1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. gentfarmer

gentfarmer Senior member

what do you mean fall apart? I was going to pull the trigger but I want to hear your story first. Pics would be helpful of damage or craftsmanship flaw.

2. altmana

altmana Well-Known Member

Just wanted to share my fondness for the plum rivets! I think they are even easier to wear/match than the supposedly more neutral moss.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. hubert

hubert Active Member

Looks great! What fabric is that?

4. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

many of the last batch of natural cxl belts started to split. if there were any pictures, they're from more than a year ago. the story was that when the belt was constructed, there wasn't any cxl available that was thick enough, so the belt was two layers of cxl glued together, and I guess it could come unglued. since then, i recall Matt has said he wasn't gonna use construction methods like that again since it had a higher failure rate than was acceptable.

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Exactly right - the first Natural CXL belt that we ran in 2010 was a two-piece belt (outer leather cemented to a veg tan liner) and made in an entirely different factory.

Our CXL belts now are phenomenal. Each one is made of a solid cut of leather with a consistent width. Entirely different factory in an entirely different part of the country. We've gotten excellent feedback on them.

Just received it yesterday! I updated the stock online:

http://epauletnewyork.com/products/epla-kamigata-heavyweight-chambray-jacket

Ah sorry, we only had two units and they both sold. Filson is totally tapped out as well. I've got the other jacket (convertible hunting coat) going online soon though, and we have two smalls in that.

Glad that you like it! I've been wearing them more than I care to admit

6. tricky

tricky Senior member

Grey cotton cash Driggs came in today in 33. Too big so I'll try 32...my first try with Driggs (and I've dropped weight). Hope 32 works.

If any Toronto folks want them before I return then PM me.

7. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

I'm about to return Speckled Chambray in Large. it's a little snug on me and I ultimately have too many chambrays lying around. Checking to see if anyone wants it before it goes back.

8. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Hey,

I haven't tried the driggs before. How do they compare to the Walt? I wear a 33 in Walt's.

9. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Is anyone hanging their heirlooms in the closet? I typically fold them up to avoid stretching, wondering if that is an issue for these.

10. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I am not risking it. I think itll get folded for me

11. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Knits 101 guys, never hang always fold.

3 people like this.
  12. FLW

FLW Senior member

I always fold knits. While these are very well made, they will sag eventually. Head to a thrift shop and see the horrors of old, high-quality sweaters that have become a blobby mess from being hung on a hanger. Lots of Scottish cashmere and English lambswool have met a cruel fate in this fashion...

3 people like this.
  13. tricky

tricky Senior member

I'm 33 in Walt (32 waist with altering) and I think these seem to run larger than my 33 Walts.

14. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

http://www.hangerproject.com/sweater-hangers.html

Can't comment on whether or not it works though.

15. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

Says its for knits, golf shirts, polos. I think the rubber on the end helps hold the garment without damaging the natural shoulder however since these knits are heavy good old gravity will stretch them

16. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

^^ This +1

The Heirloom Cardigan and the Hardie Cardigan should absolutely be folded only. Especially the Heirloom, as a hand-knit like that will stretch out quickly on a hanger.

I also fold sweaters exclusively. The only knits that I'll hang are sweatshirts.

17. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

Mike,

Is there a possibility of having a Doyle MTO? I love my chambray Doyle and want an olive one, but I'm a 48L. Seems the pattern was built out for the chambray then it may be easy to do an MTO? Just trying to get in on more of the Doyle action...

18. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Is it possible to pre order alden boots from epaulet makeups

19. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

My mocha calvary twill MTO arrived, and it has an insanely awesome hand and texture. I think they may become my favorite pair of trousers! [​IMG]

I'm trying to build up a respectable business casual baseline of outfits and I'm looking for some advice. Calvary twill definitely has some great texture and surface interest. Does it work for a business casual outfit? Due to it's texture, can I pair it with a blazer, such as a navy hopsack one?

As far as colors, can I pair any of the following with a hopsack navy blazer and either a white or blue OCBD shirt (and optional woven tie)?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I may be wrong, but I'm thinking gunmetal, khaki, mocha, and olive cavalry twill trousers with a white or blue OCBD, woven tie, and navy hopsack blazer (epaulet MTO hopefully) would make a great set of basic business casual outfits.

Does matching those colors and textures work? Would cavalry twill match up with a hopsack blazer and OCBD shirt? Am I understanding business casual correctly or do I have a mismatching?

20. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

Yesterday was all Epaulet:

[​IMG]

I really like this loden suede jacket. Yes, the sleeves are slightly long, but it looks better when I am not robo-posing. With purple gingham shirt, stone UK canvas Rudys, caramel calf belt, and saddle shell Carmina shortwings.

3 people like this.