1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

I see many beautiful photos of the LBM sportcoats. Any plans on carrying them again?

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Yes and no. We're not getting any more L.B.M. 1911 product, but we've got a fresh delivery of the Luigi Bianchi Mantova Vittorio jackets coming in this Fall. They should be here in a few weeks.

Agreed! A really sharp fit.

Hopefully about 4-6 weeks. I'm really glad that you guys like the belt so much, and we're thrilled with how they came out. I placed a huge reorder, so we'll have plenty to go around shortly. We're going to expand into an entire CXL leather goods range to match.

I'll get them from Southwick. We've sold quite a few via MTO's for 3-piece suits, so you can comfortably just order your Southwick jacket size. I'm waiting on word for the Harris Tweed and Camel hair availability too.

I've been getting a bunch of PMs from guys who are off by a whole or a half size.

If you think that the shoes will be too small, then I'd caution you against buying them.

If they might be a half size too big, then it may be worth giving them a try if you like the style. You can always use a tongue pad / heel counter / thicker socks to narrow the fit. And in the worst case, you could most likely turn them on B&S for the same price that you paid - especially in the more common lasts like F, Peter, and Budapest.

3. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Hey Mike, any word on this?

Also, thinking of ordering an MTO french cuff white shirt for the suit, probably in broadcloth [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  4. Epaulet

Oh yeah, sorry. No, we're not restocking Caramel for the Fall - just Chocolate Calf.

And good call - we've done a lot of wedding shirts!

5. bkotsko

bkotsko Senior member

New varsity jackets on the site.
    Interesting...

6. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Those do look nice. Would have considered the navy one, but I think my navy eisenhower covers that base. Maybe I'll get a full leather jacket some day [​IMG]

7. Epaulet

^ good eye, guys! Here's the items with links:

Epaulet Thorpe Shawl Collar Varsity Jacket

This was one of our best-selling items last year, so we brought it back in two colorways. We've got the much-requested black on black combo, and a new navy & caramel variant. Each one is made in the states of melton wool and top-grain leather. These have a nice heft to them, and the leather is on the level of our other jackets, and therefore radically nicer than most varsity jackets. The fit jives with our EPNY shirts.

[​IMG]

EPAULET THORPE VARSITY JACKET BLACK ON BLACK: $475

[​IMG]

EPAULET THORPE VARSITY JACKET NAVY AND CARAMEL: $475

8. jrs311

jrs311 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if someone could help a new customer on sizing for the EPLA line, specifically the shirts (OCBD) and the Doyle. I've lost 30 pounds this year and I'm still trying to figure out what fits me well (especially when buying online).

My measurements are:

Height/Weight: 6'/190
    Neck: 16 - really closer to 15.75, but 15.5 dress shirts are generally too tight in the back
    Chest: 40 - jacket size is also 40R in some SuitSupply cuts, if anyone is familiar
    Shoulder: 18
    Sleeve: 34
    Waist: 34-35"ish"

Based on this, the OCBD in large probably would fit best, as I own some shirts that measure 21 inches across the chest, but I'm concerned about how aggressive the taper is the below the chest and if this would be unflattering (I could stand to lose about 10 more pounds).

For the Doyle, size 40 has a 21" chest, which is similar to a shirt that would fit me. Is this too tight as an outer layer with a shirt underneath? Are people sizing up one size, or doesn't it matter and it's more of an overshirt? I got rid of most of my "fat clothes", so I don't have a similar piece to measure. 42 doesn't seem too much bigger that it would look sloppy, but it's not available in the colorway I want.

9. Epaulet

Definitely do an XL in the EPLA shirts. I think that will fit you great.

For the Doyle, you can go one of two ways. A 40 will most likely work over a shirt. It will probably fit you slim like a sportcoat. For you to layer anything else underneath (sweater, light sweatshirt), then you'd want to size up to a 42.

That said, most customers - especially ones in store - do not size up. The Doyle works best over a shirt IMO, and under a heavier coat when the weather really turns.

10. Beav

Beav Senior member

It is great to see these fall/winter items coming in!

Mike, do you have a good idea of when sweaters might be in stock? I'm holding off buying elsewhere, as I figure whatever you guys get I'll give first consideration to.

11. Don L

Don L Senior member

Vass Medallion Toe Boots today
    Coffee Gayley & Lord MTO Walt's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. jrs311

jrs311 Well-Known Member

Thanks! XL stings my pride a little after working off a bunch of lbs, but it's definitely better to get it right the first time.

Just placed my first order (XL OCBD and 40 Doyle) and will report back with fits....

13. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

Really nice. I'll kick myself for not getting those boots but just couldn't justify another pair.

14. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Navy Thorpe looks really nice. I like that shawl collar.

@Don L darn nice boots. Look at the soles on those things!

Nothing to worry about here. EP cuts are sharp and sizing on the slim side. So this XL is another shop's L. Heck, probably a M some places.

I'm measure up just a shade smaller than you and I think you chose your sizes wisely.

15. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Looking sharp as always! Also, I believe I see a Barbour commander in olive in that pic..? I ordered a small and a medium in the commander, and the small was too snug in the chest and the medium was too long in the sleeves. I almost sent it to Barbour to shorten the sleeves on the medium, but instead I sold it to another SF member. Maybe I'll reconsider down the road, but that was a frustrating process. I do love my Ashby/Bedale Barbour jacket FWIW.

On another note, I received my first EPLA style button down and can confirm that the EPLA shirts fit about one size larger than the EPNY shirts. For example, a small in the EPNY shirt is an almost identical fit to a medium in the EPLA shirt. I just wanted to share that for those who may be trying to determine the appropriate sizing for the two fits.

16. Epaulet

Thank you sir! And don't take the EPLA sizing personally - those have a fairly small fit :). I'd peg you at a Large for all of our EPNY shirts.
    We should have most of our sweaters in the next few weeks. We'll get a restock of our Scottish shetland pieces, and we'll see the return of the famed Canadian-made "Heirloom" cardigan.
    Love it! Is that the Skyfall Barbour jacket too?

17. Don L

Don L Senior member

Keen eye. It is a Commander B and it is snug. Hoping for some stretch in my Large.

Interesting on the EPLA shirts. I had thought the opposite, that the LA shirts were cut slimmer than the NY shirts?

18. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Yeah, I agree. I should have explained that better. I had to size up one in the LA shirt from my normal NY shirt size. I wear a small (snug in the chest) in the NY shirt, and I wear a medium in the LA shirt (still snug in the chest - almost identical to NY small).

19. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Mike-
    What colors are you expecting for the Heirloom Cardis?
    My Blackwatch is still holding up great!

20. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

That navy varsity looks really nice. Adding to potential kop list