Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. tricky

tricky Senior member

I wear a 33 in both but also have the waist taken in on most. For my rivet ducks I leave the waist as is and just belt them.

They are only ever cold washed and hung to dry as well.

2. Irish

Irish Senior member

Are the cognac trainers getting restocked? The gap there from 11 to 12.5 US is just taunting me.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  3. applky

applky Senior member

What I'd really love to see for next winter is a deep navy 6x4 double-breasted overcoat (peak lapel obviously).

4. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Hey guys,

How slim are your wearing the new UK Sheltand tweeds? I found that the heavy, heavy fabrics make up quite a bit "bigger" than the typical wool (e.g., 120's) yet the waist ends up measuring quite a bit smaller. So... I'm in a 32 but will have to take up the crotch and then taper the legs a little. Is that better/worse/same as going a size down and letting out a seat and waist by 1+ inch? My thinking is that a fabric this heavy needs to fit a little looser else you can't move in them.

I'll guess I'll take 'em to my tailor this weekend and doubt I'll have 'em back in time for the contest. :(

5. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Quote:The heavier fabrics are definitely cut a bit bigger than the 120s. My waist measurements were similar in both cuts, but I had to taper the thigh area on my flannel to replicate the walt measurements. I'm not sure if this is the proper way, but I plan to size down and just open up the waist one inch for heavier fabrics. FYI - it's only cut slightly bigger.

6. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Hey, 40s is a legitimate coat temperature. And might as well put on a coat with some style, right? :slayer:

7. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Senior member

I wish I wouldn't have slept on those antelope boots! If anyone has a pair in size 10 that they're not happy with get at me, I'll gladly take them off your hands.

8. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Ok, two things:

1. 50 degrees F is COLD. [​IMG] I break out the Stark or a jacket or something when it dips below 70.

2. It's 90 degrees F in Woodland Hills today (where my office is). I would kill for some "weather" right about now. Jealous of you guys that are able to wear more interesting clothing...

9. Don L

Don L Senior member

At 50 F we think about putting away the shorts [​IMG]

28 F this morning in MA. Brought out the Stark

10. vedarcrew

vedarcrew Senior member

Very cool contest Mike! I'm curious what a suit made of the brown wool-mink-cash would look like. Too soft on the materials? I'm interested either way (even though I still have 3 jackets MTO still on the way)

11. aldenwear

aldenwear Senior member

Here in flyover land, 50 degrees F is when you put on a sweater or sweatshirt to ward off the chill while still wearing shorts.

But, of course, 50 degrees is a distant memory now. And this post is really inconsiderate now that here we are only beginning the four-five-month slog known as snot-pouring-then-freezing-on-your-upper-left-as-you-walk-from-the-train-to-work season. You really should not be "killing" to be part of this, but counting your blessings that you live where you could walk around bare-ass-naked almost 365 days per year if you wanted to.

12. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Sorry, I didn't mean to rustle anyone's jimmies. My point is just that the year-round heat & sunshine gets a bit monotonous after awhile. People who relocate to LA from elsewhere seem to really enjoy it at first but a couple years in start to miss having actual seasons. I grew up in Northern California, which is similar to LA with only a slightly colder and rainier winter, so this kind of weather is what I've had nearly my whole life. My parents are from the midwest though, and while overall they enjoy the CA climate, growing up I noticed their homesickness was always worst around Fall. Everywhere else the temperature is dropping and the leaves are changing color, but in CA, summer is just dragging on and on and there are no signs of change. The holidays are approaching and you want to get into that mindset but it's hard to think about drinking egg nog on an 80 degree day, for instance. So, I think a bit of change is nice. But the grass is always greener, I guess.

13. stlms3

stlms3 Senior member

I live in the Midwest and have family in manhattan beach ca. The weather is perfect there; some love it but it is not for me. I love the seasons and the changes in temp... I have always felt this was.

The ocean is a beautiful thing though, but I guess I can't have it all :(

14. kumizi

kumizi Senior member

anyone purchase the shirt jacket?

kinda worried it might be too long for my liking (5'9" and size L)

15. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I've found the tweeds and flannels are indeed cut bigger. If I went back, I think I would have gone a size down for the heavier pants.