1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Don L

Don L Senior member

Glad I'm not the only one....testing a new camera app is my response [​IMG]

2. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

So my Wyatt arrived today. The sleeves are a little bit long, which is OK for me since it's outerwear, but it otherwise fits very well. The weather is in the 40's today and this jacket seems to be good for this weather when I went outside briefly with it on. Definitely a great piece!

Quick fit pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  3. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

Congrats. Enjoy it.

4. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Once that horsehide breaks in and creases a bit, those sleeves will end up short. Avoid doing any alternations until you wear it for a while.

1 person likes this.
  5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

@MacktasticGDogg: That is one cool jacket. I like it a lot.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  6. MacktasticGDogg

^Thanks for the comments and tips guys! Looking forward to putting the jacket in use soon.

7. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Wyatt looks great! The sleeves are a little long on me as well, but they are supposed to be a little longer I believe. Much better than the alternative.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I'm guessing here since I am most definitely not a motorcycle guy, but I think longer sleeves ought to account for both Todd V's point about creasing shortening the effective length and the fact that if you are riding and reaching forward to the handles, you need a little extra length to maintain coverage.

No how much longer is right, I don't know. Hope everything works out for MGDog.

9. MacktasticGDogg

Haha, I'm a former motorcycle rider (haven't rode since my first daughter was born since it's a bit difficult putting kids on a motorcycle), and I don't really know how long the sleeves are supposed to be on a motorcycle jacket. It does make sense to have the sleeves a little longer for coverage when you reach for the handles. Either way, even if the sleeves don't shorten a little with creasing, I think I'm good with it.

10. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Makes sense to me Frank.

11. FLW

FLW Senior member

Add me to the incredulous wife list. I can guage her mood by the balance of amusement and annoyance she shows if I ask her to snap a picture.

It is a testament to Mike and Co. however, that the phrase "I like that!" Is always followed by "Is that Epaulet?" Certainly her favorite

12. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I agree with the rest about the sleeves will be good with some wear. Congrats once again MGD. You can really tell insane quality of the Horween horsehide.

My jacket arrives on Monday, can't wait to try it. My best fitting jacket and my MTO leathers have very similar measurments of Wyatt.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  13. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Where are you seeing that the Garand is offered in 28/29? I'm seeing 30 as the smallest size.

I was looking forward to the Garands but if the leg opening measurements are correct, I don't they will work for me. I love my Rivets but the leg opening of those are about the widest that I'd want to go. I'd feel like I'd be wearing a boot cut at 8". Too bad because those twill fabrics look great.

14. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

I figured a recent pic of me wearing the 4-year-old cardigan would go well here.

[​IMG]

same size as my epaulet size, with my hands in the pockets weighing it down.

9 people like this.
  15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Leather stretches, I think that jacket can be sized down one..

16. Durazing

Durazing Member

Seeking opinions/ideas on some trousers. I have a pair of Merlot/Plum Rivet Chinos that do not get much rotation. They are a great fit and a nice 6/7oz fabric which suits the Australian climate. However they are a little dark. Could I bleach/dye these or some other technique? Is this a train wreck of an idea? If they turned out pink I would wear them.

17. meso

meso Senior member

IMHO bleaching with any kind of even or predictable effect is going to be really difficult. Dying is easier.

18. Peter1

Peter1 Senior member

@macktasticgdawg:
    To be honest that Wyatt is too big on you. Too long in body and esp. sleeves, an you have room in shoulders, too. I'd exchange for smaller size.

Too-large leather jackets are one of my no-nos.

19. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Bleaching could result in spotting. Why not hot wash with a piece of white fabric (so dye transfers to it) several times and dry in the crazy intense Ozzie sun?

20. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Agreed. I bet the sun would work wonders. I would not trust bleaching.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014