• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eddiemczee

Reaction score
Only had enough time to do one entry for the contest, so I hope it serves me well!

Fall Contest Entry 1

Slim Walt Navy Lambswool Flannels. By far one of the best pairs of fall trousers available and a fantastic shade of blue.

brendanlw

Reaction score
Hey! I agree the snorkel jacket looks tempting....but I've since been told by a few SFers that Epaulet extends a 14 day return policy to SF members. Appreciate the recommendation though!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Only had enough time to do one entry for the contest, so I hope it serves me well! Fall Contest Entry 1
Slim Walt Navy Lambswool Flannels. By far one of the best pairs of fall trousers available and a fantastic shade of blue.
Very nice! And that closes the contest! I'll build out the online gallery of entries and we'll get the poll thread going pronto.
Hey! I agree the snorkel jacket looks tempting....but I've since been told by a few SFers that Epaulet extends a 14 day return policy to SF members. Appreciate the recommendation though!
Absolutely, all SF members have a 14-day full refund return policy on all full-price purchases.
epaulet: any chance of a restock on the v-neck sweaters? or new colors?
Not this year - we've got all of the sweaters that we're going to have. But sweatSHIRTS are coming in droves very soon!
I've been going through photos from 2013 recently. Here's a shot of the French blue rivets in Istanbul.
Very cool! I love Istanbul!
I never post, but these cash-mink trousers are the greatest pair of pants I've ever had the pleasure to caress in the dark for hours at a time.
Ah that's great - I'm really glad to hear that you're so pleased with them. Thanks to everyone who ordered in the past week too. We've cut nearly all of the available fabric, and it's great that this cool trouser had such a run.
I just wanted to pass along an endorsement of the snorkel jacket. I bought one in black on Friday in anticipation of the messy weather on Saturday. I wore it all evening on Sunday night... Insanely warm, blocked out the snow, and looked great with the rest of my clothes. I highly recommend it. Great value too.
Thanks for posting, and it's great to hear that you dig the parka so much. It's one of my personal favorites out of everything that we've done. I'll be wearing mine in New York shortly.
Another question: did you decide if you'll offer the Smith canvas in an olive-ish color that you were considering before?
Ah, sorry we did not. With the new "Wilshire" jean coming out, we're most likely going to remix the 5-pocket products that we had, and work on producing more designed products. But that doesn't mean that we can't have a canvas Wilshire jean down the road. I'm working on overdyed denim, canvas, and corduroy samples as we speak.
That Cramerton cloth looks phenomenal! Any chance that will be rerun?
yep, we definitely need a re-release of the cramerton in rudy
Hmmm, maybe. Honestly, I'm a bit conflicted on it. On one hand, Cramerton cloth is hands-down one of the best khaki fabrics that I've ever seen. The trousers in that photo are over 2 years old, and I wear them every single week - sometimes more than once. I have washed and worn these more than any cotton pant that I've ever owned. And they just keep on going.. and going.. and going. I love Cramerton cloth personally. That said, the price is through the roof these days and it's hard to get. If we did another run, I'd have to be at somewhere like $195 on them, which is more than our cotton trousers typically are. We originally had them at $185 and it was a bit of a tough sell, as most guys just saw them as "khakis." No big whoop. Just Coffee Talk. But you know, I could shoot a gallery of aged Cramerton images and really show how this breaks in. It's an expensive fabric, but definitely worth the price premium. Let me see what I can do :)

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information about the snorkel. I would love to see more images in the wild.

Understanding that everyones body deals with temperature differently, I assume those of you in cold weather climates have been able to use this in 15-20 degree weather, i.e NYC. I have a few coats a 2 or 3 times the price that I would gladly exchange for something just as warm or warmer.

Also, Epaulet, do you have sizes 38 and 40 in the Smith Street store?

Thanks

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'd snag Cramertons if I could order in Rudy.

Of course! We're going to offer nearly every trouser fabric in both Walt and Rudy fits going forward. The only exception would be some kind of super-limited run. But in those cases (like Cashmere-Mink), I'll most likely set all of the cloth up for special order. It's the best scenario that way, as I can offer the lowest possible price (as I've got no inventory to hold) and we can cut the trousers exactly to demand and offer it to everyone regardless of fit or size.

Thanks for the information about the snorkel. I would love to see more images in the wild.

Understanding that everyones body deals with temperature differently, I assume those of you in cold weather climates have been able to use this in 15-20 degree weather, i.e NYC. I have a few coats a 2 or 3 times the price that I would gladly exchange for something just as warm or warmer.

Also, Epaulet, do you have sizes 38 and 40 in the Smith Street store?

Thanks

Yup, the Snorkel is absolutely warm enough for an NYC winter. Chicago too. And 38's and 40's are in stock at both the Smith St and the Orchard Street stores. I even have a few pieces here in Santa Monica.

neutrino

Reaction score
Still rooting for more chino fabrics
deadhorse-a.gif

Last edited:

stmaier

Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe. Honestly, I'm a bit conflicted on it.

On one hand, Cramerton cloth is hands-down one of the best khaki fabrics that I've ever seen. The trousers in that photo are over 2 years old, and I wear them every single week - sometimes more than once. I have washed and worn these more than any cotton pant that I've ever owned. And they just keep on going.. and going.. and going. I love Cramerton cloth personally.

