Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

It's still there. May have been in someone's shopping cart, but I'm still showing one unit available.

2. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Nice stuff. As a button-down hater, it would be great if future offerings could include a few with an alternative collar.

3. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

So if I understand correctly, all these Gitman FF shirts are not pre-washed and therefore I should expect some shrinkage?

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

I can take a stab at this - I know Mauro decently well and own a few shirts from both brands. For reference, I take a Large in EP shirts (41 EP jacket) and an XL in the WvG Before Dinner fit.

As stated, I take a Large in EP shirts. They are my ideal fit; fitted through the top and shoulders and then slim down through the body. Sleeves are also just a tad long, but I don't mind it. FWIW, most of my EP shirts are "dressier" and fit that aesthetic better for my body shape.

I can wear either a Large or XL in Wolf vs. Goat. A Large Before Dinner is very slim - about as slim as I would want to go. After shrinkage, I've kept some L(BD) and had to move others on - it's almost hit or miss, depending on the fabric. And XL BD is still slim but "roomy" and I don't feel like the shirt is painted on. Most of my WvG shirts are strictly casual, and I like the XL Before Dinner fit in Mauro's shirting for this purpose. In parallel, I can take either the L or XL in AfterDinner fit as well, but the body is far, far too big for my taste. I have not tried a M(AD) as Mauro may sometimes recommend sizing down in the AD fit.

So generally, I would put a tagged EP shirt as in between the equivalent WvG shirt and the next biggest size: example -

MedWvG > MedEP > LargeWvG > LargeEP > XLWvG > etc.

Hope this helps.

Also, the FFshirting looks great. Can't believe the prices.

5. Racing Green

Racing Green Senior member

My Wilshere jeans came in and they are damn near perfect. I find it really hard to get a true slim straight jean and these tick all the boxes. Love the soft one wash feel too.

6. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I realize this is completely OT, but can anyone recommend a light wash jean that would have a similar fit?

7. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Yay, sizes that people who go to the gym or eat food can actually fit into! ;)

Now which to pick...

8. Epaulet

Awesome - I'm really glad that you like the jeans! Thanks for picking them up.

And @neutrino - give me about 8 weeks. We're going to roll out the Wilshire big time. Here's the lineup:

February
    - 14oz Dark Grey Kaihara Red-Line Selvedge
    - 14oz Pure White Kuroki Red-Line Selvedge
    - Small restock of existing 14oz Kaihara one-wash indigo

March
    - 14oz Kaihara Indigo with Black Overdye
    - 14oz Kaihara Indigo with light distressed wash

I'm hoping to introduce the Rudy-fit jean in March as well. I need a snappy LA name for that, another road that runs by Santa Monica. Maybe the "Lincoln?"

They're not washed, but you shouldn't expect any major shrinkage from them. Just like our current in-line Epaulet shirts. Ultimately the fabric that's chosen by shirting companies - especially ones as experienced as Gitman Bros, will not shrink significantly.

Gitman Vintage is the exception. Their creative director scours all points to find the really offbeat fabrics that they use. The goods that come from non-mainstream suppliers can shrink quite a lot, which is why they wash everything, and why GV sometimes has wild differences in measurements from style to style.

Haha, sorry about that. We went buttondown crazy for these as they're a crowd pleaser. The MTO program will have somewhere in the realm of 8 collars to choose from. Including Gitman's club collar, which is one of the best clubs that I've ever seen anywhere.

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

kop'd a few FF shirts, twas a good day.

Now that you mentioned the MTO program...when's that going live, hmmmmmm?

10. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Olympic. Three lanes each way, going into downtown L.A. For the heftier gentleman. :)

11. Epaulet

Quick Note on Gitman Brothers

The folks at Gitman are very jazzed about our new partnership and they're looking to do a large announcement when the MTO program debuts. As such, we're going to hold out on communicating them as the maker until that program launches - which is still a few weeks out.

So, you'll see that our online text about the Factory Finds fabrics will have references to Gitman Brothers removed before our general sale and press newsletters go out tomorrow. But nothing has changed and you guys know the deal ;)

12. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Yo Mike-
    You mentioned changes moving forward with your trouser offerings (less OTR and more MTO).
    Can you shed some more light on this.
    What trousers do you expect on the horizon?

13. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

This sounds really great and it is good to know what's coming. Helps instill some willpower.

But, Mike, it seems as if you left my green overdye off the list... :)

14. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Haha, noticed this last time I was down there. Looked up at a stoplight and noticed I was on "Wilshire" and the jean name clicked.

15. zinc2162

zinc2162 Senior member

Thanks!. I went back to try and got it.