• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Frank, that jacket is ballistic. Good night... :slayer:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rob, that sweater is fantastic. I've been debating it for almost a year, but find it too orange in the photos - although it looks more burgundy based on you. What's your take IRL?

EDIT: Nvm - looks like my size is gone. So goes the Epaulet train.

LOL, its more a blood orange if orangey at all.

Frank, thats awesome...love the cranberry, and the fact that you have the balls to order it! So cool!

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Waiting for the snow... Cranberry windowpane FF sport coat and FF corduroy Walts. Geelong cardigan hiding underneath.

I'm kicking myself right now for not joining you in getting that stunning jacket.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Family time in the backyard:

Epaulet Fair Isle Sweater and Bridle Leather Belt from last fall...

No attempts at the Jumpman logo? Lol. Inspired me to try fair isle and cap sooner or later, Rob :)

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NewYork Islander, are you matching your socks and jumper!?!

Looks great though, been loving your fits on insta wj4.

I'm seriously considering the Epaulet GAT's in the classic white/grey. Can anyone comment on the quality of these vs MMM's?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NewYork Islander, are you matching your socks and jumper!?!

Looks great though, been loving your fits on insta wj4.

I'm seriously considering the Epaulet GAT's in the classic white/grey. Can anyone comment on the quality of these vs MMM's?

Epaulets are way nicer. MMM is corrected grain crap (and yes I have MMMs)

kwanon

Reaction score
Let us know what you think of them...

Yes, please do. I have the olive tree tweeds but am thinking about also grabbing those mocha flannels at some point.

I took the Mocha Flannels to my tailor last night and got to try them on for the first time. They look and feel beautiful, of course!
Normally my tailor complains about how short I want my pants. This time I went about 1/4" longer and asked for a 1 3/4" cuff. Never worn a cuff before, but it seemed appropriate. I hope I like it :)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Frank, that jacket is ballistic. Good night... :slayer:

LOL, its more a blood orange if orangey at all.

Frank, thats awesome...love the cranberry, and the fact that you have the balls to order it! So cool!

I'm kicking myself right now for not joining you in getting that stunning jacket.

Thanks gents. I'm glad I picked it up. The fabric is a great weight and hand (as usual when Mike picks them out), and I really like pairing red like this with green and brown.

I took the Mocha Flannels to my tailor last night and got to try them on for the first time. They look and feel beautiful, of course!
Normally my tailor complains about how short I want my pants. This time I went about 1/4" longer and asked for a 1 3/4" cuff. Never worn a cuff before, but it seemed appropriate. I hope I like it :)

I think cuffs will look great on these flannels.

Last edited:

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally my tailor complains about how short I want my pants. This time I went about 1/4" longer and asked for a 1 3/4" cuff. Never worn a cuff before, but it seemed appropriate. I hope I like it :)

Awesome! Post some pictures of these when you can please. I'm trying to decide whether to grab these or the brown mink ones on special order. Get both right haha? Also, I cuff 90% of my trousers, especially the winter/heavy ones, at about 1 3/4" as well (I'm only 5'9", so I don't want the cuff to look too big on me).

kwanon

Reaction score
Awesome! Post some pictures of these when you can please. I'm trying to decide whether to grab these or the brown mink ones on special order. Get both right haha? Also, I cuff 90% of my trousers, especially the winter/heavy ones, at about 1 3/4" as well (I'm only 5'9", so I don't want the cuff to look too big on me).
I will, but I won't get them back until Monday or so.

Too hard to choose! The mink ones dropped about a week after I put my order in so I didn't have to decide. They're definitely something special and unique. This is my first pair of heavy trousers so I think I would still choose the mocha. The mink blends seem to have something of a coarse/hairy texture to them? I like the mocha color a bit more as well. Would the brown minks be too close in color to a dark brown shoe? The mocha shade is comfortably in between my walnut and brown shoes, so it should work with both.

I'm 5' 10". It's good to hear that someone my height used the same cuff measurement.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice jacket Frank

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads