Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Reginald Bartholomew

Reginald Bartholomew Senior member

Anyone have fit pics of Walts worn uncreased/rumpled? As much as I love Rivets as a casual option, I find the rise is too low for about half the things I wear spring/summer.

2. slugworth

slugworth Member

They have been worn ~30 times and think this has developed over time. They have also been washed numerous times which would make tailoring a bit to visible.

They sit really low at the moment so will shift the button and wear then a bit higher. If that doesn't work I will size up for future purchases.

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

[​IMG]

Like this? I really only wear cotton Walts uncreased and some have posited that I have a wrinkle machine that my clothes pass through, so I am with you. I too like the rise of the Walts.

4. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Waiting to head out for supper... Sipping on some Kings County bourbon with the autumn speckle rivets. Thanks NYI!! [​IMG]

5. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I have those pants, and it looks like I have the same glass you are drinking from although this evening I'm pouring something else in it, Balvenie Tun 1401 Batch No. 9. Good stuff.

6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

so mad i missed out on the autumn speckle...

if anyone is selling a 32 or 33...... I'm here.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  7. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

@oisin, did you appear on an episode of Diners Drive-Ins and Dives? It was a burger/sandwich place.

8. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

This is a very valid question!

I somewhat think of a denim jacket as the navy blazer of a casual wardrobe. You can wear it with just about anything. Matching a dark jacket with dark jeans definitely isn't for everyone, but the beautiful thing about denim is how it ages and fades. If you wear a dark denim jacket for a month or two, and especially if you wash it on occasion, I think you'll be able to wear it pretty damn well with raw/dark jeans.

I think denim jackets look awesome when worn with things like the fatigue Rivet Chino or even the navy canvas Smith jean. I think it's a killer smart-casual look with some of the Donegal and flannel Walt trousers and, say, the Alden Taunton boot. Really, there's not much in the casual realm that DOESN'T look good with it. Outside of something that looks like the exact same color of blue, the world is your oyster.

Don't even get me started with the white denim combo.

9. oisin

oisin Senior member

Haha yup. That's my buddy Jason's place, Golden State. One of the best burgers in LA (and conveniently located a short walk from where I live).

10. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

11. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

Does anyone have the Oatmeal Harris Tweed made up into a sport coat? If so, do you have photos? I could swear that someone had posted it. Trying to decide if it's dark enough for my liking once made up...

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Ah, FrankCowerperwood used that fabric to make the immortal Harris Tweed DB!
    Man, those chinos look so boss. Love the shoes too!
    No, the OD will have tonal stitching. The one-wash will have contrast stitching, same as the Wilshire jean. You'll really see it there The distressed will have the same stitching, but it will be toned down from the stone-washing treatment. The OD will be dyed a totally solid black. The stitching will have a tiny bit of contrast as it won't take the dye completely, but it will largely look solid black. But we're going to use a natural dye for the OD process, so it will be less color-fast over the long term than a synthetic. As you wash and wear the OD jacket, the black will slowly fade to reveal the blue underneath. This will be the same scenario for the Black OD Wilshire jeans, slated for February. Although I need to point out that jackets fade much more slowly than jeans, so you'd need to wash and wear it quite a bit to see that. But since this thing is going to fit and feel perfect, that shouldn't be an issue :)
    That heavyweight Nihon Menpu denim is freaking bananas. It's going to fade beautifully. It's harder to fade a shirt/jacket than it is to fade jeans because you put a lot less stress on that garment, but it will fade with wear. It's pretty much going to fade on its own, so I wouldn't worry about any special treatment. Just never, ever, put it in a dryer. That will fade the color out in a really ugly, no-contrast way. And the initial rinse should get the majority of the excess indigo out, but as it's still a natural dye, there can still be some additional transfer until it's washed a few more times. I wouldn't stress about it - unless you have a white leather couch or you're wearing the jeans with very light colored shoes - but running it through a second or third wash should knock out whatever transfer might remain.
    Neither unfortunately, they're on the way back to Southwick. We only had them in hand for a few days - I had posted the heads-up on it last week. But feel free to give me a call here at the SM store until 7PM EST (424) 268-4095. I picked out all of the final swatches personally, so I can give you a lot of extra info on them.
    Fits you great!
    Very nice guy, and yes Spoo is totally legit. If he's carrying anything that says Epaulet, you can trust that its authentic. Same goes for all of the other brands that he sells.
    Nope, the Noragi is being developed at the same time. We're angling for an end Feb release on that.
    Oh absolutely. I wear this all of the time. Got on a navy cotton LBM SB with grey merino wool trousers today

13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Here's a shot (which actually also covers the rumpled Walts worn without crease territory again):

[​IMG]

And another closeup where it doesn't show quite so grey. It's definitely a nice brown color. I don't know if I'd call it very dark though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  14. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

Thanks for the photos! I don't think it is quite as dark as I might like and there are others on my list that I'd prefer instead.

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

[​IMG]

Rust Wool Rivets for an evening out. Love the rivet cut - probably my favorite pants.