Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hideout

hideout Senior member

how do the burgundy dress belts match up to color 8 shell? from the photos they look a bit lighter/more matte but it might be something a quick polish could fix. thanks!

2. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Well, if your item(s) are coming from NY, it's a bit of a weather clusterfuck out there, so I wouldn't be surprised if mail is held up.

I ordered some jeans (shipped from LA) and they came promptly. Ordered right before New Years...shipped out right after the holiday.

3. FLW

FLW Senior member

I have both color 8 shell and this belt and you are indeed correct, the belt is lighter and more matte. I would wear dark brown with color 8 before I would wear the burgundy. I have not tried to polish or alter the belt, though, and shades of color 8 can vary a bit.

If you don't have any Epaulet belts, I cannot recommend them highly enough. They are an absolute steal at the price they offer.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Hey, so I am right to assume that Gitman is doing the shirting for you guys now going forward?

For the MTO, will they have access to some of the fabric you guys have had on hand...like the sunwashed chambrays?

And are they going to do the normal seasonal drops of shirts? When is that coming btw...?

5. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Mine is matte, too. I wear it with color 8 shoes. The belt is a long distance away from the shoes so I don't think they must match perfectly. I'm more concerned about the contrast of the belt against the pants and I like it.

6. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Kelly Green Gingham MTO ordered! Thanks for offering the larger sizes guys!!

7. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

I ordered the same one the other day. I really liked the swatch.

8. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

They shipped USPS for me. Ordered on the 29th and it was delivered today. I know they had some weather problems so it was a little delayed.

9. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

Epaulet's size 42 jackets fit me off the rack perfectly. Does that mean I am an L or XL in their shirting? It seems like XL would be the safe way to go (my neck size is 16.75"). I am thinking about ordering a shirt or two.

10. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

That navy calf jacket is sweet.

Wish I had 700 bucks sitting around.

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

40/41 SCs fit me well and I feel I am between a L and XL in the shirts. I ordered a FF shirt this round in XL.

12. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

I think you're more like a L, but is does depend a little. (That's how their size chart would put it, too)

I'm the same way in that the size 40 jackets are near perfect on me. Medium shirts fit me really well, but are a little snug. If I size up to L, though, they are looser than I'd like, and a little long to wear untucked, but still totally wearable. (length is an easy tailor fix, too).

So, it's a little but dependent on your build, and also the neck thing...if you really need them to be spot on for wearing ties, then perhaps you go XL, esp if you have broad shoulders or a muscular chest. Otherwise, L would like be a nice slim fit.

13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Howlin' Scarf (mid 20's this morning felt like The Caribbean.
    [​IMG]

14. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

I was thinking about trying out one of the LBM 1911 jackets, but I'm iffy on the sizing having never owned an unstructured jacket. The chest on a 38 would serve me best, but the shoulder is wider than I'd normally look for. How crucial is it to nail the shoulder fit on an unstructured jacket given that there's no padding to stick out? Will it look droopy if it's too wide? Thanks in advance for any advice.

15. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I promised earlier to post some fit comments of the Carmina WWII boots when I received them so I have done so but thought it was more appropriate to post on the EP x Carmina MTO thread. If interested, I posted some pics there as well.