• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kwanon

Reaction score
I'd love a dark purple one, but that might be a tough sell early on. But dark forest - hell yes. Bordeaux is a great color too. That might be the best pop tone to run alongside the basics for the first run. A really deep bordeaux that jives nicely with denim.
Yes, please

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Will there be an MTO program with Samuelsohn too? Not to derail the Southwick FF fun...

And you mentioned those white EPLA jeans. Get them in in the first half of February so I can buy a pair for a vacation... :)

Same thoughts here...

forsan

Reaction score
A noragi inspired piece?! The more adventurous side of my style is screaming!
drool.gif

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so much temptation with all these ff swatches.

can't decide between the grey-red heathered check, navy wool-cash check, or the blackwatch

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

A noragi inspired piece?! The more adventurous side of my style is screaming! :drool:

Haha me too!

It's been really exciting designing the EPLA line. We're taking New York in a really nice direction this year with more makers and MTO programs, and the LA line allows us to be more directional. When Matt first showed me the Noragi, I thought that it was really fresh, but "how the hell do I wear it" came into my mind. So we cooked up some modifications to make it a bit more wearable and practical, while still retaining the interest of the original style. I think that you guys will dig it!

Epaulet,

The Loden green Alt Wiens in the new arrivals section (http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/loden-shell-cordovan-alt-wien) have TWO "Sizes" menus. One shows a full size range, and one shows only 3 sizes -- which one is right?

Oh yes, sorry about that - it was a copy and paste error. I'll get the correct Alt Wien sizing up later this evening.

Thanks for the breakdown Mike, I'm definitely leaning towards the blue vs the navy, my work is very casual and I just think I'd get more wear out of the lighter shade of blue. It has more of a % of cotton too so in my mind that will make it lighter/breathe better here in the summer.

Also, yes to black!
nod%5B1%5D.gif

Cool! I personally prefer the blue - it will stand out nicely, and many guys use Factory Finds as a way to experiment with something a little more unique. It's a gorgeous fabric.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice! And bravo for wearing that today. The weather outside is making me want to design an EPLA x Glenn Danzig mesh tank top. How the hell is it so hot in January?

Welcome to your first Cali winter during a drought! (Remember this when/if the next El Niño year is upon us.)

Last edited:

aldenfan

Reaction score
Mike, do you have the size measurements for a 48 XLONG FF jacket? I'm particularly interested in the shoulder, chest, and sleeve.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When Matt first showed me the Noragi, I thought that it was really fresh, but "how the hell do I wear it" came into my mind. So we cooked up some modifications to make it a bit more wearable and practical, while still retaining the interest of the original style. I think that you guys will dig it!

Chalk up one more 'interested' for this. The olive moleskin jacket from last year was underrated I think--it's one of my more worn Ep pieces. Will be good to have an alternative piece.

When you mentioned anything in the Pantone book--I would be down for something pretty bright, '**** off' category color from Pantone--hoodie. Maybe after you make up some basics and get it marinating in some heads.

Scottish light tatt! :slayer:

Last edited:

Louys

Reaction score
You know, looking at pictures of a noragi makes a lot of sense of all the Asians where I am who always wear unbuttoned cardigans. I see what they're going for now and I like it.

zinc2162

Reaction score
I can't decide whether to go with the Navy Cashmere Flannel or the Herringbone Windowpane...

And that Cognac boots are stunning. One question though, can I dress up with these boots? I am wondering if the commando sole will throw things off a bit.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I can't decide whether to go with the Navy Cashmere Flannel or the Herringbone Windowpane...

And that Cognac boots are stunning. One question though, can I dress up with these boots? I am wondering if the commando sole will throw things off a bit.

Tough choice on those two! Both of them are great.

For the Cognac boots, the overall style is fairly rugged. If you dress them up, then they would be best matched with thicker fabrics like flannel and tweed. They would be brilliant with that.

Mike, do you have the size measurements for a 48 XLONG FF jacket? I'm particularly interested in the shoulder, chest, and sleeve.

I don't have a 48XLong to measure, but the scaling is done on a CAD system, so you can expect that it will move out in predictable intervals from the largest size in our measurements. If you like, drop an email to matt[at]epauletnewyork.com, and he can personally assist you with sizing.

By the way, who won the EP contest? 

We have to still do the voting - I haven't forgot! We'll get it rolling next week.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Here's a quick fit shot of the Snorkel Parka in action during the infamous "Polar Vortex." My jacket is from last year, and both Logan and Jim picked up their Sage parkas this season.

I know that it's hard to believe but we actually did most of our drinking AFTER this photo was taken.

forsan

Reaction score
Just got word that I might be going to New York in a couple weeks for work. Maybe I'll finally be able to get fitted after all!

You guys were closed last time I was back in LA for the holidays. I'm feeling lucky this time! Got my eye on those Factory Finds.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads