• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don't feel like going through the whole thread so could anyone tell me how thei rivet chinos fit compare to Uniqlo, J. Crew? I'm a 29 in Uniqlo and J.Crew, do you think a 30 would fit me? Thanks
No experience with Uniqlo, but I took a 32 in J. Crew and generally size up to a 33 in Epaulet. I think you should be fine.

tigerpac

Reaction score
At least the Alden shells were a quick and easy clean...

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pretty cold here in LA. Must have been 50 this morning. Luckily it'll be mid 70s this week.

Did I do it right?

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Pretty cold here in LA. Must have been 50 this morning. Luckily it'll be mid 70s this week.

Did I do it right?

no, that's incredibly insensitive! apologize now!

in related news, walking around Pasadena last weekend, it was 40-something degrees F and I had to switch my phone to Celsius in order for it to make any sense to me (the only time I normally see such temps is when traveling abroad).

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa hold on....salt won't stain shell? I haven't dipped into shell yet (for no particular reason) but if you can wear shell without staining then I'll grab a pair now. Terrible hit on the pants though.
At least the Alden shells were a quick and easy clean...

tigerpac

Reaction score
I'm guessing it would stain if you left it on there long enough but a quick wipe with a damp cloth took care of it when I got into the office.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is really good news. Wearing my red wings with Walts is not my favourite commuter look. Maybe I'll shoot Mike an email to confirm.

Btw, your boots look awesome.

I'm guessing it would stain if you left it on there long enough but a quick wipe with a damp cloth took care of it when I got into the office.

eddiemczee

Reaction score

Will there be a restock of the Walt navy lambswool flannel?  Man, these flannels are now my favorite pants and I want all of 'em. :)

I picked up both the navy and the grey and I have to say the are some of the best pants I ever one. I'm currently wearing the grey and they are solid, but if I could only buy one pair of pants (out of the entire fall collection), I would get the navy. The color of the blue is unlike any other and I am extremely pleased with it. I'll take some pictures tomorrow for the contest, but if they end up restocking the navy in your size, I would HIGHLY recommend you getting a pair.

I slightly regret not getting the mocha flannels, but I still have hope that one day Epaulet will have brown moleskins.

eddiemczee

Reaction score
On an unrelated note, I am doing my first MTO jacket with Epaulet and was wondering does the color of the lining also determine the color of the felt under collar? Or is that always purple?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is really good news. Wearing my red wings with Walts is not my favourite commuter look. Maybe I'll shoot Mike an email to confirm.

Btw, your boots look awesome.

I read that the Armoury guys prefer to wear bal boots in shell with Dainite sole in foul weather. Lots of guys would say shell is almost bomb proof :)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

On an unrelated note, I am doing my first MTO jacket with Epaulet and was wondering does the color of the lining also determine the color of the felt under collar? Or is that always purple?
Yup, it's always purple under the collar for our coats.
Shirting FF and/or MTO coming up soon?
MTO yes, we're working on that right now for next week's launch. FF shirts and jackets will most likely be right at the start of Jan. I could do the shirts now, but this is usually a slow time for special order stuff, as everyone's buying last-minute stuff for the holidays.
This is really good news. Wearing my red wings with Walts is not my favourite commuter look. Maybe I'll shoot Mike an email to confirm. Btw, your boots look awesome.
in related news, walking around Pasadena last weekend, it was 40-something degrees F and I had to switch my phone to Celsius in order for it to make any sense to me (the only time I normally see such temps is when traveling abroad).
My phone said 35 degrees in Santa Monica yesterday at 7AM. It was colder than last week in NYC. I broke out the down jacket. I enjoyed seeing many local dudes trying to combat the cold by layering up in something like five sweatshirts.
i'm really stupid to wait this long to ask but i'm assuming if i ordred and paid this morning along with some surcharge, there's no way you have a pattern for a tux i can order and have ready in 10 days?
Zero chance of that happening within 10 days, although I do remember there was some talk about making a tux about 2 years ago. I'm guessing the idea was probably scrapped since it hasn't really been mentioned since then.
We've actually made about a dozen tuxedos, and we can generally get a 3-week rush turnaround on them, but a 10 day window is unfortunately going to be too tight. I'd suggest looking for an OTR piece. I'm not that up on the options, but I remember that we used to sell a lot of OTR Hugo Boss Red Label tuxedos at Saks back in the days, and that line has a very slim fit. Production quality was decent on them.
Will there be a restock of the Walt navy lambswool flannel? Man, these flannels are now my favorite pants and I want all of 'em. :)
No restocks planned, but drop us an email, we can surely cut a special order for you
I just opened the box, I'm sort of stunned at these pants and the material. Wow. Just wow.
USPS just dropped mine off and "good lord" is right. I went with the sienna brown, and these are amazing. A very dark rich brown. I'm normally a no cuff kinda guy, but I think I'm going to go with a cuff on these. Quick iPhone pics:
Thanks so much for ordering them! I'm THRILLED with how they came out. We've got some units at the Manhattan store that James is going to shoot tomorrow so you guys can see the cloth in its usual habitat.
When will the voting poll be up for the contest? The playoffs will be a tight one this time around.
Lemme check, I've had a bunch of guys ask for a few extra days, so I think that we're going to extend it until next week. Will advise.
I received my first pair of pants through the MTO system a couple of weeks ago and finally had a chance to wear them. I love them. I got the Rivets in the wool corduroy and love them. I was a bit apprehensive about ordering that fabric, which I would say is a bit on the dressier side, in the Rivet cut but it works perfectly for them. They fit like a glove and are super soft too so that definitely helps the situation.
If my house suddenly burned down and I had to buy all new clothes, I'd definitely be stocking up through the MTO system.
Oh man, those look so boss! Thanks for picking them up. I love that cloth.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike - did you intend to respond to the salt on shell question above? Looks like it may have been missed in your multi-quote.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads