1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

So what did you get? I'm going to wear the Walts I just got with the hem they came with, just to try it. They are only a fraction long. And I'm ok with those jacket sleeves is you are! Wear it and enjoy.

2. brp2

brp2 Distinguished Member

Thanks! I picked up the sale Weller navy super 120s jacket in a 40, and a pair of navy super 120s Walts. They match wonderfully and make a fantastic replacement for my 39L Brooks Bros (Southwick) that I've had since '02.

3. FrankCowperwood

^Very nice.

Wore my tweed Barrett out for some errands and pie:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013

4. dgonsh

dgonsh Senior Member

All of these EPLA pieces sound amazing.

Since the EP denim isn't gonna appear til after Thanksgiving, any sample pics/teases you can throw up?

The weather was finally cold enough to break out my dark green Donegal Rudy's for work this week. I forgot how much I love these pants. Been wearing my tropical weight wool navy walts and charcoal regiment twill walts practically since May, so it's nice to break out the donegals.

5. neutrino

neutrino Senior Member

Just a heads-up: a dark brown Mulberry in small on Ebay. I'm not affiliated with the seller [​IMG]

6. Todd V

Todd V Senior Member

This jacket is bad to the bone. Well done.

7. FrankCowperwood

Thank you.

It worked out exactly as intended as a light outerwear piece. Today it was overcast 50s with a little rain. This and a sweater underneath and I was actually hot in the end.

8. brp2

brp2 Distinguished Member

This makes it very clear that I need some double-breasted in my life.

9. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Ah, hmmm, that one's probably a bit too complex for now. But I'll chalk it up as an idea.
    Looking sharp! Thanks for picking it up!
    My apologies guys - this is where we're at for the moment on MTO shirts. We might be able to offer more options in the future, and that's definitely on the board for me. In terms of FF shirts, I'm hoping that we can pull off another round soon. We should be good on FF sportcoats through Southwick and maybe Samuelsohn in mid December.
    The liner on the Eisenhower definitely makes it a warmer piece. It's a true outerwear jacket, while the CPO is an unlined overshirt. Here in SoCal, the CPO makes for a brilliant outerwear piece, but many guys in NYC-like climates will use it as a layering piece for the next few months. The CPO runs a bit larger than the Eisenhower - I think that the Medium will be good for you.
    Sure thing, here's three shots of the jean. We nailed down the pricing on this too - it's going to be $150. The denim is phenomenal on this, so it's a really great value. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Agreed - that thing came out so good!

10. Pastor

Pastor Senior Member

Hey Mike. Will these jeans be available in any larger sizes? I wear a 37 in the Rudy and a 38 in the rivets and walts (although I still take the waist in a bit) and I'd love a pair of jeans with a similar fit to either these two.

11. ascher07

ascher07 Senior Member

Quick question. Are the Hardie cardigans cut any different, like narrower, than Scott & Charters non-Epaulet shawl collar cardigan? Thanks!

12. Epaulet

Yes they will for follow-up runs. You'll want to get the Rudy fit jean, which I'm working on now. Our first batch of jeans will only be about 60 units and these will jive with the Rivets. You could get a 38 in them, but then you'd be taking in the waist, and that's a pain with denim. We'll make a cut that works great for you guys (and me!)

It depends where they come from. I believe that S&C has two fits - a classic and a modern. We're using the slimmer modern fit for our Hardie Cardigan. I know that Ovadia and Sons uses the same fit for their private label version of this. But other vendors might have the larger shape.

13. BootSpell

BootSpell Distinguished Member

Hey Mike --- will you be offering the Smith jeans in any other colors/fabrics?

14. FrankCowperwood

Let me throw a green cast denim out there for Epaulet to consider.

15. Epaulet

Ah yeah, a greencast would be brilliant!

So, there's a bit of a complication with doing a lot of different denims - which I know is pretty common with a few private label selvedge makers.

The issue is unpredictable shrinkage. When we tried to run the old Smith jean in multiple denim's, some shrank more than others, and it was hard to offer the consistency of fit that our guys really want. Rather than try to do a bunch of different selvedges, we're going to concentrate on maybe 2-3 different fabrics and we'll offer multiple washing and overdye options with those. I've got a brilliant setup here for black and navy overdyeing. And we have a killer wash house that can do really nice distressing effects that will soften up the jeans without bringing them into the Diesel / Entourage camp.