1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DuckOB

DuckOB Senior member

Mike these shell trainers have removeable insoles correct? Also if someone wants to change the color they chose, whats the best method to contact Epaulet and make that switch?

thanks

DuckOB

2. fox81

fox81 Senior member

shattered that I have missed the cigars :(

edit: if people change their colour option away from cigar, how can I jump in on that now vacant slot?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  3. chrispy650

chrispy650 Senior member

Looks like some new stuff got added. Garands!

4. veedubhkg

veedubhkg Member

I think the tone of Shinki Hikaru Cognac Shell is more caramel-like, whereas Comipel's Teak is darker and has a more reddish hue. Pardon my cell phone pics, but you can have a rough reference for a plain toe blucher made with Shinki Hikaru (hope it's the Cognac used by the Epaulet x SF trainers: please correct me if I'm wrong Mike!) and my Eaton in Teak shell cordovan:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

Does anyone know if the 2084 7 wale corduroy color has been sold out for the MTO trousers?

6. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

Returning, again, to the chambray Doyle, I can report that my nuking operation was also a success, sort of. Mine now has a fit and also a shape that is much closer to the standard Doyle. I have another Doyle in olive, and what I had noticed about the chambray was that the shape was not quite the same. Nuking it definitely fixed the length, but it also brought the shoulders in just that little bit.

This is a trim-fitting garment and I have been doing pull-ups lately. So I have decided to part with it. Check my sig if interested.

7. tricky

tricky Senior member

New Gloverall coats look incredible.

1 person likes this.
  8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Agrees. Camel is probably my personal fave. Psyched about Reigning Champ. I love their stuff

9. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I want the camel one badly. Are they any warm? Not as warm as the spiewaks I guess?

10. Don L

Don L Senior member

Nuked chambray Doyle Fit Pic...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Garands ordered in olive. Measurements look really good (as do the photos of course). Optimistic about these above and beyond my usual EP optimism.

2 people like this.
  12. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

I have a Gloverall duffle that wasn't bought from Epaulet, but I believe is the same model. Keeping in mind that I'm in Minnesota, I found it to be not warm at all during the winter, and certainly much less warm than the Spiewak parka. However, it fits perfectly over all kinds of sport coats, cardigans, shirt jackets, etc, and looks pretty awesome. So based on my experience, it's a piece to get if you want to look good, but not if you want it to keep you warm by itself.

I'm actually very happy with mine, but I almost never wear it without another outerwear layer underneath it.

2 people like this.
  13. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

EP is killing it lately with all these great offerings. But @Epaulet, can we please get some sense of when the 18 oz. Wilshires will be up? I thought I saw late August/early September and then there hasn't been much word since. Thanks.

14. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

EP is killing my wallet. I love the new Gloverall coats. I've been looking for a warm coat like that to wear with jeans or trousers in the winter months down here in the south. I'm itching to grab the camel. Thoughts on warmth for South Carolina winters?

15. FrankCowperwood

Olive Doyle and Walts. Can't quite see the caramel calf Carmina Alt Wiens, but they are there.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

My glacier heirloom cardigan arrived yesterday and I was apprehensive that my medium might be a bit too small but it fits much better than I expected. I wore it to the barber shop this morning before work and as I sat down in the chair the lady who cuts my hair and the other barber that was in there both started fawning over it. I'm there like clockwork every 10 days so they know me pretty well and this was the first time in the 6 years I've been going there that I can recall them commenting on a piece of clothing (though they do mention my shoes quite a bit).

You guys knocked it out of the park with these cardigans!

I have a Gloverall (I got mine from O'Connell's though) and the Spiewak parka and the Spiewak parka is definitely warmer. It's almost comically warm, but it definitely came in handy last winter. That being said, I wouldn't say my Gloverall was not warm at all. I actually find it perfect for all but the absolutely worst days of the winter, especially considering the relatively light weight of the fabric (my current Gloverall is actually my second, I had a vintage one that finally bit the bullet a couple years ago). If you do a lot of walking, the Gloverall is extremely comfortable, it just hangs from your shoulders like the jacket of a sack suit, does not get cumbersome at all, and allows enough heat to escape to keep you from overheating. The hoods on the Gloverall jackets are also some of the most useful I've found among any piece of outerwear and does not obstruct your field of vision at all, unlike the hood on the Spiewak which not only obstructs your vision when it's up, but it's so big that it can make it uncomfortable to sit in a car with the hood down. But even though the Gloverall is my favorite, most worn piece of outerwear, I wouldn't give up my Spiewak.

In fact, I'm hoping that Epaulet brings back the sage version again this year, because I'd love to buy the next size up. What say you @Epaulet - will it be coming back this winter?

Speaking of the Spiewak.

17. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Looks like the Garand leg opening is the largest of all Epaulet's fits. Interesting combination. I assume it has to do with the military repro aspect of the garment? In my size it's:
    Driggs 29: 6.5"
    Rivet 29: 7.25"
    Walt 28: 7.5"
    Garand 28/29: 7.75"

18. FrankCowperwood

That's what I think I will like best about it. Going to give it a slightly different proportion through the leg opening.

19. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

@Michigan Planner Mike said the US-made Spiewak parkas were discontinued [​IMG] It's a shame, I didn't grab one for myself.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  20. NCowardParody

NCowardParody Active Member

Hey @Epaulet , what are the chances the Heirloom Cardigan in Dark Glacier will get re-stocked in the near future? I picked up one in Navy in XL last weekend and while it's absolutely gorgeous I feel like the Dark Glacier might fit my wardrobe better... (Also, if anyone is interested in a Dark Glacier / Navy XL trade, or you've got one you're looking to sell, drop me a PM!) Thx guys!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014