Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

[​IMG]

The madras jacket certainly takes a good sense of self to wear, but could definitely look badass in the right combo.

[​IMG]

Wanted to toss this up for anyone that hasn't checked out the items on the site yet.

If any 40R is looking to complete a grey flannel suit on the cheap, you can't get much better than the Oxford Grey Flannel Daltrey!

2. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Yup. I just have an immediate negative reaction to notch lapels on a dinner jacket. Maybe someday I'll get over it, but this is not that day. Take away the grosgrain facing, or put on a shawl collar instead and it's entirely different, but the combination of notch lapel and a contrasting facing is just....

3. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

Only if this is 38

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  4. applky

applky Senior member

Same thoughts on both counts. Oh well it's not like there's been a massive A/W sale going on anyway... [​IMG]

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

[​IMG]

6. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

7. applky

applky Senior member

The notch lapels make it easier to wear casually. If it were a 38/37, especially in a short length, I'd get the lining taken out and wear it with shorts all summer.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Pretty much just (Epaulet) plus sizes. [​IMG]

9. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

arent notch lapels pretty standard?

10. applky

applky Senior member

@venividivicibj Technically yes they're slightly less formal, but it's really about the cut of the suit and/or the type/use of jacket. @katabatic is right that dinner jackets traditionally have either peaked or shawl lapels, but honestly it's not a huge deal (especially with a casual/novelty fabric). Peaked lapels are only traditional/mandatory these days on double-breasted jackets, where they look absolutely great -- and they look better on a DB overcoat than an Ulster Collar, IMO. Single-breasted jackets can sometimes have peaked lapels, but I've always found that odd looking. Notch lapels are more general purpose, and look good on everyone. Peak lapels are more specific and I think some guys just aren't into them, sort of like elbow patches. I personally think they look great on all double-breasted garments, but don't see them as mandatory elsewhere.

11. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for the orders guys - I'm glad that you were able to find a few things in the sample sale! We've got some more pieces - like one-off leather jackets - set to go live next week.

And on the Madras Tux jacket, I'd agree on the lapels - I would have preferred a peak lapel on that too.

Honestly we have no idea where it came from. We didn't order it. Southwick doesn't have a record of sending it to us. It just arrived one day and they told us that it was for Epaulet, but for no stated purpose. It's made in our fit though, and it's certainly a unique one-off piece! I'd match it with a really light pair of cotton trousers or even our upcoming white jeans. Kind of like "go to hell" formalwear.

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Just bought 10 whole chickens from Costco, be back later, Frank. Mandatory chest day at the gym today. Will be a 40R by Sunday night to buy jacket.

13. tricky

tricky Senior member

My tailor took an Epaulet Napoli from a 40 to 38. Can post pics if helpful to anyone.

14. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I became a huge LBM 1911 SC fan because of this sale. It's actually been a couple months now but I initially got the navy herringbone blazer on sale and loved it so much I bought the grey one a few days. You will love the grey one. It's a great casual piece. I've had to have the sleeves shortened but the fit is superb. Enjoy.

15. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

^ Yeah, and I think you got a way better sale price than I did. I don't regret what I paid for it but you will appreciate what value you're getting for what you paid.