Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

I had skimmed over the ladies shoes section and went back and read it. That's a great story (though it must not have felt very good selling the shoes for $35...)

I have the Geelong cardigan and Carmina austerity bal boots on today.

[​IMG]

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys!

Thanks so much for all of the kind words - Adele and I are really jazzed to be first-time parents. I know that many of you guys have kids on here, so we'll join the club very soon :)

Luckily, I'm already used to rarely sleeping and staying up late as hell. So at least that part will go kind of smoothly. We'll see about the rest :happy:

Whoa, the purple-on-burgundy is rad here!

Excellent - I'm really excited about this piece. We have a lot of possibilities with it. My workshop here in LA is very detailed and they've done an excellent job on the development. The sample that I just signed off on looks about a hundred times better than that early one I took pics of. It's in the vein of a French Work Jacket, but it's a unique piece in it's own right.

One of the best parts: normally finished sleeves with buttons simply attached. So sleeve length altering is a snap. We should be able to accommodate special orders in extended sizes and lengths too.

I'm going to work on the wool sample as well this week. Given the timing I'm not going to do much production in that direction, but if the sample comes out well then I'll have a super-tight lineup of about 6-7 units in a stunning flecked English Tweed. And for Fall 2014 we can make the hell out of these. If it comes together as I hope, we can offer this piece in a great lightweight melton for a price of around $250 or so. It would be a killer unlined piece with taped seams and hidden rivets securing the pocket. And we can build off of this basic shape to do something like an M65-shaped variant or a sportcoat-ish version with a notch lapel and throat latch. We can do special editions in crazy factory finds fabrics, and maybe a waterproof version in a technical Scholler fabric. Lots of possibilities here!

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Factory Finds could be a lot of fun for the work jacket. I'm excited to see it come to fruition one way or another. Sounds as if it should be a solid piece.

4. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

My tiny contribution :)
    [​IMG]

Floral Stripe Jacquard, the nicest shirt I've ever had. Wouldn't be no 1 perhaps if my income wasn't so pathetic and I was able to buy more awesome Epaulet stuff (not only the most heavily discounted), but I really love it. I own only one more Epaulet shirt (equally colorful Collar Doublefaced Striped Paisley).
    The fit is great – I especially like the fact that I am able to button the shirt all the way up, which doesn't happen often with me (I have one medium Gitman and buttoning it at the neck would result in suffocation). However, the Jacquard is really snug and I wouldn't want it to shrink any during a wash. Any advice guys, is dry cleaning the only option if I want to avoid shrinkage? I've washed the other shirt (Paisley) and it has shrunk considerably, but that's desired since it is a large and thus was too big on me.

To be honest though, this post is sort of an excuse. Some time ago I made a video about my country, or more precisely, about my town, and am presently smuggling it through: I hope that some few of you will find it somewhat appealing – you happen to be the target audience, my good American people. For instance, there is a bulldog taking a bath in a pond in my video, and I heard there are some bulldog fans here. And for all I know it IS a bulldog. There are also some impressive aeroabatics done by Italian pilots. And all of this incredible stuff takes place in just one, pretty unattractive, shady Polish town – you *don't* want to miss that, I'm sure. Feedback highly appreciated should you decide the video is worth any!!

On a side note, who would have thought that Hungarians make such high quality, extremely expensive footwear like VASS... well, certainly not me. Something we Poles could be jealous about. And you ought to know, Poland is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from Hungary. We have a saying "Pole, Hungarian: Two brothers, both for saber, and for drinking glass.”

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013

5. Epaulet

Three Quick Points:

Got three quick things to run by you:

1. Fall Contest
    Next week we're going to launch a joint Styleforum/Reddit Fall Fit contest. The jist will be: post a picture of a fit with at least one item purchased after Sept 1st (special order Carminas, suiting MTO's that were pre-ordered in the Summer and delivered in the Fall count too). First prize chosen by votes: your choice of VASS stock shoe! Second price chosen by random drawing: your choice of Cashmere Scarf or Epaulet Wallet.

2. Secret Santa
    Would you guys be down for this? We'd make a list of participants. Matt's going to match you up into secret santas. Spending limit is $20. The item that you buy should be somehow artisanal and related to your hometown. It doesn't have to be menswear. The goal here is to surprise someone with something really cool!

3. Wool-Mink-Cashmere Sienna Brown Extra Fabric
    I got my hands on another 30 yards of the brown wool-mink-cash. We could offer 15 more trousers, or I can offer MTO sportcoats at $900 a pop. I'd prefer to offer sportcoats first so that anyone interested can make a "suit of legend"

Seriously. I can't even imagine how boss a suit would be in this cloth. Delivery may come after the holidays though, as Southwick moves a little slow when you send them fabric. But we'd try our best to get the jackets to you by mid-Dec.

If anyone's interested then please let me know by posting here.

6. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

Congrats Mike and Adele!

The work jacket looks like it's going to be dope! I'm not sure how, but I feel like you've given a little California flavor to a Euro classic.

7. Todd V

Todd V Senior member

I'm in for the secret santa. I'll give the fit contest a try but I doubt I can complete against many of the dudes here. How about a "most with the least" category? :embar:

8. Epaulet

The boss thing is that our contests always have two winners.

One is chosen by voting, so that's usually pretty competitive

The other is chosen by random, and everyone who submits a photo has an equal chance of winning. So even if you're new to the brand, don't have a good camera, whatever - there's still a chance of winning something.

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Mike & Adele, Congrats guys! So happy for you. Nothing in the world brings me as much happiness as my two kids, and I'm so happy you get to share in that now. I say this as my daughter is crying, "Huddy is yelling at me!" A hundred times.

Anyway, holy shit, Vass shoes. I'm down for a Fall contest. I have to step up my game to compete with the photoshop skills of some of these guys! I'm this close () to ordering the mink trousers...

And oh yea, Secret Santa...IN LIKE FLYNN.

10. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

I'd be down for Secret Santa.

Saw that MTO jackets count towards the fit contest, but would FF jackets also count?

11. ReedCA

ReedCA Senior member

As a previous random drawing contest winner, I can attest that you don't need to be competitive to win. Also, you'll never win if you don't enter. I was quick enough to be able to grab one of the navy fisherman sweaters (my only first purchase this fall) so I'll definitely be entering again.

I also ordered a pair of the brown wool-mink-cashmere, since I was considering some of the other brown options when these popped up. If I had a spare $900 I'd be all over a matching jacket, unfortunately I don't think it's possible for me right now.

12. CHRK33

CHRK33 Senior member

I'd be down for secret Santa as well.

13. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Sounds cool to me. Count me in for the secret santa, and I'll try to do something cool with the picture contest although I know I'm screwed going against at least three or four of the Epaulet veterans on here! haha [​IMG]

14. FLW

FLW Senior member

I am definitely down for Secret Santa, that sounds like a great plan for the season.

As for the fit contest, I say we are all winners*** here because we get to see wj4, Frank, StanleyVB, NYI, and all the others firing on all cylinders. And, hey, if your not a regular, nothing is more popular than a dark horse or an underdog.

***we are not all actually winners because some lucky bastard is walking off with (or rather, in) a pair of Vass. Thanks, Epaulet, for a very generous prize.

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Wow, the prize for this contest has really been stepped up by Mike, free Vass?? Unfortunately this may be the first contest I can't compete in because my Rudy order probably won't be here in time to enter.