1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Irish

Irish Senior Member

Re: new chino ... A low-rise w/ that narrow of a leg is for a certain guy, and I am not him. I've picked up 5 chinos since getting turned on to Epaulet over the summer, but I'd have no interest in da Driggs. For me, the rise is a non-starter--that's just too low. That style strikes me as trendy and ephemeral, if you will.

Just my two cents. Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013

2. Don L

Don L Distinguished Member

Just dropped mine off at the tailor. I found the fit to be similar to my ducks perhaps a tad more forgiving.
    The rust is definitely more of a reddish tint.
    The fabric is fantastic

3. nathanl

nathanl Senior Member

OK, I think I'm a solid example case for this:
    • I love the Walt - I started out with the Rivet and wear Walts almost every day now
    • I love all the extra belt loops (and the smaller size) vs the Rivet. The little things!
    • I've tailored the legs of each pair - the standard leg is just a little too wide on me
    • I have a few pairs of the Regiment Twill Walts that are my go-to chinos - these I've tailored to almost exactly the leg you described, right down to a 7.5" leg opening that I think it just about perfect for slim cotton (wool I go a little narrower because of the crease/drape)

So I think the leg sounds great! The feedback I have is the rise - going with the lower rise of the Rivet makes it tougher to dress-up/tuck in a shirt for me - something about the little extra height in the top block adds some overall balance. You could maybe go part way, but a rise closer to the Walt would be more appealing to me, especially if this is going to be a "slightly more biz-caz Walt". It seems like someone in the market for the lower rise could just stick with the Rivet while those of us coming from the Walt side wouldn't find this new cut as appealing.

Just my two cents. [​IMG]

4. forsan

forsan Senior Member

I agree with nathanl. Love the Walt's higher rise (I have a long torso and shorter legs) and keeps the versatility of an untucked or tucked shirt if I want it. As a smaller dude, I'm attracted to a narrower leg, but I think the even lower rise would be a deal breaker for me.

I'm usually pretty quiet, but I feel like there's an opportunity here to get to a close-to-perfect chino so I had to chime in. My two cents as well. [​IMG]

5. CHRK33

CHRK33 Distinguished Member

Agree totally with above posts - I always tailor my Walts down to a 7 3/4 inch leg opening and the rise is perfect. So a smaller leg opening would be great.

The rivet chino's lower rise is the deal breaker for me personally.

6. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Sounds lovely. Button or zipper fly, and busted or felled seam construction?

7. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

I agree with the guys above. I prefer the rise of the walt but something in between the walt and rivet would be nice for a slight bit more casual. Definitely like the smaller leg opening idea.

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

To chime in on the Driggs, personally it wouldn't work for me. I really only wear Rudys for the office and Rivets for casual wear, so I don't really have much use in my wardrobe for an in-between sort of garment.

But I love that Mike brings these sort of things to the forum and looks for input from his customers. There are a lot of other cool new things that I can't wait for, like the new EPLA polos. Any ideas on colors for those yet? I'd love a light blue polo, I have an old one from Banana Republic that needs to be replaced.

Light blue is the perfect dress shirt color, and I think it works equally as well with a polo. Most of my casual pants are on the darker side, so I really like the idea of a lighter color polo to provide some contrast. Most polos you see are usually a darker color, so I find that they don't work as well with denim and other darker chino colors as a lighter color would. Fingers crossed here for some lighter colors! Maybe even a pale pink or purple/lilac would be pretty cool too.

9. gyasih

gyasih Distinguished Member

Fall Contest Entry #2 EP Moleskin Vest EP Nightshade Walt's YellowHook Tie Alden Ravello LWB [​IMG] Great looking outfit

10. applky

applky Distinguished Member

Like the sound of the Driggs, although I would rather the pant have a regular coin pocket. Might be a deal breaker for me.

I'll second the call for a slightly higher rise than the rivets.

11. tonio028

tonio028 Distinguished Member

Ditto what the above posters have said, slimmer leg opening...sold, lower rise than the rivet chino..deal breaker for me as well because the rivet chino rise is already pushing the limits for me. I believe a rise somewhere between the walt and rivet would be more appealing, something like 10.5".

12. Todd V

Todd V Senior Member

I'm in the same boat. i would benefit from a slightly lower rise (because I'm not tall) and would very much like a slightly narrow leg.

13. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

Not sure the rise would work for me but I'd give them a shot.

Either way, there are enough Walts, Rivets and Rudys to keep me busy.

14. wj4

wj4 Distinguished Member

Happy Bday Joseph! We need to link up when you come back to LA!

No entry for me today (used them all up! LOL), but this is the gingham shirt I got a couple of weeks ago. Got a lot of compliments on the color.

[​IMG]

15. El Argentino

El Argentino Distinguished Member

Thanks all -

Yes, Wis - next time I'm in LA I'll let you know ahead of time. Should be fun