Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. applky

applky Senior member

QFT. Beatlegeuse you probably can't go wrong either way but I'm with SVB on this one.

Sweet, thanks. Ordered. SC + white pants + snuff suede Carmina fit pic available at your request.

Also Mike true re black coming back around. At least in NYC, every slim under-35 guy seems to have gotten a pair of skinny black jeans in the last 6-9 months (including me, if you count deep black-indigo). Less sure about a black SC, though. I've been convinced by Epaulet before.

2. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

None more.

3. applky

applky Senior member

Another question, Mike: For this spring's LBM, will you be offering anything like that open weave blue chambray that's in the sale section? I'd buy that one but you're sold out of 46/36.

4. scottcw

scottcw Senior member

The FF jackets have me questioning my MTO wool-cash-mink considering I could pick up 2 for the price of the 1, but... mink.

5. applky

applky Senior member

The fit that launched a thousand posts (in the MC casual thread)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  6. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

Navy Wool-Cotton-Cashmere ordered... how long will this round be running (other than the 23rd where everyone else gets dibs)?

Also, the chocolate POW check - it looks more like a copper than a brown, or is it my monitor?

Ordered 4 from the last run, thinking of another couple on this run..... Great offerings this time around!

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

I'd love a dark purple one, but that might be a tough sell early on. But dark forest - hell yes. Bordeaux is a great color too. That might be the best pop tone to run alongside the basics for the first run. A really deep bordeaux that jives nicely with denim.

I think that you guys will be really delighted with the pricing of our LA line across the board. The styling is going to stay very clean as well. I'll keep you posted with our status on this.

We're also starting development of Matt's baby this week: the Epaulet washed denim Japanese work shirt. It will be kind of like a noragi and a denim cardigan had a child. A cool piece that we aim to make very wearable.

Yes, it's a very subtle olive. Hard as hell to capture in scans or photos. Depending on the light it can read as a grey-ish brown, but the yarn itself has an olive tone.

8. Irish

Irish Senior member

Love the grey/blue hbone, but how magenta-y is the magenta? Too different to be a staple?

9. JilSlander

JilSlander Senior member

Awesome, Epaulet is crushing it.

Any sample pic/s?

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Noragi. Had look that up. I'm learning!

Once again I find myself interested in something I never knew existed. Thanks Matt!

I take it this is in addition to the work jacket we've seen samples of?

Also the final photo of that navy jacket series above is one of the finest street style shots I've seen.

11. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

FFs are outstanding. But I notice that this one hasn't been mentioned yet:

[​IMG]

12. Epaulet

Yes, we've definitely got something in that vein coming in

Haha, no you made the right call. Wool-Cash-Mink was a once in a lifetime opportunity. That's going to be one of the boss-est suits ever seen.

We'll be able to maintain all of the swatches until the 23rd and guarantee that orders placed by that point will be made. After that, we may be able to accept additional orders, but the fabric will be subject to availability, and we'll have to call things case by case.

Chocolate POW check is kind of in-between copper and brown. It's in that brown-ish family.

13. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Mike--

Know you have been busy with the FF shirts & sport coats, but was wondering if you heard back from the Cramerton cloth supplier. Also, any updates on the undershirt project?

14. Epaulet

Haha, as did I. After I saw it, I recognized it as a Japanese workwear piece.

We're planning to do it in the same Nihon Menpu denim as the Western/Engineer shirt. It will be long sleeve, flat bottom, similar fit to the shirt. Blind button so that you can close the front, and hidden on-seam slash pockets to keep your hands. We'll keep that noragi look, but add some function too so it will be easier to wear. We'll post up sample shots when they come in.

Good call. That's the choice pick of the Wool-Cash for sure.

We just started on it, but I'll post up development pics as we get them.

It's definitely visible. I would call this a speciality jacket over a staple. The true staple of the Cashmere collection is the solid navy flannel, which we're selling pretty fast.

I'm a big fan of this though. I think that this pattern is very wearable and the fabric is unbelievably choice. It will make up a into a really cool and special item.

15. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

Thanks for the breakdown Mike, I'm definitely leaning towards the blue vs the navy, my work is very casual and I just think I'd get more wear out of the lighter shade of blue. It has more of a % of cotton too so in my mind that will make it lighter/breathe better here in the summer.

Also, yes to black! [​IMG]