Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. FLW

FLW Senior member

No experience with Uniqlo, but I took a 32 in J. Crew and generally size up to a 33 in Epaulet. I think you should be fine.

2. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

At least the Alden shells were a quick and easy clean...

[​IMG]

3. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Pretty cold here in LA. Must have been 50 this morning. Luckily it'll be mid 70s this week.

Did I do it right?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013

4. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

no, that's incredibly insensitive! apologize now!

in related news, walking around Pasadena last weekend, it was 40-something degrees F and I had to switch my phone to Celsius in order for it to make any sense to me (the only time I normally see such temps is when traveling abroad).

5. tricky

tricky Senior member

Whoa hold on....salt won't stain shell? I haven't dipped into shell yet (for no particular reason) but if you can wear shell without staining then I'll grab a pair now. Terrible hit on the pants though.

6. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

I'm guessing it would stain if you left it on there long enough but a quick wipe with a damp cloth took care of it when I got into the office.

7. tricky

tricky Senior member

This is really good news. Wearing my red wings with Walts is not my favourite commuter look. Maybe I'll shoot Mike an email to confirm.

Btw, your boots look awesome.

8. tigerpac

tigerpac Senior member

Thanks! Color 8 cordovan is epic imho.

9. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Shirting FF and/or MTO coming up soon?

10. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

I picked up both the navy and the grey and I have to say the are some of the best pants I ever one. I'm currently wearing the grey and they are solid, but if I could only buy one pair of pants (out of the entire fall collection), I would get the navy. The color of the blue is unlike any other and I am extremely pleased with it. I'll take some pictures tomorrow for the contest, but if they end up restocking the navy in your size, I would HIGHLY recommend you getting a pair.

I slightly regret not getting the mocha flannels, but I still have hope that one day Epaulet will have brown moleskins.

11. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

On an unrelated note, I am doing my first MTO jacket with Epaulet and was wondering does the color of the lining also determine the color of the felt under collar? Or is that always purple?

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I read that the Armoury guys prefer to wear bal boots in shell with Dainite sole in foul weather. Lots of guys would say shell is almost bomb proof :)

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Yup, it's always purple under the collar for our coats.
    MTO yes, we're working on that right now for next week's launch. FF shirts and jackets will most likely be right at the start of Jan. I could do the shirts now, but this is usually a slow time for special order stuff, as everyone's buying last-minute stuff for the holidays.
    My phone said 35 degrees in Santa Monica yesterday at 7AM. It was colder than last week in NYC. I broke out the down jacket. I enjoyed seeing many local dudes trying to combat the cold by layering up in something like five sweatshirts.
    We've actually made about a dozen tuxedos, and we can generally get a 3-week rush turnaround on them, but a 10 day window is unfortunately going to be too tight. I'd suggest looking for an OTR piece. I'm not that up on the options, but I remember that we used to sell a lot of OTR Hugo Boss Red Label tuxedos at Saks back in the days, and that line has a very slim fit. Production quality was decent on them.
    No restocks planned, but drop us an email, we can surely cut a special order for you
    Thanks so much for ordering them! I'm THRILLED with how they came out. We've got some units at the Manhattan store that James is going to shoot tomorrow so you guys can see the cloth in its usual habitat.
    Lemme check, I've had a bunch of guys ask for a few extra days, so I think that we're going to extend it until next week. Will advise.
    Oh man, those look so boss! Thanks for picking them up. I love that cloth.

14. tricky

tricky Senior member

Mike - did you intend to respond to the salt on shell question above? Looks like it may have been missed in your multi-quote.

15. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member