Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for all of the orders today! We're going to work on getting everything fulfilled ASAP. There might the occassional stock-out, but we should have the vast majority of everything that's shown online.

We're still far out on that. Realistically, the first Samuelsohn factory finds would be in August or so for Fall delivery. Tailored clothing factories typically clear out their fabrics twice a year. Samuelsohn has a significantly higher production price than Southwick so any factory finds will be a good deal, but definitely higher priced than what we can offer the Southwick pieces at.

Absolutely. MTO Walts will have three options for the waist: belt loops, side tabs, and brace buttons

I would pass on it. You could probably let it out, but the better scenario would be to take in a size 32.

Thank you sir! You're going to love that jacket!

Side tab Walt, Rudy, and Driggs trousers will be offered via MTO. You can opt for these in any fabric.

And in terms of sportcoats, we'll have a lot of great stuff to choose from!

For Southwick, we're going to stick with the basics: Navy Hopsack Caine & Napoli and a grey Hopsack Caine. These will all tie back to matching trousers. And of course around 50 fabrics for MTO work

Samuelsohn will have three absolutely beautiful jackets to choose from and a full MTO assortment. The Brown Plaid and Loro Piana Hopsack models that we have now are also very Spring/Summer friendly.

We'll launch our collaborative Luigi Bianchi Mantova x Epaulet co-branded collection. It will be a lineup of Italian made soft-shoulder jackets in our exclusive fit. I believe that there's 4 stock styles and also an entire compliment of MTO possibilities.

And we've got a freaking ton of LBM 1911 jackets en-route, including several colors in their cotton-linen (chino-lino) fabrications

From EPLA, we'll have the French Work Jacket (I'll give it a better name that that), which isn't a sportcoat, but could be worn as a casual alternative to one. It will come in Navy & Moss duck canvas, washed and single vented, for $175. Should be here in the next 2-3 weeks.

2. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Did you scrap the chocolate duck version?

3. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

If anything, I'd say ChocDuck is a bit F/W to be a consistently stocked piece.

4. jm22

jm22 Senior member

Does anyone use the duck canvas walt trousers as an alternative to rivet canvas chinos? I want to get a navy duck canvas pant, preferably chino but the rise of the rivet is a bit too tight for me, so I was thinking of getting the walt cut instead. But I'm wondering if the walt cut wouldn't look good with t-shirts and other casual tops.

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Very excited to hear about the Samuelsohn and LBM lineups.

But, can you just invoice me and drop ship a French Work Shirt from the factory in a large? Please... Oh, but then I'm not sure which color to choose... so maybe you'd better wait.

I think I'm unreasonably excited about those.

6. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Will the LBM 1911 be MTO and offer sizes in a US 48 or 50 and also offer long sizes? There has only been one place I've found that infrequently offers LBM 1911 in a 48L.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  7. tricky

tricky Senior member

I know this gets said but I want to echo another amazing customer experience with Mike and Dylan. The EP crew consistently goes above and beyond to help. Many thanks guys!

8. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

Just wanted to comment on shipping to Canada, I've had multiple packages from Epaulet, and have only been taxed once and it was a pretty big package (pants and shoes). My last package was 3 pairs of walts and didn't have to pay anything. the Epaulet guys are also really good with marking down the value of the items (not sure if I'm allowed to say that here :hide:), and personally, I think I've saved quite a bit by paying the $20 flat rate shipping and no taxes :slayer:

9. Epaulet

Yes, we had to for the first run of French Work jackets - the fabric wasn't available. But I'm sure that it will come back in stock and we can run it down the line. I believe that Adele still built in a unit for you though :)

We're working on the Fairfax jean was we speak too - hopefully we can have that ready in 6-8 weeks for the first delivery

Guys here can chime in, but I'm infamous for wearing cotton Rudy trousers with polo shirts every day. I think that they make a brilliant casual piece, especially with the way that duck canvas ages with wear.

Oh sorry to be confusing: LBM 1911 will not be available for MTO.

