Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Yessir.

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Nice. I believe I have the same one. I don't see them around too often

3. applky

applky Senior member

For some reason I'm really jonesing after this item.

You know, we all dogpiled on to the decision to do a sweatshirt-style X detail, but the more I think about it, the more this crewneck would look great with it. Way more casual than what I usually wear, but I think that's part of the appeal.

Mike are you guys doing a zip hoodie as part of EPLA?

4. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Congrats/ouch. How far off of "MSRP" was it?
    I'm waiting to hear on a bottle of 20. Can't complain if I don't get it though, I've had really good luck scoring BTAC and those have treated me very nicely [​IMG]

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Not much...BTAC hard to come by in the North East this year...Pappy more accessible if thats possible.

6. metalleka

metalleka Active Member

[​IMG]

Caine jacket in navy hopsack, Epaulet shirt and Gustin jeans. You guys think the shoulder fit is passable? And oh yeah, the jacket is pure awesome. Can't wait to sport it at our company's pre-christmas party.

7. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

I don't have a lot of bourbon experience but the guy at my local store convinced to get a bottle of PVW 15 year family reserve. Anyone have experience with this bottling?

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Its one of the fan boy favorites of PVW. The 20 and 23 are a bit more woody, but the 15 is a nice drinkable bourbon. I think its price has a lot to do with how drinkable it is, considerably less than the 20 and 23. Definitely a good buy. Last year's was supposedly VERY good.

9. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Shoulders look OK to me. Is your concern that it is a bit too loose?

10. metalleka

metalleka Active Member

Thanks a lot, wj4. Actually I thought everything else about the fit is good but I wasn't a 100 % on the shoulders. Hopefully I'll be a bit thinner when summer comes and then might take it in an inch. Thanks for all the outfit pics you post here as well, always fun to see what you've come up with.

11. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Ordered my first LBM 1911 blazer, in navy herringbone. Have been admiring them for a good while now but was hesitant about the sizing and fit. Didn't want to pass up the rare sale price so thanks to Matt for talking to me on a Sunday and helping me decide on sizing.

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Congrats - this is one piece I would love to pick up, in any fabric. But I also know I sit firmly at a 41, and so shoulders would be off either way. I tried these on at SM and was amazed at the jacket, but bummed about being an in-betweener.

13. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

Thanks, El'. I wish I had a chance to try them on so I know I'm rolling the dice a bit here. But talking to Matt reassured me a bit. I'm hoping I can get away with just having to shorten the sleeves. Too bad they don't do mto's for these.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Two shots of the Daltrey heavyweight wool SC. It worked really nicely as a jacket to wear in 40 degree weather walking to a conference and then also for wearing inside. Never got hot in it. Also shown are green wool Walts in the one photo and the chocolate brown duck canvas Walts in the other. Both show burgundy shell Carmina austerity bal boots and the Johnston's wool/silk/linen scarf, which was quite warm itself for its weight (it is very very light).

I haven't had the duck canvas Walts hemmed yet, and I think I might skip it and continue wearing them with the little bit of stack that they have at the stock inseam length.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Nice fits! I agree: leave those unhemmed. Looks great.

Feeling a little bummed that my MTO rviets ended up a little shorter than I wanted, but just trying to embrace it!