• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, you posted this only 8 hours ago...chill.

If you want fast and for sure help, look into getting a proxy. Note that it won't be for free.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Howlin' Again and MTO Carmina "Gangs of NY" boots and Epaulet Belt. That thing lives in those jeans and rarely gets a peek, but with the vest today I get to show it off a bit!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NYI, Are those Somets? The stitching looks like it. If so, how do you like them? Between them and a pair of PBJ's

Last edited:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NYI, Are those Somets? The stitching looks like it. If so, how do you like them? Between them and a pair of PBJ's

I LOVE them. Been beating the hell out of them this fall/winter. Wearing them constantly, not a soak yet. Bought them last January and they started out pretty tight, but now fit like a second skin. Back pocket stitching is starting to unravel, but like I said, they've been beat to hell...I'm starting think about a soak...maybe on their first birthday.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered the Mocha Flannel a couple days back, tracking said it arrived in Bell Gardens CA. I was curious where that was so I googled it. Turns out the post office there had a one star rating. I clicked. Half an hour and countless reviews latter I learn that hundreds of others have had packages, delayed, lost, or possibly stolen from this location. A local reporter claimed to be investigating. One man ordered boots, his package arrived opened with a previously worn completely different pair of shoes. Someone traded up I guess. Dozens had sought to rectify their situations with USPS, none with success. Hopeful that internet reviews always exaggerate I checked the ratings of a few local post offices. Nothing of the like. 

I fear for my shirt. Anyone else ever have a package come through there?

Another Bell Gardens post: I had a Media Mail (non-Ep) package come through there recently and it absolutely dropped off the map for a week. However, it *did* reappear one week later in a sort facility in Jersey City, NJ (near NYC where I live). So perhaps you're one of the unlucky few like me to experience a slight delay. It should be fine, though.

Last edited:

Louys

Reaction score
I just got it the other day, luckily no delay. Once again I learn listening too closely to the internet it a bad thing, who knew? All that said the mocha flannel is delightful, I'm looking forward to future wears.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I LOVE them. Been beating the hell out of them this fall/winter. Wearing them constantly, not a soak yet. Bought them last January and they started out pretty tight, but now fit like a second skin. Back pocket stitching is starting to unravel, but like I said, they've been beat to hell...I'm starting think about a soak...maybe on their first birthday.

Thanks! Much appreciated. Drives me crazy BiG won't do a refund if sizing doesn't work as I wabt to try the Somets and PBJ XX13's. Will have to wait till the next time I'm down from Beantown.

Sorry for non EP post... Bring on the dark grey Wilshires!!!

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In case anyone is on the fence about the Navy MDR, it's wonderful!

The navy is very dark and the calf is very soft.

Man, that thing looks GNARLY! Thanks for picking it up!

how do the burgundy dress belts match up to color 8 shell? from the photos they look a bit lighter/more matte but it might be something a quick polish could fix. thanks!

The burgundy dress belt is more matte than color 8, but hitting it with a little polish or conditioner could help it shine up a bit. It's a good match, not perfect, but we sell a ton of them to guys looking for a #8 belt.

Hey, so I am right to assume that Gitman is doing the shirting for you guys now going forward?

For the MTO, will they have access to some of the fabric you guys have had on hand...like the sunwashed chambrays?

And are they going to do the normal seasonal drops of shirts? When is that coming btw...?

They will be doing a good bit of it. I'm not 100% certain if we'll offer that exact chambray, but we'll have a ton of options. We'll have a lot more incoming than we did with just the Ashland line from Gitman Bros. Stay tuned.

Kelly Green Gingham MTO ordered! Thanks for offering the larger sizes guys!!

You bet! Thanks for picking it up!

Epaulet's size 42 jackets fit me off the rack perfectly. Does that mean I am an L or XL in their shirting? It seems like XL would be the safe way to go (my neck size is 16.75"). I am thinking about ordering a shirt or two.