That said, the price is through the roof these days and it's hard to get. If we did another run, I'd have to be at somewhere like $195 on them, which is more than our cotton trousers typically are. We originally had them at $185 and it was a bit of a tough sell, as most guys just saw them as "khakis." No big whoop. Just Coffee Talk.

But you know, I could shoot a gallery of aged Cramerton images and really show how this breaks in. It's an expensive fabric, but definitely worth the price premium. Let me see what I can do
smile.gif

Of course! We're going to offer nearly every trouser fabric in both Walt and Rudy fits going forward. The only exception would be some kind of super-limited run. But in those cases (like Cashmere-Mink), I'll most likely set all of the cloth up for special order. It's the best scenario that way, as I can offer the lowest possible price (as I've got no inventory to hold) and we can cut the trousers exactly to demand and offer it to everyone regardless of fit or size.

Sounds like you are leaning toward a rerun of these! You can definitely count me in and it seems like at least 6 other would be in as well. This seems like the perfect "normal" twill alternative. Perhaps you can post photos of some other fabrics that broken in nicely and see if there is interest here for another run...would be a great way to reduce inventory risk.

tigerpac

Reaction score
Gentlemen, a sizing question. I recently picked up 2 pairs of flannel walts at size 36 which I've fallen in love with. Looking to make a pair MTO. The 36 leaves about a thumbs worth of space around the waist, they don't fall down by any means - would you guys say go down to 35 or stay at 36 which provides a little more room for error?

Thanks!

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MIke,

have you given further thought to the more tapered Rivet that you were discussing a few weeks ago? I love the fit of the Rivets but do find them a bit big from the knee down (for my tastes). I would buy many, many pairs of this proposed cut. I would even pay a bit more since I typically pay to have mine tapered and shortened anyway...

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Gentlemen, a sizing question. I recently picked up 2 pairs of flannel walts at size 36 which I've fallen in love with. Looking to make a pair MTO. The 36 leaves about a thumbs worth of space around the waist, they don't fall down by any means - would you guys say go down to 35 or stay at 36 which provides a little more room for error?

Thanks!
I would say it depends on how the rest of the fit is. If the thighs are close to tight then I likely would not size down. Keep in mind you can let the 35 out a bit if need be

tigerpac

Reaction score
I would say it depends on how the rest of the fit is. If the thighs are close to tight then I likely would not size down. Keep in mind you can let the 35 out a bit if need be

Good point about the rest of the pant, they're already pretty close to tight - 36 it is, thanks!

zinc2162

Reaction score
Sounds like you are leaning toward a rerun of these! You can definitely count me in and it seems like at least 6 other would be in as well. This seems like the perfect "normal" twill alternative. Perhaps you can post photos of some other fabrics that broken in nicely and see if there is interest here for another run...would be a great way to reduce inventory risk.

I would be in as well. If they come in navy, I will get two.

mikeharo

Reaction score

Very nice! And that closes the contest! I'll build out the online gallery of entries and we'll get the poll thread going pronto.
Absolutely, all SF members have a 14-day full refund return policy on all full-price purchases.
Not this year - we've got all of the sweaters that we're going to have. But sweatSHIRTS are coming in droves very soon!
Very cool! I love Istanbul!
Ah that's great - I'm really glad to hear that you're so pleased with them. Thanks to everyone who ordered in the past week too. We've cut nearly all of the available fabric, and it's great that this cool trouser had such a run.
Thanks for posting, and it's great to hear that you dig the parka so much. It's one of my personal favorites out of everything that we've done. I'll be wearing mine in New York shortly.
Ah, sorry we did not. With the new "Wilshire" jean coming out, we're most likely going to remix the 5-pocket products that we had, and work on producing more designed products. But that doesn't mean that we can't have a canvas Wilshire jean down the road. I'm working on overdyed denim, canvas, and corduroy samples as we speak.

Hmmm, maybe. Honestly, I'm a bit conflicted on it.

On one hand, Cramerton cloth is hands-down one of the best khaki fabrics that I've ever seen. The trousers in that photo are over 2 years old, and I wear them every single week - sometimes more than once. I have washed and worn these more than any cotton pant that I've ever owned. And they just keep on going.. and going.. and going. I love Cramerton cloth personally.

That said, the price is through the roof these days and it's hard to get. If we did another run, I'd have to be at somewhere like $195 on them, which is more than our cotton trousers typically are. We originally had them at $185 and it was a bit of a tough sell, as most guys just saw them as "khakis." No big whoop. Just Coffee Talk.

But you know, I could shoot a gallery of aged Cramerton images and really show how this breaks in. It's an expensive fabric, but definitely worth the price premium. Let me see what I can do :)

I don't think that price is too high, considering the offering. Look at what Left Field (Grown and Sewn, and many others) are charging for chinos/khakis. Here is my input: my favorite pair of chinos finally ripped beyond repair last week. It sounds like my relationship with them is similar to yours; I wore them sometimes several days per week, and wore them hard. They are not available any more. I would pay that price for a pair of chinos knowing they will fit me well (Rudy) and be respectably tough.

nathanl

Reaction score

Thanks!

I would stay with 36, especially since you mentioned the rest of the fit is good in the later post - it's better to bring the waist in a bit than let it out, especially with cotton where the previous stitching lines will show.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads