a bit more (probably similar to the Driggs but with the Walt higher rise and I have to size up an inch to fit my hips correctly).

1 person likes this.
  12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I think the quality is there, and if there is an issue with a specific pair of trousers (something that's possible for any maker), then Epaulet takes care of its customers very well.

In terms of fit, which cuts are you looking at? There is a range of choices, though a slim fit is really the case across the board.

There are some really nice Walt and Driggs tweed options right now. Lots of good photos here and on Instgram of them paired with shell boots and shoes.

Also, not sure if you've noted in Mike's signature here, but SF members get a 14-day return for refund window. You do pay shipping back, but if you are in the US, that's a small price to pay to have a look and judge fit.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  13. FLW

FLW Senior member

Trousers are fantastic. I think trousers were the first Epaulet product that I ever saw praised and recommended on the internet (back in 2009ish).

I bought a brown tweed Walt model trouser with camel and orange flecks back in 2009 and they are still going plenty strong. They are made in a Brooklyn-based factory that is popular with quite a few internet-oriented men's clothing stores, but I think that Epaulet's MTO options and fabric selections put them over the top.

The Walt fit is the embodiment of "slim not skinny" while the Driggs is a bit more slim. Rivet chinos are a more casual option, but they are by far the most popular trouser that they sell.

Be warned, though, your first Epaulet purchase (trouser or otherwise) is only a gateway drug...

14. FLW

FLW Senior member

Dude asks the question... gets four emphatic responses in under 20 minutes

Gotta rep EP all day :slayer:

15. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

oh hi i heard you like EP pants here.

16. tricky

tricky Senior member

I'd say if you're in a committed relationship and you value your partner, then stay far away from Epaulet. Once you're in, it's game over and it's a terrible addiction. Don't say you weren't warned...

17. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

When I first started perusing SF, Epaulets thread was the first thread I read and then read it all the way through. In a short period of time I've purchased a whole lot of items. The only items I have sent back were for size changes. I have a tricky sizing in pants and Epaulets pant fits and quality are the best I've found. I own a pair of Walt's, a garand, black jeans,chinos and several driggs. Once you dial in your size, it is super easy to order as you can count on the size and quality and just concern yourself with the style and colors and that is very comforting..The fit on the pants is on the slim side for me which I need for my skinny legs..I live in Florida and have bought more winter gear in the last few months than I have in the last 20 years. The quality is outstanding and my dealings with Mike and Adele have been fantastic. So buy with confidence, find your correct size and get on the epaulet love train...

18. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Haha, this is why I only pop in here every once and a while and try to avoid frenzy sales like the Ends for Friends. I fear my wallet and relationship are not well equipped enough to handle wanting every Epaulet item I see. The Antelope Kudu boot being the latest want.

19. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Well, you learn to develop...what's a good word...strategies...

20. NCowardParody

NCowardParody Active Member

Well since we're all hanging out & talking about pants...

I recently picked up a pair of Garands in Hazel Heavyweight Steep Twill and they are like really fantastic. They're my first pair of Epaulet trousers and I'm already plotting my next purchase. Seriously the Garands are such a great casual pant - the materials & fit & price are superb. I look forward to seeing what other fabrics Mike & co plan to incorporate into the Garand line...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014