Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.
So now the babyswear sub-field will start
2 questions for you dudes:
1. How do you know when it's time to service your shoes due to soles wearing down? This is primary geared towards leather soles. Is it when holes start forming?
2. In regards to cuffing trousers...is this seem as more casual and informal? Would one want to add cuffs to a staple suit or a suit used specifically for a wedding?
1. I go by feel. If the sole feels really squishy that means it's almost through to the cork; at that time I consider it time for a resole.
2. Cuffs are traditionally a casual "country" detail. I typically put them on flannels and tweeds, and sometimes on suits when I want to go full #menswear. I generallly wouldn't put them on a more formal suit, but it's sort of a personal preference these days I think.
Thanks for the fast reply!
With the little walking I do on concrete ground, I think it will be fairly quite a while before I need to service the shoes for their soles. Feeling squishy...that's interesting. Does it feel like wearing an old pair of sneakers perhaps? With no response?
2. I agree. Since menswear has become so popular with the younger crowd, almost anything goes...highwater pants and thick cuffs. I am semi thinking about adding cuffs on a pretty boring charcoal suit, but kinda iffy about it.
1. It's not so much that you can feel the squishiness when walking, it's more that if you push on the sole with your thumb it has some give to it, you know?
2. I say go for it! You can always get them removed. It might just be the influence of current trends, but I really like how the interface of shoes with cuffs looks.
Congrats Mike and Adele! Glad to hear everyone is doing well.
Congrats Mike and Adele. Welcome to the club!
Congratulations Mike and Adele!
Congrats Mike! All the best to you and your family.
Congratulations to you Mike and Adele. She's beautiful.
Fantastic news Mike & Adele. Nothing better than a little girl
Congrats Mike and Adele on the little bundle of joy!
Huge congratulations to Mike and Adele. What a beautiful girl! Some other customers and I toasted to her at the shop on Saturday in your absence!
Thanks! And yeah, I am not surprised to hear that critique from you. I actually went back and forth between cuff vs. no cuff and I think I should have stuck with the cuffs. And I actually agree that a no-break hem would good here, but I would never want my jeans to fit like that for any other look. You pull it off well, but it's generally not for me, I don't think.
This fit was sort of a test run. It looks like I'm probably going to be in Milan for a few days in May. I don't know if I should go full #pitti, but I feel like I may as well make an effort to blend in since I've got the chance. Not planning on packing a suit but I can justify bringing the Marcello to do something like this look.
Separate names with a comma.