• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LBM, French Blue 10 oz, Caramel Alt Weins

Here's a shot of the cuff, i know I said I'd post this awhile back. Sleeves were shortened and folded under, so they're no longer functional, but it was quick and cheap, and for a casual blazer just fine for me:
This is a nice picture how NewYorkIslander shortened the sleeves on an LBM jacket. Looks good in my opinion. Tho i love the pick stitch on the cuff I can live w/o it

Last edited:

Todd V

Reaction score
Hi Mike,

Could the navy wool cotton cash be had in a full suit? I believe you made that offer for this fabric last time and I missed out. I'm guessing the navy flannel cash wouldn't be good for that purpose as you have told us in the past -- cashmere's no good for trousers.

Some really nice stuff here... The Harris tweeds are such a deal.

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
Trying to decide between the Blue Wool Cotton-Cash and the Navy Wool Cotton-Cash, ugh!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Epaulet gloves in action. I suppose I should be wearing the driving gloves in this case. Sorry.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking at the olive prince of wales, so hard to extrapolate from just a swatch

Edit-

And the herringbone windowpane cashmere.

Last edited:

Irish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has favorites or recommendations from the FF jackets, please share. I had a jacket made from a swatch once before and I chose... poorly. (Not thru EP.)

Typically I go bold-ish sport coat, solid trousers. So grey-ice pow and frosty houndstooth would both fit the bill. But the tonal olive pow looks great too. Also like some of the fall fabrics--grey-red check could be killer. Really just a tremendous selection here. I'd be curious what jumps out to folks.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to decide which spring/summer FF jacket I want, but I have a question about sizing. I should probably go for a 42 in either L or XL. I usually like to have around a 31.75" BOC measurement, and a 42L would be 31.25" and 42XL would be 32.25". So basically I need something right in the middle of those too. If I went for the XL, would it throw off the balance to have a half inch chopped off the bottom of th jacket? Because I think the 42L would probably be just a tad too short, the 42XL might be my best option.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Is half an inch really going to be all that noticeable? I have a couple shorter-than-ideal jackets and they just look a tad more casual. I think this is really ideal for spring/summer-type fabrics.

Obviously you can't lengthen in this situation, but given your choice I'd go with the L length and wear it just a tad cropped. XL will give you insurance against regret, but you could get hit with a tailoring bill. I know my tailors both dislike shortening jackets and tend to penalize their customers with high costs for that operation (same with shoulder work).

EDIT: In fact, I have a summery Napoli from FF a year ago, and have been thinking about getting it shortened, to make it look like a slightly fancier LBM. Depends on the fabric though. Which are you looking at?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads