1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior Member

Walt mocha flannel today. [​IMG]

2. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior Member

Good looking mochas

3. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior Member

Thank you sir! [​IMG]

4. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

I was looking at the Scottish Light Tattersall, so you make some good points because that is definitely a casual-ish fabric. I have a good relationship with my tailor, she gives me friend prices and wouldn't really sneeze at any request I make, so I don't think she would have a problem shortening it if that was what I wanted. I was more concerned about the balance of the jacket being thrown off. Half an inch isn't much, but I would definitely notice it even if nobody else did. The joys of OCD! :D

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014

5. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

I would probably make all sorts of concessions before I bought a jacket with the intention of having it shortened, by any amount.

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

First FF Shirting, now FF Jackets (and at really fantastic prices)...

Just have to keep telling myself I need PANTS... PANTS!

7. Todd V

Todd V Senior Member

At your height, (which I'm guessing is over 6 feet?), I would imagine you could go +/- 1/2" in either direciton without noticing.

At my height (5'4"), a half-inch in the wrong direction is a big deal.

8. neutrino

neutrino Senior Member

My wallet is happy that I don't need a sportcoat. Some of the swatches look really nice, especially given the price.
    An EP wedding suit might be in order sometime soon, though.

9. rydenfan

rydenfan Distinguished Member

I almost never wear sport coats and there are still 2 or 3 I am considering...

10. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

I would recommend it. [​IMG]

11. neutrino

neutrino Senior Member

That's how EP rolls, you know that [​IMG] The duck Napoli that is due to arrive is enough for me for now.

I remember those pics SVB, I'll refer to them [​IMG]

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Southwick Factory Finds 2014!

Hey guys,

Many of you found your way to the Factory Finds options - and thanks to everyone who ordered! This is going to be the largest and greatest assortment that we've ever been able to offer.

If you're new to this, then the basic idea is:
    1) Southwick has a bunch of fabrics to clear out. All are limited and can make between 4 and 16 jackets
    2) They offer them to us at a reduced price, and we then pass along the savings in our "Factory Finds" program
    3) You place a special order for your jacket from the swatches online. Any size (32-50) and length (xshort to xlong) can be ordered. As these are made as a group, you have to sign onto the group shape which is a fully lined Weller for heavier fabrics and a 3/8 lined Napoli for the Spring-Summer models).
    4) We submit the order and the jackets are delivered 3-4 months later
    5) All sales are final

This has proved to be one of the most popular programs that we offer and it's a great way to build your sportcoat wardrobe at a fraction of the usual price. By ordering through this system, you'll save on the range of 30 to 70% off retail and have access to a bunch of unique fabrics and patterns. The Harris Tweed's and Cashmeres are an especially boss deal for this lineup.

We've been offered a one-week exclusivity for selling. And you guys will see the swatches one day before our email newsletter goes out. The NY trade shows start on the 23rd, and at that point, all of these off-price fabric goods will be open to every other Southwick account. So if something grabs you, then don't wait too long, as any good stuff that remains will get zapped pretty quickly once the shows start.

Here's the collection. Each category has 3-6 swatches to choose from. As always, feel free to post any questions here or email them to us. We're happy to tell you all about the fabrics, compare them, and give sizing advice. I have to return the swatches to Southwick today, so they will not be available to view in person at our shops.

[​IMG]
    Factory Finds Southwick Sportcoats in Pure Cashmere: $650

[​IMG]
    Factory Finds Southwick Sportcoats in Harris Tweed: $550

[​IMG]
    Factory Finds Southwick Sportcoats in Spring-Summer Blends

[​IMG]
    Factory Finds Southwick Sportcoats in Wool-Cashmere Blends: $495

[​IMG]
    Factory Finds Southwick Sportcoats in Fall-Winter Woolens: $475

13. Louys

Louys Senior Member

I just kopped the wool-cotton-cashmere for my first navy sport coat. Now to join the no purchase club thread.

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

And here's my top swatches from our selection:

Cashmere

[​IMG]
    Navy Cashmere Flannel
    I personally made up a jacket in this fabric and it's brilliant. Soft, thick, and very luxurious - but not so hot as to be uncomfortable indoors. You'll absolutely love this coat and you can't go wrong with a deep navy. We have the same cloth in black too - which is really rare to find. That's great if you're into grey trousers and black shoes.

[​IMG]
    Herringbone Windowpane Cashmere
    The "S" range is Southwick's top of the line, so full retail on this would have been in the $1700-range. You can't beat Scottish cashmere for a jacket, and this is unbelievably plush. It's thick and grey-ish in basic tone, so you could easily dress it down with jeans or go full classic menswear.

Spring-Summer

[​IMG]
    Scottish Light Tattersall
    A beautiful, pricey cloth in a colorful pattern that will still be very easy to wear. This will be absolutely nutzo with our white Wilshire jeans and some snuff suede shoes

[​IMG]
    Frosty Houndstooth
    A great ice blue color that's begging to be friends with your white shirt and chinos.

[​IMG]
    Blue Wool-Cotton-Cash
    You can't beat the versatility of a blue jacket. This is a brilliant lightweight blend and the color is a bit brighter and more saturated than most. It's not as bold as a french blue, but will put some pop into an otherwise trad outfit. Very Italian.

Harris Tweeds

[​IMG]
    Blue Slate Harris
    Solid Harris Tweeds are hard to find, and this is a really cool and wearable color. Will look boss as hell with grey flannel trousers.

[​IMG]
    Brown-Olive Microcheck Harris
    This is practically screaming "English Countryside Pheasant Hunt." It's really classic, and the pattern is subtle. Perfect match with denim.

Fall-Winter Woolens

[​IMG]
    Grey-Red Heathered Check
    This was originally a Black Fleece fabric. Beautiful hand on it and a nice weight. Will jive great with navy trousers.

[​IMG]
    Blackwatch
    Speaks for itself. Blackwatch is ALWAYS boss as a sportcoat. And it's great to get it in our fit and Southwick's make. I don't know how many horribly fitting blackwatch jackets I tried to buy on Ebay in my younger days only to get the coat and look like Jared from Subway trying to dress up.

15. JezeC

JezeC Distinguished Member

Hey guys. Can somebody confirm that "Navy Wool-Cotton-Cash (97148)" is the same exact blend from the last round of FF jackets?

I ordered the jacket last time around, but I want to see whether it's possible to order this fabric for a pair of pants.