There's two lines coming from that company. LBM 1911 is their off-the-rack, more casual line where nearly everything is washed and garment dyed. This washing process makes it basically impossible to do individual orders as you need a minimum quantity of pieces to justify the set up prices.

Luigi Bianchi Mantova is made at an entirely separate factory, and is a tailored clothing manufacturer. Like Samuesohn and Corneliani. We created an exclusive fit with them (like we did with Samuelsohn) which will speak very well to the sizing and cut of LBM1911. The pieces are canvassed, tailored jackets which are not washed or dyed. As such, they can be made as single-unit MTO's. The cut is really gorgeous and LBMantova sources some of the most interesting fabrics that I've seen. It's going to be brilliant.

You rarely see LBM 1911's in long sizes because they require retailers to order them a season ahead of time. You'd have to have a ton of demand for longs to commit to stocking them. Unfortunately, we don't have many guys who are interested in them. But we're able to accommodate longs via MTO orders in Samuelsoh, Southwick, and the new Luigi line, so they'll be a huge amount to choose from if you're in the market for a Spring coat.

Haha, I knew that they would be your style! I'm really looking forward to them as well. I'm also happy to say that we placed a bunch of stock orders for EPLA Spring today. Here's what we'll have coming down the pipeline in the next 4 weeks:

Wilshire Jean in White Selvedge, Grey Selvedge, and Indigo Selvedge (restock)
    EPLA Overdyed Oxford in Dark Navy, Dark Smoke, and Olive (planned retail of $110)
    EPLA Enzyme Washed Shirt in Blue Oxford, Speckled Navy Chambray, and Squiggle Camo (Planned retail of $95 on oxford and chambray, $110 on camo)
    EPLA Denim Jacket in Rinsed Cone Mills 14oz Selvedge ($175) and Distressed Cone Mills 14oz Selvedge ($195)
    EPLA Crewneck Tee in four new colors: Natural Indigo, Natural Indigo Bleach Wash, Natural Indigo Black Overdye, and Vintage Black (a.k.a. the washed 80's metal Megadeth black)

We are all crazy jazzed about this new stuff. The denim jacket will blow you guys away - it's freaking perfect. The EPLA shirts have a brilliant fit and will be an incredible value. I'm willing to bet that the OD oxford will be best such item that you've ever laid hands on, because I spent way too much on buying the best oxford cloth I could find (which they told me I'm crazy to dye). Our new $95 EPLA wovens will be very comfortable and a rad, more casual alternative to the shirts we put out with Gitman brothers. And the Crewneck tees will come in this collection of rock and roll indigo finishes. This is going to be killer!

We're making good progress on the hoodie too - which I'm working to make the best hoodie that you've ever seen. Lucky that 7 months of living in LA has made hoodies a much more frequent part of my wardrobe. I went from a hoodie novice to a hoodie expert in now time. This thing is going to be freaking boss.

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Geez. More stuff to be unreasonably excited about. I think I need to take up bird watching or something. Get outside and experience the world.

11. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Fuck, I had a feeling spring was going to be insane with all this new EPLA stuff...

When is that EPLA distressed denim western shirt due in? Also, any chance of a restock of the Caramel Double Monk?

12. Epaulet

Thanks guys!

Ah yes, I left that out. We'll get both a distressed Western and distressed Engineer shirt in. Should be here in the next 4-6 weeks along with the other stuff in the list. And Caramel & Chocolate double monk is due 2nd week of February.

13. katabatic

katabatic Senior member

Holy crap, 2014 is going to be amazeballs. Gird your wallets!

14. Epaulet

Oh, forgot to mention that we just received three Eisenhower jackets in off-price skins.

I've got a Loden suede and Espresso suede for $695. And an absolutely unbelievable American deerskin for $845. In a natural undyed color, just waiting to develop the sharpest patina known to man.

Oh, and the Bartlett double rider in dark brown. Which is bonkers. We'll get on shooting all of this stuff tomorrow!

15. mothball

mothball Senior member

You're killin' me, man.