1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Senior member

Finished reading through the posts and it sounds like this is happening today? [​IMG]

2. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

This boot makeup is exciting

3. brp2

brp2 Senior member

4. NickCarraway

NickCarraway Senior member

Add me to the "my heel isn't the size of a softball so please offer something other than the Barrie" chorus.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Color 8 longwing with antique on a last other than Barrie might get me to buy another pair of Aldens.

6. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

Curious about this!

How does the Aberdeen last compare to the Barrie? Is it narrow in the toe box or wider?

7. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Yup. I have that boot from Frans Boone. It's awesome

8. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Senior member

narrow

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Heading to the airport to catch a flight to South Africa, decided to break in the newly acquired Eisenhower. EPLA tee also making an appearance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  10. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

Trouble is I have a color 8 NST and a color 8 captoe boot so do I get the NST color 8 boot? :facepalm:

11. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Mike, is Alden pre-order happening tonight?

I have Leffot Tankers NST with antique edge trim but excited to see and order Aberdeen lasted models!

12. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Yes Todd, that's exactly what I'm doing!:happy:

13. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

14. JVK1

JVK1 Senior member

Thank you! If the Grant last fits me perfectly with a 10D, should I go to 10.5 here? It's the toe box width that's probably going to hold me back.

15. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

I wouldn't. I wear the same size in Grant and Aberdeen. What I don't know is whether an Aberdeen boot will end up narrower than the shoe as some of the Barrie boots do.

16. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

There is a Plaza Indy...I'll post pics tomorrow...have the Plaza Indy in Ravello & Color 8 and the Aberdeen NST boot in the same colors as well...I absolutely LOVE the Plaza last...

17. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

Mike ([@Epaulet), brass eyelets and antique edgetrim would be spectacular!!!!

18. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I know, I love my Tankers and think these are one of the best Alden makeup.

19. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

So here's some more feedback on the speckled chambray. Cloth is beautiful - buttery soft and really interesting visually. It's slightly thinner and a flatter weave than I had imagined but it would seem like a great casual piece by itself or during the summer under a casual sport jacket. Impressed with the collar, which stands up well despite the softness of the cloth.

However...I echo the sizing issue. This is my first EP shirt of any kind and I think I'm somewhere between a small and medium in the EPLA fit. I'm guessing a small in the EPNY fit would be spot on. The thing is fitted as hell on me and probably looks pretty good but is too constricting to be practical. I'm sleeping on it another night before deciding whether I need to return it. The decision has been made more difficult by the fact that it's gone in the medium (and everything else!).

I'll also echo the button size issue. They slide out a big too easily, especially considering mine us probably half a size too small. Just some feedback from a relatively new customer that is impressed with everything I've received so far.

20. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

i don't wanna turn this into the alden thread, but can you illuminate me as to what's wrong w/ the heel being big? i have a p small heel but i've not found a problem with the barrie heel being too big.