Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

i'd be interested in picking up at least one pair of these to test the fit. slimmer in the leg sounds good. i think a half inch reduction in the leg opening would be ideal and not too skinny.

i may taper some of my rivets to test this out. i've already tapered all of my walts so they essentially match the rivet fit in the legs.

sounds like a perfect product for EPLA. it doesn't get much colder in the bay area, so i have very few winter weight trousers.

2. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I'm all for trying the new chino line if that means more fabrics to choose from [​IMG]

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

I'm not a core constituent, but not having a strong basis for saying something shouldn't keep me from saying it anyway.

I like the idea of a slimmer leg opening than what's currently on the RCs. I'm certainly not opposed to the idea of a lower rise, but too short of a rise can make the pants look awkward when worn with a tucked-in shirt. This tends to hold particularly true for taller guys wearing lower waist sizes, which tend to have relatively lower rises compared to bigger sizes.

If you're tweaking chino details, have you considered offsetting the coin pocket from the waistband? It makes it much more functional and easier to access coins the coins you're trying to dig out while running toward the subway turnstile as you hear the train you want to catch approach the platform if the opening of the pocket isn't flush against the waistband and potentially covered by the bottom of your belt.

Also, button fly. Always button fly.

4. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Looking sharp!

Awesome, that piece is a great fit on you

Thank you!

No, it's undarted. We used the side seams on the EPLA shirts to give a similar overall fit without darts.

Absolutely, I'm working on a few concepts now. We can really make any kind of hoodie here. Any specific features that you guys would like to see in the first one?

5. Epaulet

Thanks for the feedback guys! Here's things from my side:

Garment Washed Chinos

I hear you guys on the fit. After talking to some in-store customers we're going to sample it with the same rise as the RC and just a slightly slimmer leg after the knee. We'll give it a felled seam in the back (no seam allowance) to keep the price down and differentiate it from the RC a bit.

I'd say that most people like the button fly, so we can go with that. And notwithit brings up an interesting point about the coin pocket. We can make this one a bit more prominent by doing a "framed" besom pocket, like this:

[​IMG]

We'd make it larger and deeper so that you can actually keep cards in there.

In terms of the fabric.. thanks for the feedback on weights. We could easily do heavier weight cottons in this as well - it's no problem to offer twills in the 10oz range. The main difference here is that these will be garment dyed. The whole garment is made up in a neutral color and then dyed and washed. The same process as L.B.M. 1911 and Incotex. The resulting cloth is very soft and has a natural slightly distressed effect. So it won't have the stiffness of the Rivet Chino, but softer and washed is going to be a common thread (whoa, see what I did there!) of the EPLA line. We're going to wash everything.

And the rad thing about garment dyed: we can really do any color that we like. And we can do things like natural indigo and organic dyes.

The Denim shirt is our new made in LA block, so that can really be anything. We're going to introduce it in this dark heavy Japanese denim. We'll certainly do it in chambray and flannel. Definitely a washed down and distressed denim. Maybe an overdye. We can do all kinds of pocket shapes on it. I'm planning to use this shape for much of our casual shirting in the future.

And for the t-shirts, we've got five colors to start: off-white, charcoal, navy, plum, and olive. I'd say mid-weight for them. The hand on these is going to be really soft, and I'm going for more of a luxe vibe than an Americana one. They'll be more refined than rugged. We'll have crewnecks and v-necks to start, both without pockets.

6. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

I think I already mentioned it earlier, but as someone who has winters usually reaching -20 Celsius I'm always voting for as heavyweight options as you can get [​IMG]

7. Epaulet

Haha, I hear you! Well this product would most likely appear in end February, so we'd make the first round in Spring weights.

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Mike, the plans for the Italian pant sound pretty damn cool...sounds like a great slim summer trouser. But what I'm really stoked about is the denim workshirt...bitching bro, count me in on a few of those. They have that old Schott feeling about them, real workshirt, in a great EP fit. It kind of reminds me of this old school Schott shirt (made for the Japanese market) I found at their sample sale a few years ago...I wore that into the ground! Looking fwd to it!

Yesterday was Parent Teacher Conference Night for me, so of course, i wore Orange pants:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. tricky

tricky Senior member

Ohhhh noooo....as it turns out steaming your clothes can shrink them :(

Think I'll start dry cleaning. Ugh.

10. tonio028

tonio028 Senior member

Excellent, Mike. Being someone who lives and wears gear on both ends of the spectrum often (MC during the week, sporty during weekends (sweatshirts, jeans, sneakers, etc.):
    1. Sweatshirt sample looks great, but I would vote against the X stitching at the front, its a standard usually for crew neck sweats, but personally (and specifically for the one you posted), I think it would bring down the clean look you produced. It would be nice to get a break from the norm and get this sort of product with your fit and construction without the look you see everywhere. Its hard envisioning a 2" reduction in opening but hopefully it doesnt make it too tight at the top, I like a slightly looser neck on sweats to allow for some visual layering and even to allow the possibility of layering over (get ready) a button down.

2. EPLA washed chino sounds cool, but you lose me at lower rise. I think your rivet chinos are great, the one slight modification or critic I always had was wishing the rise was slightly higher by like a 0.5" or so. Closer to 10.5" from crotch seam to top of waistband. I couldnt imagine going lower than your current specs on rise without terriorizing those around me with a visual that could lead them to be believe I work in the plumming industry (not that there I anything wrong with that).

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013

11. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

SC looks great. The elbow patches are definitely the right choice with the Harris tweed.

12. applky

applky Senior member

Mike, love the crewneck fleece sample, especially the contrast cuffs/bottom.

Re the garment dyed chinos -- sounds like a great concept, especially for cotton-linen blends. I picked up the bone cotton-linen FF rivet chino in time for this past summer, and loved having a cotton-linen chino in my closet. Would be even better if the fabric were lighter weight, and offered on the regular.

This being said, on balance, it sounds like I'd rather buy the existing rivet chinos. If it fits with the EPLA line, though, then I'd say try it out! Maybe all of us more "EPNY" guys will be converted, like I was with LBM.

13. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Waiting on a sport coat from the LA store. How's this for some UPS love? :brick::brick:

[​IMG]

14. Viral

Viral Senior member

denim shirt with snap buttons would be better...........

15. asaa1000

asaa1000 Senior member

This! Winter here goes from October to mid May...