• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got back from Boston last night, last week was pretty cold. When I got to Boston it was 0F and windy, during the week houses burnt because of frozen hydrants, schools were closed because it only took 5 min. to freeze exposed skin. Yesterday was a lot warmer, when I left it was 18F with a wind chill of 3F and starting to snow, seemed pretty nice.

I was so happy I had the Snorkel Parka and the Heavy Walt Tweeds, I was rather impressed. Had some Thinsulate gloves, had to keep my hands in my pockets after about 15 minutes. Wore thermals my heavy tweeds, a shirt and tee shirt and some wool socks & AE shoes, was not bad at all. When the wind would gust I could feel it a little on my legs. Went out site seeing, walking around for about 2 hours, wasn't cold at all when I got back to my Hotel. I thought this parka was rather light when I got it, but it said it was to military spec.... it was awesome at -20F.

I'd like to thank all of you that helped me find these tweeds (and this store), just what I needed, SF Rocks!
My manager commented on my Walt Tweeds and asked me where I got them....

Sean

Wow -20F? Impressive.

Which tweed Walts did you wind up going with?

Last edited:

SeanMarcellus

Reaction score
Slim Walt Trouser Grey Herringbone UK Tweed are the ones I took to Boston, I just ordered some of the Olive Tree before I left, can't wait. I wanted to order the heavy wool & cashmere but they ran out of fabric.

Just got an email form my manager "These are excellent clothes - thank you for the link!"

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry for the spam...something came up and I need some quick dough, so I'm reluctantly offering my two FF jackets (40S) and a few Carminas (8.5UK)if anyone missed out and wants. No alterations on the jackets, they're barely worn (twice each I think) and they're sick. Shoes are also very gently worn.

If this is a problem I'll delete, just though some guys here might want to know these were available.

Onto the good stuff, those distressed denims look awesome...hope to be able to snag one once they're out if things settle down here!

JVK1

Reaction score
Will the grey and black denim be available in a Rudy cut upon release?

altmana

Reaction score

I'm totally open for the third color. We've been tossing around olive or forest green. But since we're dyeing these, we can really make any color. For you OD oxford fans, is there a color you were always hoping to get but couldn't track down? I'm kind of leaning towards a teal jewel tone, something really rad for Spring/Summer.

I'd vote for in your face orange, akin to the Blaze twill walts.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Sorry for the spam...something came up and I need some quick dough, so I'm reluctantly offering my two FF jackets (40S) and a few Carminas (8.5UK)if anyone missed out and wants. No alterations on the jackets, they're barely worn (twice each I think) and they're sick. Shoes are also very gently worn.

If this is a problem I'll delete, just though some guys here might want to know these were available.

Onto the good stuff, those distressed denims look awesome...hope to be able to snag one once they're out if things settle down here!

Hear hear! Rob is as legit as it comes, and he's got a boss collection of Carmina up for sale. If you're an 8.5UK, then you should definitely check it out!

absolutely need that distressed western shirt. like instacop. like preinsta instacop. whens the ETA for that???

Glad that you dig it! ETA is pretty soon, about 3-4 weeks. We'll run the Engineer shirt with the same treatment.

Got back from Boston last night, last week was pretty cold. When I got to Boston it was 0F and windy, during the week houses burnt because of frozen hydrants, schools were closed because it only took 5 min. to freeze exposed skin. Yesterday was a lot warmer, when I left it was 18F with a wind chill of 3F and starting to snow, seemed pretty nice.

I was so happy I had the Snorkel Parka and the Heavy Walt Tweeds, I was rather impressed. Had some Thinsulate gloves, had to keep my hands in my pockets after about 15 minutes. Wore thermals my heavy tweeds, a shirt and tee shirt and some wool socks & AE shoes, was not bad at all. When the wind would gust I could feel it a little on my legs. Went out site seeing, walking around for about 2 hours, wasn't cold at all when I got back to my Hotel. I thought this parka was rather light when I got it, but it said it was to military spec.... it was awesome at -20F.

I'd like to thank all of you that helped me find these tweeds (and this store), just what I needed, SF Rocks!
My manager commented on my Walt Tweeds and asked me where I got them....

Sean

Thank you sir! We appreciate all of the kind words and it's great to hear that you're so pleased.

Will the grey and black denim be available in a Rudy cut upon release?

Unfortunately no. New pattern work - especially for a jean... and especially when you're a demanding pain ********** about fit like I am - takes some time. We started in earnest back in December, so we're still in the first fit trial. I'd peg the Fairfax for end of February, and I'll launch it just in basic indigo to make sure that it works well for everyone. But it's on the calendar!

For the OD shirt: perhaps a plum colour?

