Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tricky

tricky Senior member

Really similar but I feel more fitted...but hard to know if it's because of the material. But definitely close if not same.

2. wj4

wj4 Senior member

3. meso

meso Senior member

Looking good! I like the LA line. More casual is the way to go.

4. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

[​IMG]

Loving the heck out of my Mocha Wool Rivets.

5. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I think the orange duck cotton suit would also look good w/ casual midnight blue shoes or really dark brown shoes with none of the orangeness that cxl has. trying to decide if something like the milkshake suede would work too, and it might.

6. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Hah! I'll see what I can do. Tricky really does it well.

Bummer today as I just got an email from Adele that the Wilshire had sold out in 31 before I ordered. I thought I was cool to grab the last one, shouldn't have waited so long. She said a restock is due within a month.

7. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Mike--

Any word back form the fabric mill? Is the minimum order going to make this a no-go?

Is the Driggs fabric essentially a lighter weight version of the Cramerton? I believe you mentioned that these could be made into a Rudy/Walt, correct?

8. wsumarine

wsumarine Senior member

I need to return a pair of 31s, the cut just wasn't quite right for me. So, there will be a pair available soon.

9. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I posted on the EP Carmina MTO thread as well --- haven't received any email notification so I went ahead and paid my balance anyway. Has anyone received an email on this?

10. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be on the lookout.

11. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Received the Wilshire jeans today. Quite happy with them. As others noted, they are surprisingly soft and comfortable for 14oz denim, even having been washed/rinsed once. It's taken me almost five pairs of raw/almost raw selvedge denim to know how to really get a pair that fit me how I like. And even then, you have to adjust if they're sanforized or not, one-wash or not, etc.

The denim and finish seems high quality. I find the top block down to about mid-thigh to be snug now but will be pretty much perfect after they stretch some. From there on down, they feel a bit skinnier than what I'm used to wearing, but not by a lot. It might just need me getting used to it.

I am pretty much happy with how the rivet chinos and the Smith jeans fit me. I like jeans to fit a bit snugger so I sized down one for the Wilshires. As I said, just about all the measurements are good for me. If I had my way, the knee would be 1/4" wider and the hem 1/4" wider as well. Unless I get used to the skinnier look...

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I had the pleasure of stopping by the Manhattan store this past Saturday. Matt and Logan: Thanks for a very pleasant visit and fantastic service.

And let me tell you, these two guys were working hard that afternoon. They chatted with me very amicably while helping a number of other customers. The attention that Epaulet pays to all of us here on SF is absolutely reflected in the in-store experience for everyone.

And then you not only get to talk with great people, but you get to actually see and try on pieces. Seeing things as simple as some of the Rivet Chino fabrics in person is great.

And then there are those Samuelsohn sport coast... My goodness. You really do have to experience these, if the unstructured shoulder is at all your thing. The construction is beautiful and the fabrics are too. You hardly can tell you have a jacket on. Really, incredibly elegant. And then that grey cashmere is something else altogether. It is so dense and soft. I don't think these have gotten a lot of traction here, for what are likely various perfectly decent reasons, but keep your eye on them. The sizing is very consistent with the Southwick jackets. Photos of the flecked navy tweed in the wild forthcoming...

I had a look at the leather gloves as well, and these are truly excellent. Construction and quality look top notch and the fit (for me) was perfect.

There's really so much good stuff. And it sounds as if there's more coming from what Matt said, even aside from the EPLA stuff (and I got a look at Matt's work jacket that's the template for the upcoming EP version, which should be just as great as I've been anticipating).

Speaking of EPLA, I've been wearing the Wilshires pretty much constantly since I got them, and I love them. What a great pair of jeans. And I finally had to take off the plum EPLA tee so that I could wash it. Doing that now. :) I was however able to try on an XL in the tees (picked directly out of the box that had arrived in Manhattan a little before I did, it seems), and I think I may like that even more than L. Assuming these tees wear in as advertised, they are fully worth their price.

I've been to the Manhattan store twice now. I guess I'll have to see about making the rounds at some point, getting to the Brooklyn shop and out to Santa Monica...

Anyway, thanks again, Matt and Logan. I really enjoyed my visit. Thanks to Mike and Adele and kudos as well: great shop with great people.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  13. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thanks so much for stopping by and for all of the kind words Frank! I know that the guys were really jazzed to show you everything in person. It was our pleasure :)

Excellent! Thanks for the feedback, and I'm thrilled to hear that you're pleased with the jeans. Enjoy them!

Still waiting on word back. It will probably be a while - many of these factories end up closing for a few weeks over the holidays. We'll see if we can make it happen.

The Driggs fabric is similar in color and weight but it's different. It's going to be an English Drill fabric - which is a fairly standard high-end dress-casual cotton. Cramerton cloth is kind of its own beast altogether. English Drill will have more "structure" as its washed, so it lends itself well to a very slim shape. Cramerton is equally heavy but gets very soft with washing and tends to drape more.

Yup, we'll make that size 31 happen for you!

Good call on the Milkshake boot, that would be a boss match for this.

Sharp! I like them in the biz-caz vibe

Oh my god, that shirt fits you perfectly! I can't wait to see how it breaks in. Thanks again for picking it up and for posting the pic.

The fit on the EPLA denim shirts is very similar to the mainline Epaulet shirts. They're made differently (chainstitched placket, felled shoulder seam, no darts in the back) but the overall pattern is pretty consistent. They'll all come pre-shrunk as well. I'd say that these are a touch slimmer than the mainline pieces, but they will break in with wear. And that's due to the thickness of the denim.

And a quick note on the shirts for everyone:

We've been selling them like crazy out of our LA shop. There's no shortage of denim shirts on the market, but these are really special in person. The Nihon Menpu denim is really thick, but we ran it through an aggressive enzyme wash to knock out the shrinkage and lay down all of the fibres. The shirt has the same vibe as a heavyweight flannel and it's a testament to the denim's quality that it can be so soft after a single treatment. As tricky showed, this shirts look tough as hell when you're wearing them slim. We got a great deal on that denim and these are the best shirts like this that I've ever seen for the price. If these shirts are your style then you're definitely going to dig them.

Yes sir! My apologies for the delay - we received all of those Carmina styles on Saturday and just shot the photos on Sunday. I've been traveling, but I've got the photos on my HD and I'll try to edit and post them up tomorrow. The boots look freaking incredible!

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Cigar Brixtons and Howlin' Scarf:
    [​IMG]

I'll def pick up one of those shirts...wanna try them on in store though to get size down...I'm pretty much pushing the envelope with a medium, and if the shirts a little snugger, I may need a large.

15. tricky

tricky Senior member

Three very different and very awesome looks from wj4, El Arentino and NewYorkIslander.