1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

We need an EddieMcZee sport coat stamp of approval emoji.

Then we could all just slap one in our quotes of home runs like macjedi's jacket.

Who develops these things?

2. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

[​IMG]

Trainers posted on insta

2 people like this.
  3. Albrecht

Albrecht Member

Mike: Please see emails and/or PM about missing invoice for your latest combined shipment to me. It's kind of urgent, the storage period at Norwegian Customs while waiting for documentation is quite short, then they return to sender.

4. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

Friends, my eyes were bigger than my wallet and I got in on the shell sneaker pre-order size 8.5 in cigar, oxblood and navy.
    I'm going to sell 2 of the 3 , most likely I'll keep the navy (and maybe cigar ;) but PM if interested.
    Also up for trading (like small navy spec fisherman sweater?).
    [​IMG]

5. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

6. intensanity

intensanity Senior member

Damn would jump on those Cigars if they were 9s.

7. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

we should talk through PM. Cigar size 9.;)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  8. Badandy

Badandy Senior member

What I'd give for a reasonably priced epaulet crewneck knit sweater...

(you know, just throwing that out there)

9. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

Like the lambswool ones there now...?

10. FrankCowperwood

Speaking of sweaters is this the lovat color? I really like that one.

11. Badandy

Badandy Senior member

12. beez

beez Senior member

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

When it comes to trouser alterations, I'd say that there's two key considerations:

1) Leg alterations are generally more difficult and expensive than waist & seat alterations. So if you're between sizes, then it's often best to go with the leg fit that works better. If you like the leg fit of the 33 but you need the waist of the 34, then buy the 33 and let it out. Or vice-versa.

2) If the leg fit is okay on both sizes but something like your waist or seat is the issue, then if possible, go up a size and have a tailor take it in.

For CPaul specifically - I'd suggest buying both the 33 and the 34 if you can. Check them out in person so that you can compare and contrast the two fits. And you can certainly feel free to email us pics for advice.

[​IMG]

This is freaking mind blowing. What a great combo!

For the Chromexcel belts, I don't typically advise to size down, but you certainly can.

Single-piece, full grain leather belts will often stretch with wear. They're also stronger because you're dealing with just a single, thick piece of skin. You won't get much stretch at all on the suede belt because that's stitched onto a veg tan liner, and two part belts tend to hold their shape more.

The CXL belt stretch depends on how tightly you wear it and where your trousers/jeans sit on your waist, so some customers will experience more stretch than others. A properly fit belt is going to fit in the middle of its sizing range, so you usually just move to the next hole as it gets a little bigger. I haven't heard any issues of belts stretching so much that they're too big to easily wear. But if you own one of our belts already and you see the stretch that you get, just measure it out and see where it would fall if it was 2" shorter. You can then decide to size down or not with a subsequent piece.

For the Heirloom Sweaters, that British Lambwool is on the coarser side when it's new. It's certainly not as soft as our Scottish sweaters. But it's best to think of this like raw denim, or Harris Tweed, or a new pair of boots. It's designed to break in and soften with wear. It's never going to feel like cashmere, but it will naturally pick up oils with wear and soften up quite a bit. This texture is also what gives it such a long wearing life, and allows it to keep its shape while maintaining such an open knit.

It can be hand-washed, but be advised - this will probably bring back the original coarseness, as you'll wash the oils out. It will shrink it up a bit too. Just google how to hand-wash a handknit sweater and block it out while drying.

Thank you sir! We packed them up today.

I'd advise picking up both a 34 and 36 belt if that's realistic. If not, go for the 36.

14. BumsFan

BumsFan Member

I appreciate the response.

15. AloysiusSF

AloysiusSF Senior member

Mike - thank you for the advice/feedback on the CXL belts and Heirloom! Very useful info, and much appreciated.

16. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Anyone have pics of the Italian calfskin gloves in action?

17. FrankCowperwood

This is from last year. Breaking these out shortly as it is now certainly glove weather.

The leather on these is really nice. It's extremely supple and it has a nice finish to it. I personally like the green lining on this color (not sure if it's the same for all).

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

I am dying for a pair of gloves but my monster mitts are way to big for the large size. :brick:

19. tifosi

tifosi Senior member

Bespoke......

20. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

This. My hands are too small for a 7.5, so I have a custom pair from Kent Wang (which is in turn Chester Jeffries, I believe).