• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the Reddit feedback guys - I'm glad that you enjoyed it! It was fun to do.

I'll confess that I didn't really know how to use Reddit before today. Our website always took a ton of referrals from there and I've known that we have a large fan base their for our products - especially the Rivet Chino. It's a fun platform to use and a very friendly environment. I'm sure that I'll be there more often from now on.

I just read up on a bunch of the AMA as well, and I'm definitely looking forward to all the new stuff coming down the pipeline. I just got my first luchino polos in charcoal and bordeaux, and I'm interested to see what the new EPLA polos are going to look like when they're released next season.

Also - new collab with LBM? Please tell me these will be available for special order in long sizes. I love the look of the stuff you've been offering, but the standard lengths are much too short for my 6'4" frame.

THIS. +1000

Yes, our LBM capsule line is going to be dope! It's similar to what we're doing with Samuelsohn. The jackets won't be like LBM 1911 as they'll be made in wool and linen and they're dry clean only. They're part of the more sartorial Luigi Bianchi Mantova line. But they'll fit close to LBM 1911 (with a few tweaks) and they'll have a gorgeous, unbelievable soft shoulder. We choose a tight lineup of pretty unique fabrics for it too - really interesting lightweight wools that are hard to come by. I think that you guys will really dig them! And MTO's are absolutely possible, with a pretty quick turnaround. So we can accommodate any size.

I'll be visiting the Santa Monica area sometime next week. Can you guys recommend some dining, sight seeing and shopping to do? Besides visiting Epaulet of course :)

For sure! I have a ton of places to recommend. Shopping-wise, many guys will hit Epaulet, Unionmade, Fred Segal, and the 3rd Street Promenade when they come here.

Restaurants: R&D and Hillstone for corporate-but-good American, Father's Office and Rustic Canyon for Burgers, Water Grill for a scenic spot by the ocean, Izzy's Deli if you're drunk after 1AM (they're open 24 hours).

Sight Seeing: Santa Monica Pier is fun and a famous attraction. Palisades Park is a lovely spot. You can drive to Malibu in about 15 minutes on Pacific Coast Highway.

Drinks: Copa D'Oro and the Misfit both have pretty killer cocktails.

Karaoke: If you're here on a Tues or Wed then Karaoke at the Gas Lite is an absolute must. It is the perfect dive bar with the perfect group of somewhat crazy people doing unexpected songs. StanVan and Oisin will back me up on this!

What is the Reddit thing? Yes, I've been living under a rock :embar::foo:

Blackwatch trousers today. The pattern is quite conservative from several feet away as shown in the full picture.

That is hands-down one of my favorite fits from you. It's awesome!

And Wisith, you should check out Reddit. I feel that site could be right up your alley.

Here: http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashion...nnouncement_ama_with_mike_kuhle_cofounder_of/

Mike: Great AMA. I enjoyed reading through.

Also, my Napoli duck SC just came. Off the rack fit of the 40 is nearly spot on. May have the body brought in a little but otherwise, man, so good. Really excited to wear it more. Super stoked about that chore coat though, as your comments re: most men wearing sport coats seeming overdressed got me thinking a bit. Given its price point, I see one in my future.

Question: The navy duck Walts are the match to the Napoli for a suit, correct? And if wanted to give them an initial wash for shrinkage, then dry clean for color retention re: matching the jacket, I should be good, yeah?

That's great! Thanks for picking up the Napoli. And yes, I think that work jacket will be right up your alley. I'm excited to show you guys the final sample in a week or so - it came out really boss. This piece is Matt's baby. We're going to release it in Navy, Moss, and Chocolate Duck to start. We're working on a denim variant and some other surprises with it too.

And yes, the Navy Duck Walts match the jacket. I'd recommend dry cleaning them only if you want them to match the jacket. A wash won't change the color too much, but it will change the texture, and will soften the fibres. Like it does to raw denim. Up close, it will probably look a bit different then the coat.

Racing Green

Reaction score
Brilliant AMA Mike, the Daniel Day Lewis story is great. Always knew he was a dapper dude - he rocks a Barbour International a lot - so no surprise he's an Alden fan. He lives up the road from here in the Wicklow Mountains, I'll be sure to mention you if I ever bump into him! :)

Great stuff too about the EPLA line and Luigi Bianchi Mantova x Epaulet. And huge congrats to you and Adele on the impending arrival. I'm a new dad myself, destroys your clothes budget but all worth it.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whoa parenthood!

Best thing for your soul, worst things for your clothes. Haha, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! Enjoy the journey :)

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What is the Reddit thing? Yes, I've been living under a rock :embar::foo:

Blackwatch trousers today. The pattern is quite conservative from several feet away as shown in the full picture.

I definitely like this. Those trousers do strike a nice balance.

I'll chime in to say the Reddit AMA was very enjoyable reading. It is truly the first thing I read on that service. You did a pretty good job just jumping in with both feet, Mike. Bet you won over a few new customers and fans for sure. Thanks for the shout out. That's some pretty heady company for me. :slayer: Probably the height of my Internet fame, or at least I'll hope so.

And, congratulations to you and Adele as well. That's very exciting news and best to you both.

MacktasticGDogg

Reaction score

Please do not start making kid's clothes… I would be broke for sure!

Yeah, that would be bad for me my wallet too. I'm not sure if I could resist dressing my son in Rivet Chinos...:p

Congrats on the new baby Mike!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And a little Hardy shawl collar cardigan? That would be cute until it got frozen blueberries on it. Unless Mike can get it in Frozen Blueberry Marl. :nodding:

nathanl

Reaction score
I'll have some more proper photos of it with the buttons pretty soon. It's going to be boss! Available in Navy, Olive, and Chocolate. And possibly wool tweed.
Ohhh yesss - just finalized the fit on that and signed off on the final sample. Did I mention a sub $200 price point?

Mike, for what it's worth, I'd be all over a nice simple wool - It would be a great in-between a casual jacket and a blazer - AKA perfect with Walts here in Seattle.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score

Todd V

Reaction score

Mike, for what it's worth, I'd be all over a nice simple wool - It would be a great in-between a casual jacket and a blazer - AKA perfect with Walts here in Seattle.

It sounds cool, but I don't think I'm going to hold off on my purchase of a duck canvas sportcoat. Plus... I sort of want it now and don't want to wait.

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It sounds cool, but I don't think I'm going to hold off on my purchase of a duck canvas sportcoat. Plus... I sort of want it now and don't want to wait.

Man, if your size is available in the duck canvas Napoli, grab it now. Such a great piece and a great price. You did see it on the sale page right?

nathanl

Reaction score
Damn, so I read this whole thing -- really thoughtful and insightful responses. Very interesting to hear about the early days of starting the business, the pitfalls of following trends (that women's shoe thing? holy crap!), surprise successes, etc.

This.

Todd V

Reaction score

Man, if your size is available in the duck canvas Napoli, grab it now. Such a great piece and a great price. You did see it on the sale page right?

Nah, I would need an MTO is 37XS. Thanks though!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads