Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

[​IMG]
    Mike and crew, thanks

2. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I love the idea of the Incotex-style chinos, but if they're lower rise and slimmer than Rivets, it would probably be pretty tough for me to fit into them. I already have to get Rivets sized up to 36 and then taken in 2" in the waist in order to fit my thighs. And depending on the material sometimes that's still too tight for me.

In other news, it was chilly enough outside today for me to break out some tweed. Here's my custom order olive marl Harris Tweed jacket (complete with goat suede elbow patches) from 2011, my first special order piece from Epaulet. Also wearing my western print EP belt and grey herringbone windowpane FF trousers:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Um details? Those are absolutely stunning.

Come to think of it, any rise much lower than RC's might be a little bit of a challenge for me.

And that's a great fit on that jacket. Enjoy tweed season!

4. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

Carmina (sinclair) from epaulet.

5. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

Jacket is sick

6. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

FF sport coat from a couple rounds ago.

[​IMG]

7. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Wow. Never seen those in the wild. Beautiful boot.

And talk about sick jackets: @Mr. Six..,

8. johanm

johanm Senior member

I like Incotex but much prefer the Rivet fit, i.e. with the higher rise and sensible amount of taper. I have many trousers from all the high end Italian makes but always reach for my Rivets. Also I don't know if I'm in the minority on this, but lighter weights are a turn off for me. Prefer a minimum of 11-12oz in cotton, preferably with a soft brushed finish (as opposed to a hard canvas finish).

Fwiw, people who like Incotex and lighter weights should check out Yoox, ehaberdasher, etc. (The nice heavier weight models never go on sale :devil:)

9. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Thanks!

10. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Shirt looks fantastic, though I'm not super drawn to denim shirts since I wear jeans so much. Will it be offered in another fabric (heavy chambray, sanded canvas) at some point? Just curious.

Thanks for Work Jacket update. Bummed it's not until Jan but at least now I can plan for it.

Those chinos sound great but not really my jam, though I'd guess you could move them at that price for sure. I echo the sentiment that I don't really need/want lighter weight pants. My life is such is that if it's really warm, I just wear shorts. (Or 7oz Rivets!)

Questions:

-Sorry if this has been asked/answered but are the t-shirts going to be mid weight, heavy, or what? Black/white/gray to start, or a wider range? Actually really stoked on these as many of the options that might seem good in the market are pretty forgettable.

-+1 on the hoody question. Is that a thing that's happening, or not for now?

Keep it up dudes. You're crushing.

11. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Does anyone have a southwick sportcoat in a short or an xtra short, ideally in the 36-38 size range? Would you measure the length of the jacket for me? I'm trying to get some real world measurements vs the size chart and whether I should stay with XS or go S on
    my next jacket.

Thanks!

12. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Senior member

I'd be up for Incochinos, though I'd try them in-store since my Rivets look a little odd in the front (something which sadly isn't fixed by sizing up)

13. beez

beez Senior member

Mike - YES to the chinos with lower rise and slimmer legs. I think this would be a great commercial option for you and from a selfish perspective something in which I'd frequently invest!

14. altmana

altmana Well-Known Member

Instead of the Incochinos, I'd personally vote for more of a rugged heavy duty EPLA style pant. Something in the vein of the duck canvas, esp. the DWR canvas.

To me there is more room for expansion in that segment of the pants, as opposed to something that falls between the rivet and walt. Just my vote/opinion.

15. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

So the navy shawl collar fisherman in M sells out while I'm away from computer, and the crewneck while I'm asleep. [​IMG]