Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Just checked my e-mail and it seems that my Kudu boots did not survive the trip into the USA :(.

Sad as they were to be my birthday gift to myself, although EP customer service is top notch as always.

EP London next?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014

2. althanis

althanis Senior member

3. tricky

tricky Senior member

Same here. Even buttoning the standard ones is hit and miss for me. Oh well as you say...for the greater good :)

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

MTO Shirts can be. Unfortunately, we have to restrict Factory Finds to only a single fit.

Factory finds is oura way of crowd-sourcing the production and working with limited stock. The manufacturer offers us a great deal on closeout fabrics, which we can pass along as a significant discount on the usual price. The tradeoffs for this are (1) We need a long lead time, as they factory will only do the work when they have open capacity (2) items are cut to order and final sale and (3) We can only work with one group of specs for the same fabric so that they can be cut and produced all at once.

We've done two rounds of Factory Finds shirting with New England and it really worked out brilliantly. I think that this can be our best round yet.

The "Ashland" fit is our tweaked version of the Gitman Vintage fit. It has slightly deeper armholes (very subtle difference) and darts in the back. A lot of guys find Gitman Vintage to fit a bit blousy in the body, so this was our way of correcting it. The sizing is consistent with GV.

And yes, all of the MTO fabrics will be available in the Ashland/GV fit! We'll offer MTO's out of Gitman's stock book (which has a ton of fabrics, maybe 60-70) and a select group of in-season and exclusive fabrics as well.

We're really excited for this Gitman partnership. As you guys know, the online marketplace for shirting is pretty crowded these days. There's a dizzying array of places to buy shirts from - especially from online-only sellers.

I've been working with Gitman for a long time. Even before we opened Epaulet, I used to buy Saks Fifth Avenue private label and Burberry shirts from Gitman. I think that they make the finest shirt in the USA for their price, and that their pricing is still very competitive with other brands that produce in Asia, South America, or Eastern Europe. You pay a bit more for Gitman, but you really get a superior product. It's not cheap, but it's a strong value - and that's the key guiding principle for my product development. And their fabric selection is second to none. I believe that combining our fit with their construction will make for a really compelling shirt. Most of our stock Gitman items will be in the $140 to $165 range.

EPLA shirting will have the same sharp-as-hell fit as our Western shirt but be more on the casual side. We'll wash every product and do a combination of basics and really directional pieces. We're going to play with dyes and limited editions. Pricing on EPLA is planned to start at $95 for basics like a washed OCBD to about $110 for a great chambray. Really standout fabrics like our 9oz Nihon Menpu that the Western/Engineer is made in will be in the $140-$150 range.

5. Epaulet

6. Epaulet

Try measuring out the collar post-wash. Our New England collars tend to shrink nearly a half inch. The Gitman collar should shrink less as they have more robust construction up there, so the final result should be less than a half inch of difference. The main goal was to have about the same post-wash sizing, but be smaller in the beginning so more guys get a better fit on the first try.

7. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Yeah, I knew it was a total special flower request. Anxiously clicking refresh anyway looking for some boss swatches!

8. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

9. tricky

tricky Senior member

Good to know. I only wash cold and hang dry but how can I resist a few FF to try out...some awesome fabrics there right now.

10. Reveille

Reveille Well-Known Member

Just pulled the trigger on this one, fingers crossed that hopefully I don't have Mike or Adele contacting me telling me that they sold out before after placing my order!

11. Epaulet

Thank you sir! And we should be good - we plugged in the exact stock numbers that Gitman quoted us.

12. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I grabbed the second to last baby blue flecked. Hey Mike, thanks for not putting these up too late!
    I could probably afford a second one, hmm...

13. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

Whoa, I just paid for the baby blue flecked chambray. Either I got the last one or will be getting the dreaded "sold out before you ordered" email.

I have the grey and cream speckled chambray shirts from a couple of years ago and was just thinking the other day how those were some of my favorites. Fingers crossed that I got this FF version!