I think you're more like a L, but is does depend a little. (That's how their size chart would put it, too)

I'm the same way in that the size 40 jackets are near perfect on me. Medium shirts fit me really well, but are a little snug. If I size up to L, though, they are looser than I'd like, and a little long to wear untucked, but still totally wearable. (length is an easy tailor fix, too).

So, it's a little but dependent on your build, and also the neck thing...if you really need them to be spot on for wearing ties, then perhaps you go XL, esp if you have broad shoulders or a muscular chest. Otherwise, L would like be a nice slim fit.

If a 42 Southwick jacket fit well with a little tailoring (waist suppression, bringing in the chest a touch, etc), I would say a large shirt would probably. If the 42 fits basically perfect OTR, I would go with an XL. I think it will yield a trim/tailored fit, but not be restrictive. Worst case scenario, you could have the shirt altered a bit if it were too small. However, I'm pretty sure it will be a damn good fit.

I was thinking about trying out one of the LBM 1911 jackets, but I'm iffy on the sizing having never owned an unstructured jacket. The chest on a 38 would serve me best, but the shoulder is wider than I'd normally look for. How crucial is it to nail the shoulder fit on an unstructured jacket given that there's no padding to stick out? Will it look droopy if it's too wide? Thanks in advance for any advice.

I think it depends on how much wider the shoulders are than what is ideal for you. I have a couple of the LBM 1911 SC's and they are both about an inch wider in the shoulders than what is ideal for me. But I think they look fine. However, any more than an inch or maybe 1.5", might be too much and as you say, might look droopy.

I do like the LBM 1911 blazers very much and recommend them.

LBM jackets, and unstructured as a whole, are meant to drape. The shoulder (and chest) measurements are a bit deceptive, as jackets of this nature don't fit like your Southwicks of the world. I would say that if you've owned any of our sportcoats in a 38, the 48 LBM should be a good fit for you. It sometimes depends on how your proportions run, but if you're a 38-39 jacket normally, the sizing should work well for you.

And I'll echo what others have said, once you start wearing these, a lot of other sportcoats will likely be put on the backburner. They're truly a unique, Italian product that is a joy to wear.

Spiewak N3-B snorkel parka secured tonight. And lots of other temptation - especially the new denim and some TBA stuff.
smile.gif
Thanks Mike - can't wait for it to get cold enough for this coat (again)!

For those that don't normally venture outside this thread, but may be interested, I just finished my massive Tahoe New Years 13 post in WAYWT. Some Epaulet items are featured, including the barely visible blue OCBD shown above. And yes, there are plaid pants.
teacha.gif

Can I ask when Rivets in caramel duck are getting restocked?
I can't offer a definite, but should be some time in the next 4-6 weeks. I believe we put in a reorder a couple of weeks ago.

Howlin' Again and MTO Carmina "Gangs of NY" boots and Epaulet Belt. That thing lives in those jeans and rarely gets a peek, but with the vest today I get to show it off a bit!
If you didn't almost always have a smile, I would think you were coming to a street brawl.
fistbump.gif

Thanks! Much appreciated. Drives me crazy BiG won't do a refund if sizing doesn't work as I wabt to try the Somets and PBJ XX13's. Will have to wait till the next time I'm down from Beantown.

Sorry for non EP post... Bring on the dark grey Wilshires!!!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Factory Finds!

Got the final stock list.

Oh my god!

Everyone brace themselves, this is basically the Factory Finds of a lifetime. You could jacket shop for the next two years with all that's available. There's a ton of great stuff to go around, including quite a bit of 100% cashmere. We'll start rolling out swatches tomorrow-Monday, and everything launches in earnest on Tuesday. We've got exclusive access to all of these for a week before Southwick shows it to any other accounts.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Factory Finds!

Got the final stock list.

Oh my god!

Everyone brace themselves, this is basically the Factory Finds of a lifetime. You could jacket shop for the next two years with all that's available. There's a ton of great stuff to go around, including quite a bit of 100% cashmere. We'll start rolling out swatches tomorrow-Monday, and everything launches in earnest on Tuesday. We've got exclusive access to all of these for a week before Southwick shows it to any other accounts.
bounce2.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads