1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

One question for fellow owners though...is the sleeve cuff really tight?

yes very tight. but i assume it will loosen a bit with more wear. u have to unbutton/button whenever you are putting it on/off

2. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Does anyone have a pic of some lived-in smith jeans? It's very difficult to tell if I want to buy from the raw product shot... any fades etc?

I'm interested in this question as well pertaining to the black Smith's especially. IIRC these were introduced at the same time as the original, no-contrast stich indigo's last spring; curious how they age/fade?

3. LPatterson

LPatterson Senior member

yes very tight. but i assume it will loosen a bit with more wear. u have to unbutton/button whenever you are putting it on/off

I can get my hands through them when putting them on without much trouble, but I have to unbutton the cuff when taking it off.

4. jeisurii

jeisurii Well-Known Member

And, just as a heads-up, we're going to put our remaining Olive Drab special edition chinos on clearance. We're down to about 15 units, and it's confusing that it's the only chino which doesn't fit true to size (you have to size down one). They'll go back online tomorrow at 1PM EST for $65 / final sale.

Did I miss this or is it just running late? (please late)

5. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

I have a question about your sizing on the rivet chino's. Are you absolutely sure your 6'2" 170 lb model is wearing a size 30?

The reason I ask is, I bought a size 30 (my true size) and found them to fit well with the leg opening being too big for my liking (still some of the best constructed pants I've ever owned, just the cut I'm talking about). I ended up buying a 29 and the rise was too low - they were definitely too small sized down. Now I'm certain I would be a 30 and just need to have the leg tapered in a bit by a tailor.

Since I'm a size 30 at 5'10" 145 lb, It is hard for me to imagine how someone 3 inches taller than me and 25 lbs heavier could wear the same size so well.

I'm not trying to knock you here or anything like that, if anything I love your clothing and I'm just a bit confused about sizing (wish I lived in NYC, wouldn't have this issue).

Does anyone else here at 6'2" 170 lb wear a size 30? Doesn't that seem small?

Thanks

6. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

I have a question about your sizing on the rivet chino's. Are you absolutely sure your 6'2" 170 lb model is wearing a size 30?

The reason I ask is, I bought a size 30 (my true size) and found them to fit well with the leg opening being too big for my liking (still some of the best constructed pants I've ever owned, just the cut I'm talking about). I ended up buying a 29 and the rise was too low - they were definitely too small sized down. Now I'm certain I would be a 30 and just need to have the leg tapered in a bit by a tailor.

Since I'm a size 30 at 5'10" 145 lb, It is hard for me to imagine how someone 3 inches taller than me and 25 lbs heavier could wear the same size so well.

I'm not trying to knock you here or anything like that, if anything I love your clothing and I'm just a bit confused about sizing (wish I lived in NYC, wouldn't have this issue).

Thanks

I wondered this as well, but the model's waist seems to be slimmer than mine and I am about the same build as you actually and wear a 30. Can't imagin why anyone would size down on these unless they needed a painted on look. Nonetheless, they are TTS. By the way, given Mike's SF Member policy, you can always order two and return one that doesn't fit. I've done that with the greatest of ease, he's great to deal with.

I am having a hard time imaging the leg openings being slimmer though, you must like them reaaaally tapered. I personally think they are fine at the hem as is, but if you like them more tapered sounds like you just need the 30 and have your tailor bring them in more.

7. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member

^^ Yep, I do need a tailor. I think I got used to wearing APC Petit Standard, and other comparable skinny fit jeans with 6.8-7.2 inch leg openings. They are just about .3 inches too big for my liking, but I know I'm in the minority.

It's still hard for me to imagine how someone who seems to be a full size larger than me is wearing the same size I do, but I'll leave it up to Mike to confirm. I guess it's possible his waist is slim, but he carries his weight in muscle elsewhere, thereby filling out the pants a bit better than myself.

I can testify (though for my case I like a slimmer leg opening) that these are some of the greatest constructed (fabric and otherwise) pants I have had and the price can't be beat.

8. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

those OD chinos are by far my favorite pants. such a great deal.

9. stick

stick Senior member

The text for the new chinos seems to be copy pasted from the original chinos, so that size info might not be right. If you look at the original British Khaki rivet chinos it looks like his ass is eating the pants: [​IMG] I'm 6'1" 175-180 lbs and a 33 fits me perfectly.

10. lpounds

lpounds Active Member

Also 6'1 here and about 175 lbs. I wear a 33.

11. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

5'9.5"
    145 lbs.

I wear a 31 in the rivets.

12. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Hello herringbone!

Yeah, wore these to work the other day. They're indecently soft and comfortable. It's like wearing pajamas.

Also adding to the chorus of chino sizing: I'm 6', 145 lbs, and wear a size 31 in them, as with all TTS pants.

To the person who asked about Walt sizing: with that in mind, I wear a size 32 in Walts. I think it's a little better to have some room in the waist to maintain a secure shirt tuck.

13. thebarsmydestination

thebarsmydestination Senior member

Holy hell, I'll jump on some of those olive drabs for 65. Do you have any in 29 - 31 remaining? Did these actually wind up hitting the website? Christmas for me!

Also: I've got about three months' wear on a pair of the old Cone Mills Smiths (three days a week I rock smiths and Thorogoods). They started off beautiful and they're getting criminal.

It's hard to believe I wore APCs before this.

14. mrburnz

mrburnz Well-Known Member

Thanks

i'm 6'2" 175-180, and i wear 33 in epaulet pants

15. Urijah1086

Urijah1086 Senior member

16. racknac

racknac Senior member

6 ft, 170lbs. size 32.

I now have 4 pairs of rivet chinos... already have a new years resolution of limiting myself to 1 item from Epaulet a month... will be tough since I'm moving back to NYC.

17. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

I guess I'm the only one who thought these fit too big in my true waist size? I measure 29, and the 29s I initially got were loose in the seat and thigh. I think the 28s fit me much better, except for the fact that these pants look weird with my shirt tucked in(too low of a rise?). But the fit is like a good pair of denim. I'm about 5'6" and 135lbs. Perhaps I'll throw a photo up later since I plan on wearing them today.

18. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late check-in, things are gonzo here at our stores with last-minute sales. To get back to everyone:

1. Thanks for all the chino orders! We're shipping them out something fierce! I think that you guys are going to really love the new styles.

2. Our chinos run very true to size at the waist. If you can generally wear slimmer jeans & trousers, then they should work brilliantly for you. The best guide is to actually measure a few dimensions on a garment that you already own. Height and weight can be a good place to start, but everyone has different bone structures, muscle size, fat distribution, etc. I'm 5'10", 195lb with a 33 inch waist. Someone could have my same height and weight but be a size 29 waist if he had a huge upper body and and Jersey Shore-style physique.

3. Sorry about jumping the gun on the Olive Drab Chino clearance. Right after I announced that, Adele told me "WTF, we still have to double-check the stock and it's anarchy every day this week."

So, I think that we'll be able to do it next Wednesday. I'll give you guys a 24 hour heads-up.

19. asdf

asdf Senior member

What is the back rise of a size 36 in the rivet chinos, and does anyone have pics of someone wearing a 34 or 36?

Also, Mike, what is the ht/wt/size of the new model? I presume not the same as the other guy.

20. nineohtoo

nineohtoo Senior member

Here's some fit pics for you guys. Sorry they're a little dark, I thought my camera handled dynamic range a little better. I'm 5'6", 135lbs, and my waist measures 29". Rivet Chinos. I was smart and washed these cold the first time to get any shrinking out of em. Had them hemmed to 30". I really love how these fit and feel, and wear them almost all the time when I'm not wearing my work uniform. [​IMG] [​IMG] Smiths. Cone Mills, not Kurabo. I was in a rush to start wearing these so I went and had them hemmed to a 31" to account for an inch in shrinking, but after soak and dry, these ended up a 28.5". It seems to look just fine with some proper shoes, and it looks fine with my boots. These were really loose when I got em in the mail, it didn't feel anything at all like the Rivet Chinos. After the soak, they feel awfully similar minus the higher rise on the Smiths. [​IMG] [​IMG] Any thoughts?