• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Just a guess, but probably if the other measurements will work. In my experience the waist felt pretty roomy and I probably could have sized down to 32, but felt like I liked the thigh and knee were better in 33.

My rivets fit me perfectly in a 30. I sized down to a 29 in the Wilshire and I'm glad that I did. They were pretty snug (but not too tight) at first but have stretched a very small bit to perfection. If you think the waist in a 30 is too tight from the measurements, I wouldn't expect it to stretch very much.

I'm also waiting for the 31s to restock. After speaking with Mike I feel the 30s would be too tight. I am a 31 in Walts and 32 in rivets. I feel the 32 wilshires would be a tad bigger than I'd like.

Thank you gentlemen!! I think I will stick with 31.

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple questions on spring/summer stuff:

1) Do you have any pics, specs, ETA on the new trainer? Somewhere I think you said it would be a new design but still GAT style?

2) Are there plans to stock something similar to the Nori? I was hoping to pick up a pair--seems like an ideal pant for a grey trouser guy. But I guess they were too popular with Epaulet fatties like me (36).

Thanks.

Last edited:

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there any update to the Vass pre-order from last October? I think the original estimate was something like 2-5 months. We're right around 3 right now, are these still on track to make it here within the next 2 months?

I'd love an update, too.

(thanks!)

kulfi

Reaction score

Epaulet blue OCBD and grey regimental twill pants
Mike -- photo question, why do these shoes keep photographing like they are florescent or something? I swear the color is not as jarring IRL...

The contrast is great though. What are they?

A lot of nice footwear on this thread.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Quote:
thanks! nothing special, just Clarks DBs but in a color that apparently is only available from the UK -- "amber gold suede"

here is today:

the ever-elusive successful(?) sport coat + tie + denim combination

Epaulet Marcello Jacket​

Man with Apple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks! nothing special, just Clarks DBs but in a color that apparently is only available from the UK -- "amber gold suede" here is today:
the ever-elusive successful(?) sport coat + tie + denim combination​
Epaulet Marcello Jacket​
Very well put together. Well done.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^I'll agree. I think the suede loafers and faded denim both say that you aren't trying to pretend that you are really dressed up (the way dark denim and laced shoes might). At the same time the fit is slim overall, so it's not as if you threw on a jacket with your work wear jeans.

Marcello looks great.

malwear

Reaction score
I assume there's no chance of a brief revival of the 25% code? I only ask because it looks like there are now two units of the Ironwood tweed in 33 that were not up last week.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surreptitious awkward angle from the airport.

Epaulet Harris tweed Daltrey, sweater, and wool/cash/mink Walts.

Man, you do both casual and dressy-ish styles so damn well!

Couple questions on spring/summer stuff:

1) Do you have any pics, specs, ETA on the new trainer? Somewhere I think you said it would be a new design but still GAT style?

2) Are there plans to stock something similar to the Nori? I was hoping to pick up a pair--seems like an ideal pant for a grey trouser guy. But I guess they were too popular with Epaulet fatties like me (36).

Thanks.

We're still working on the sneaker, but making good progress! Just saw a sample of a newer, slightly nicer leather, so they'll be incoming in the somewhat near future.

We typically run a tropical wool in the Nori/Pine tone, I'm almost positive we have that coming.

I'd love an update, too.

(thanks!)

Thanks guys! We have a shipment incoming from Vass and I believe all of our MTO shoes are in there. It shouldn't be more than a week or two out.

thanks! nothing special, just Clarks DBs but in a color that apparently is only available from the UK -- "amber gold suede"

here is today:

the ever-elusive successful(?) sport coat + tie + denim combination

Epaulet Marcello Jacket​

I think you killed this. That Marcello lends itself so well to washed out denim.

My only critique, of course you knowing me means take it with a grain of salt, is I would prefer no break on the jeans .
smile.gif

Ah, sorry about that. We should have them shot and launched sometime in the next few days. Looks like someone got a little anxious building them out and made the item visible (most likely me...).

I assume there's no chance of a brief revival of the 25% code? I only ask because it looks like there are now two units of the Ironwood tweed in 33 that were not up last week.

Ah, no. Sorry about that. We were doing a little inventory in the shops yesterday and found some F/W stuff that wasn't on the site.

There's some Russett tweed, Mocha flannel and Ironwood showing on the site now!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads