Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Herringbone windowpane and grey-red heather check are the two I am looking at. I guess I picked wisely [​IMG]

2. Louys

Louys Senior member

On the site: "The runaway success of last season's Factory Finds..."

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yes, that is the exact same fabric as the last run. I'll ask Matt to post up some fit pics of it - his suit is still going strong! So, in terms of trousers, we're not at the point where Southwick can make a Walt trouser. We had hoped that they would be and we made a handful of trousers with the last round, but it ended up pretty problematic. The sizing just wasn't correct - and I'm not able to buy the cloth and have the pants made outside of Southwick. So we have to stick with offering only sportcoats in these fabrics. But that said, I'm working like hell to get that pattern fixed at Southwick. So we may be able to deliver trousers later in the season, and even run Trouser factory finds with them at some point. Most of these fabrics could be easily made into pants as well.
    Thank you sir! You're going to love that cloth, it makes up brilliantly.
    I've had a lot of calls from first-time sportcoat guys. If you don't ordinarily wear them, then go for Harris Tweed or Cashmere. Harris Tweed can be an outerwear piece and is easy to wear with denim and more casual looks. Lasts forever too. 100% Cashmere is just luxe as hell. And a really incredible price in this promotion. Especially that "S" range Scottish windowpane cashmere. It's a great fabric that's just bold enough to be special but will still be very wearable.
    Love it!
    Olive POW is going to look pretty solid from a few steps away. That pattern is tonal and very subtle. Herringbone Windowpane Cash will mostly read as a greyish-blue jacket, but the windowpane will give it some extra interest.
    Grey-Ice POW is really wearable. If you want to try just one jacket and you've already got the navy jacket covered, then go for that. Wear it with a white shirt and navy or khaki trousers and you're good to go. I think that Grey POW coats are some of the most versatile things out there. Grey-Red Check is very cool too, especially with its heathered finish. But I'd go for a cashmere over everything else. There's no stopping the Navy Cash Flannel.
    Nice! And bravo for wearing that today. The weather outside is making me want to design an EPLA x Glenn Danzig mesh tank top. How the hell is it so hot in January?
    Navy Wool Cotton-Cash is very basic. Kind of a lightweight version of our Navy Hopsack wool. It's easy and can be very conservative if need be. Most guys would opt for that. If you already have a dark navy coat or you don't typically need to dress up that much, then the Blue one is more unique and will stand out. Still very wearable, just brighter in color.
    Just that photo. But all of these actually ARE natural light. My apt building in Santa Monica has a bizarre Melrose Place-style interior courtyard which no one ever uses, but has a perfect grey tile floor and soft, diffused light. It's actually an ideal place to shoot fabric swatches. So the colors are very true on these swatches.
    Navy Pique Cash is pretty lightweight. It's a great option for a warmer climate, or to wear cashmere further into the Spring and earlier in the Fall. It's got a gorgeous hand. It's not going to be as sturdy as the heavier flannels and such. But that's also part of the deal with woven Cashmere jackets. It's a true luxury fiber (coming from a proper European mill) so it will be less durable and knockaround than a lambswool or tweed. You'll want to hang it nicely in the closet. Fold it softly. Don't wear it in the rain. Don't wear it everyday. All of that good stuff.

4. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Will there be an MTO program with Samuelsohn too? Not to derail the Southwick FF fun...

And you mentioned those white EPLA jeans. Get them in in the first half of February so I can buy a pair for a vacation... :)

5. tricky

tricky Senior member

Not sure if I missed this but when is the MTO shirt program rolling out, and will it allow for customization of neck size and body length?

Also, is there a date lined up for the EPLA hoodies?

Not impatient...just curious.

Also trying to stop myself from ordering another FF sportcoat today....not easy!

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

We're such ingrates. [​IMG]

Mike rolls out all these great FF jackets and we're like: What else ya got?

7. Epaulet

Absolutely. We'll have MTO out the ying-yang this year, with:

Samuelsohn (suits and jackets)
    Southwick (jackets, suits to come)
    Luigi Bianchi Mantova x Epaulet (jackets)
    Gitman (shirts)
    Trousers
    Vass and Carmina (shoes)
    Rivet Chinos

I'm working towards MTO options for our denim as well. That's a longer term project, but it may be possible down the road. It would largely be customized details (buttons, leather patch, longer-shorter inseams, pocket designs, bartacks, etc).

And I'm definitely trying to develop an MTO program for leather jackets as well.

Unfortunately the Gitman shirt MTO program will only allow for sleeve length to be customized in terms of fit changes. You can do all sorts of things with collar sizes, pockets, buttons, fabrics, monograms, etc.

EPLA Hoodie pattern work is going through right now. I'm taking my time with this to get everything dialed in. I've got great fabric, really good production (the best that I could find in the States) and a very fair price. We're nailing down the fit and the exact wash. I'm working on making the best hoodie that we've ever seen, as I think that we can really run with that item and produce it in a ton of variants.

Nice choice on the Frosty Houndstooth! You've got a pretty boss collection of sportcoats already, so if I was to suggest something for you it would be Black Cashmere flannel.

I feel that menswear is coming around once again to black as a color, and we're going to produce more and more items in black. Black tees, jeans, trousers, shoes. I'm working on black suit separates. I think doing a Black cash jacket with oxford grey trousers, white shirt, and black boots will be a very cool look for Fall '14.

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

What hoodie colors will there be?

9. Epaulet

I'm totally open to suggestions. We'd surely go live with Black, Grey, and Navy. Any other colors that you guys are really interested in? We could make anything in the Pantone book.

It will be a high-zip neck design with angled slash patch pockets that will hold things without them falling out. Hoping to get the price exactly at $110 with the best quality fleece we can muster.

After the basics are out, we can play with things like natural indigo dyes, indigo with overdyes, distressed wash-outs, etc.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014

10. tricky

tricky Senior member

Thanks Mike!

Black???? Ohhhh I dunno...

11. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

12. stevent

stevent Senior member

Damn that pricing is ridiculously cheap. Any chance of a dark forest / loden green or dark purple / beaudoux color?

13. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Would love a Bordeaux as well. Been looking for a piece in that color for a minute

14. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I'm assuming Samuelsohn prices are > than Southwick?

And is the olive PoW actually olive toned? Because the swatch looks more dark grey

15. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

To sing the praises of the Navy Wool/Cotton/Cashmere would be endless. It really is my most worn jacket:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]