1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Abecedarian

Abecedarian Senior Member

2. applky

applky Distinguished Member

This is all great news.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014

3. beez

beez Senior Member

The touch of fur is a little unfortunate. I wonder if there'd be any way to use some other sort of animal product (like deer? not entirely educated on this topic) in this type of garment, where at least there's some hope for the consumer that the entire animal was used.

4. beez

beez Senior Member

Got my Epaulet camo corduroy shirt the other day. The only thing better than the fact that I love it is that my wife thinks it's obnoxious. :)

Overall, the fit on the Epaulet shirts is perfect on me.

5. Pastor

Pastor Senior Member

Sure, I got them from Epaulet last year. Mike did two runs as a group MTO. Black Balmoral Boots in scotch grain leather on the forest last. These have become my winter boots when dressing up (which is usually everyday). I wear them with suits and any black or gray slacks.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I think you have to be at least 6' plus for this to work...for shorter than that, a single reverse pleat is the most I would do...it just serves to elongate your legs (as its usually in conjunction with a higher rise trouser) which tends to make guys smaller than 6 look like they have no torso at all. Couple of days ago in the thaw (35 degrees) Epaulet Laces and Oxford Cloth Shirt [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

Wearing my Shetland cardigan for the first time. I'm a solid medium and 38R in Epaulet but the medium was quite small and large is more lined up to medium IMO. Don't think it's available anymore anyways.

Question though...it comes with a tag that says to hand wash it "frequently." How come?

I would only wear it to work and on top of a button down so I can't imagine it getting too dirty. My typical sweater approach is to dry clean once (maybe twice) per season.

8. tricky

Btw, awesome fit as always Rob.

9. applky

Which Shetland cardigan are you talking about? I have several -- one of which I've had for 2+ years -- and, like you, I dry clean once in a blue moon and it's turned out fine.

10. tricky

It's the "Epaulet Shetland Cardigan French Blue Marl."

Glad to hear it doesn't have to be hand washed and triple rinsed!! I'm really anal about my clothes...but not sure I could commit to that :)

11. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Interesting point. It would definitely be a consideration for me; I already have a short torso and extremely long legs, so I don't need anything that accentuates that. The rise on the Walt is about as high as I ever would want to go. Still though, if we could get the double reverse pleat without the high rise like the Connery look above, maybe then it would work?

13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

EPLA western shirt and plum tee and heavyweight RC:

[​IMG]

14. applky

Yeah I have the Black Grape Marl and have had it for 2.5 years or so (from whenever they introduced it). I've dry cleaned it maybe once and it looks practically new. One time when I walked into the store with it on, James briefly thought I had picked a new one out from the display to buy. It's a hearty piece. You should get a lot of wear out of it.

15. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Awesome, glad that you dig it!

Hmm, you can definitely ignore that.

I rarely ever clean my sweaters. Unless you actually spill something on it, they stay pretty clean. I'll typically dry clean them once or maximum twice a season.

You can hand-wash pure wool, but it's kind of a pain in the ass and you need to block it out for proper drying. I'd just recommend to dry clean it and do what you always do - it's a long-wearing piece that you don't have to baby.

I'm really looking forward to how that shirt ages