Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Also, are there any cool fabrics there that are especially limited in quantity? I'll have to decide whether to stay up late or not - sweet jeebus do they always come online when it's pitch black over here :)

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thank you sir :)

We're really jazzed about it. This season we're going to take shirting in three ways:

Epaulet x Gitman off the rack pieces in basic and premium fabrics
    Epaulet x Gitman MTO Program
    EPLA Shirting. We're running a bunch of samples right now, but the idea s to build out a full line of casual shirts in washed denims, chambrays, oxfords, overdyes, lightweight corduroys, etc. Everything will have a twist to it.

All the Epaulet fit, including darts. The only change is that our new collar spec will be 0.5" smaller for each size.

3. Epaulet

Quite a few. Most of the plaids and patterns have 8-10 units available. Some solids have more in the range of 20. I'm going to work to have everything online by 3PM EST, so it won't be too late in Europe then.

4. Mazzasan

Mazzasan Well-Known Member

Quote:Can someone kindly go through the Epaulet fit versus the Gitman fit? As much as I like Gitman, I'm between sizes i.e. Small and Medium. I also find the Medium slightly too long. What size should I be looking at for Epaulet? Appreciate the help.

5. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Thanks Mike! I wish EP all the best with that collaboration. I also hope not too many guys will be turned away by that collar tweak - I sure will not, since I'm never buttoning that first button.

6. Epaulet

Yes, that happens a lot.

The biggest difference is that Gitman Vintage has a large scaling difference between sizes. Our shirts go up 2" in the chest (measured fully around) from one size to the next. A jump of 2-3" is pretty standard. GV goes up by about 4", so it's common for guys to be stuck between sizes. Overall, our shirts have a more athletic fit with slightly deeper armholes, more tapering at the waist, a bit more room in the shoulders.

If you're in between a Small and a Medium Gitman then you'll probably wear a Medium well in our shirts. Typically it goes like this summary below. You can see how GV's larger scaling moves it bigger and bigger than Epaulet scaling.

GV Small is roughly equal to an Epaulet Small
    GV Medium is bigger than an Epaulet Medium. Between an Epaulet Medium and Large.
    GV Large is much bigger than an Epaulet Large. Roughly equivalent to an Epaulet XL.
    GV XL is significantly larger than an Epaulet XXL.

And something to note: all of the fabrics that we're presenting are Gitman Brothers fabrics, not Gitman Vintage. Gitman Brothers makes an entire line of high-end shirting outside of GV. GV fabrics are very cool but many of them shrink significantly, which is why the Gitman Vintage sizing is sometimes inconsistent. And why every GV shirt is delivered pre-shrunk and washed.

These Factory Finds fabrics are all from the Gitman full-line, so they're standard shirting weaves that wont' yield any significant shrinkage when cold washed / hang dried.

Yeah, I don't think that will be an issue at all - and nearly everyone won't even notice the change. Over the past year, it seems like many guys are finding the collar to be a touch too big, so this is a really minor tweak.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Wow, if the new neck size is smaller that previous shirts, I may have to check out some of the MTO shirting options.

Mike - will the EPLA polos be released with the other new shirts in the EPLA line?

8. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Whoopsie daisy, I'm seeing some killer pricing so far! [​IMG]

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I'm stoked! [​IMG]

I remember when the MTO program was discontinued early last year and they said maybe have something around the fall and then it was pushed back...

...and I have to say the wait was well worth it. Instead of just putting a bandage on the situation, it appears that Mike did what he normally does...goes above and beyond--this is great!

10. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

These Gitman fabrics at what appears to be $110 is pretty compelling. Looking forward to seeing the whole lineup.

11. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Quoted for the truest description of Mike, hah [​IMG]
    Ok ok, I'm shutting up.

12. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I loved your collar sizes :(, I could actually button them up.

That said, for the greater good I guess. I hope you start offering MTO collar sizes on base fits again.

13. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

hmmm, now that there is a comparison with GV it got me thinking about the comparison of Epaulet to Wolf Vs. Goat. I know I see a bunch of guys in both threads. Can somebody give a comparison of EP & WvG now? I haven't bought any Epaulet yet but I am very interested...I know I could just look at the size charts but numbers don't always tell the whole story...

14. about11oclock

about11oclock Senior member

Weird question buuuut, could the factory finds shirting be cut in GBV patterns rather than EP? chubby american here.

15. applky

applky Senior member

Yes!!

But wait -- I notice the Ashland line isn't in among your three ways of shirting. Are you discontinuing the Ashland line as in-stock items? And will it still be available in an MTO capacity?

All around, though, this is fantastic news. I'm so glad to be giving Gitman more business. They're an amazing shirtmaker and I think it's great, Mike, that you found a way to do your mainline shirting with them. Congratulations!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014