Good call! Plum would be fantastic

That OD oxford looks killer! I tend to dress somewhere between business casual and actual casual in my personal AND work life (usually chinos/jeans and an untucked button down collar shirt), so these will be perfect with my wardrobe. Don't get me wrong, the standard EPNY offerings are awesome, but these new EPLA oxfords are right up my alley!

Excellent - glad that you dig it! We're planning to run some biz-caz fabrics like gingham and white/blue oxford as well, so you might find even more options there.

Interested to see how this plays out...I'm guessing it has something to do with what Mike said before about how they will start carrying stock in-store of mostly basics, and pretty much everything else for Rudys (and Walts) will be cut special order.

We're planning the MTO Trouser roll-out for next week (this week will be MTO Gitman shirts).

For the trousers, we sat down at the factory and hammered out a system where we can allow a large degree of customization. You'll be able to choose a bunch of details:

1) Walt, Rudy, or Driggs Fit
2) Several different closures (extended tab, extended tab with button, simple button-through, no button closure)
3) Belt loops, side tabs, or suspender buttons
4) Rear besom or flap pockets. Flap can be on the left, right, or both
5) Coin pocket or no. Coin pocket can be button-through as well
6) Zip fly or button fly
7) Different button choices and different waistband liner choices
8) Finished hem at specific inseam length

The factory is passing along an upcharge for this work, so MTO trousers from here on in will have to carry a $30 surcharge. But since they'll arrive finished and hemmed, that should knock out about $10-$15 in cost for most guys, so it's hopefully not too bad. And as I mentioned, we'll have about 50-70 fabrics to choose from with a mixture of basics, premiums, wacko colors and patterns that we could never stock, and limited run specials (like the wool-mink-cash).

We'll still stock quite a few trousers, and you can expect us to have something like 25 fabrics in our in-stock line this season. So we're not abandoning that at all. This system is just a way for us to offer a lot more and allow you guys to customize the trousers as you like. It's proved so successful with the Rivet Chinos that we're really excited to launch it for the trousers too.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Distressed shirt will hopefully make me less sad about VISVIM supposedly making single digit numbers of the damaged 4 corners shirt in my size.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty stoked about the tons of new trousers coming out.

Will we be able to see actual examples of each of the trousers made up? or will these be seen as just swatches?

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hear hear! Rob is as legit as it comes, and he's got a boss collection of Carmina up for sale. If you're an 8.5UK, then you should definitely check it out!
Glad that you dig it! ETA is pretty soon, about 3-4 weeks. We'll run the Engineer shirt with the same treatment.
Thank you sir! We appreciate all of the kind words and it's great to hear that you're so pleased.
Unfortunately no. New pattern work - especially for a jean... and especially when you're a demanding pain ********** about fit like I am - takes some time. We started in earnest back in December, so we're still in the first fit trial. I'd peg the Fairfax for end of February, and I'll launch it just in basic indigo to make sure that it works well for everyone. But it's on the calendar!
Good call! Plum would be fantastic
Excellent - glad that you dig it! We're planning to run some biz-caz fabrics like gingham and white/blue oxford as well, so you might find even more options there.
We're planning the MTO Trouser roll-out for next week (this week will be MTO Gitman shirts).

For the trousers, we sat down at the factory and hammered out a system where we can allow a large degree of customization. You'll be able to choose a bunch of details:

1) Walt, Rudy, or Driggs Fit
2) Several different closures (extended tab, extended tab with button, simple button-through, no button closure)
3) Belt loops, side tabs, or suspender buttons
4) Rear besom or flap pockets. Flap can be on the left, right, or both
5) Coin pocket or no. Coin pocket can be button-through as well
6) Zip fly or button fly
7) Different button choices and different waistband liner choices
8) Finished hem at specific inseam length

The factory is passing along an upcharge for this work, so MTO trousers from here on in will have to carry a $30 surcharge. But since they'll arrive finished and hemmed, that should knock out about $10-$15 in cost for most guys, so it's hopefully not too bad. And as I mentioned, we'll have about 50-70 fabrics to choose from with a mixture of basics, premiums, wacko colors and patterns that we could never stock, and limited run specials (like the wool-mink-cash).

We'll still stock quite a few trousers, and you can expect us to have something like 25 fabrics in our in-stock line this season. So we're not abandoning that at all. This system is just a way for us to offer a lot more and allow you guys to customize the trousers as you like. It's proved so successful with the Rivet Chinos that we're really excited to launch it for the trousers too.

Mike - With respect to the finished hem on the MTO trousers, how much (if any) extra fabric will be left in case someone had to "let out" a little more?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sure you could just leave it I hemmed or have the inseam be extra long and hem it yourself.

Reveille

Reaction score
Mike, excited about the new trouser program on the way. Question, will you also have this available for Rivets? Meaning, will you have a similar MTO program with additional new spring fabrics?

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads