Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

Hi all, wanted some general advice on a sportcoat. I have two solid-colored wool suits at the moment, in navy and charcoal. I was looking to purchase one more, likely from Epaulet (not necessarily a full suit but a coat) with a mind for sheer versatility. What's the next best thing to get?

Nothing too fancy, but something I can wear on a nice dinner out, a play, or a conservative semi-formal event. Thanks!

2. mothball

mothball Senior member

I haven't posted anything in a while (and maybe shouldn't have started again with a phone pic), but here's the dot flannel from last year at tonight's Globetrotters game:

[​IMG]

The game was a silly amount of fun (sorry, forgot which thread I'm in...a bonkers amount of fun).

Happy New Year, guys!

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks guys for all the tips for my trip to MN :)

Rob brought up an interesting point. For those that layer undeneath with thermal and compression, what do you do when you arrive at work or where have you, and it's quite warm inside? It's pretty warm right now in SoCal, not even sure what to wear when I leave...I was thinking a sweater, sweat pants, with rugged boots, and have a NorthFace puffer jacket in my carry on. Kinda thought of wearing compression pants from the house, but I'd be sweating hardcore during the trip.

Epaulet shirt today. It gets tons of compliments, because of the uncommon color.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014

4. reezy

reezy Senior member

Someone sell me their size 34 Spiewak parka :thumbs-up:

5. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Navy hopsack is probably your best bet for what you're looking for

6. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Well, I'm wearing the UK herringbone tweeds this morning in 16 deg F and 8" of snow. Quite comfortable in the office which is usually cold. Even got compliments from the folks at the coffee shop.

If you are on the fence about this seasons heavy tweeds, I can't recommend them enough. I doubt I would get enough use to justify a second pair, but thy has rarely stopped me in the past. The olive would be my next choice for office appropirateness.

7. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

with compression, that doesnt happen a lot to me. with thermals, i sweat a decent bit but i would rather have that, than be cold while im outside. i would def wear compression with sweat pants as the wind will cut right through the material.

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Speaking of dressing for the cold...another endorsement for the Snorkel Parka...windchills near zero today, this, compression turtleneck and running windbreaker underneath...was sweating by mile 1. Managed to get almost four in without busting my ass, but my face took a beating from the wind.

[​IMG]

9. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

What pair did you get? Are they too warm to justify a second pair?

10. oisin

oisin Senior member

A couple snorkel parka and denim pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Gosh, @oisin, vacationing in beautiful Pottsville, Pa.?

12. oisin

oisin Senior member

Haha pretty much. Visiting my friend in Ambler. Some time in Philadelphia, some adventures outside. Lots of beer.

13. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

I have the grey herringbone tweed. Not too warm, it's just that I wear a suit four days a week and tend to slouch on the weekends so, at best, I'm wearing these on a cold Friday.

Do the chessboard tweeds read as charcoal gray? I could get those... Although the salt and pepper donnegal could be made into a suit. Always decisions....

14. applky

applky Senior member

I have three pairs of tweed Walts with a fourth (Chessboard tweed) on the way. I'm sure I'll pick up one or two more next fall. If, like me, you wear an odd jacket/sweater instead of a suit everyday, then they're the ultimate daily trouser for fall, winter, and early spring. I go from my superheated apartment to the cold outside to a heated subway car to the outdoors again to a heated office/classroom/library and feel comfortable the whole way. They're obviously warm, but because of the open weave, they adapt well to different temperature environments.

If I ever got one of those subtitles under my member name, it would have to be "Tweed Trouser Evangelist."

(This being said I also own as many flannel trousers.)

15. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

^^I've had the same experience - I have a pair of both the herringbone and donegal and neither are too warm, even in a heated office environment. I am also considering snagging another pair (wish the sandy oranges were still there in a 31!).