• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How thick/warm are the mink fur trousers compared to the tweed?  Meaning, is this overkill for my part of the country?  I have a few tweeds and flannels already, but the brown mink sure looks nice.

I don't have the Epaulet ones but I have a suit in a similar fabric composition from Samuelsohn through a local men's store and the fabric is great. It's warm and extremely soft - they are so soft that when I wear the suit, it feels like I am wearing a pair of pajamas. Compared to similar weight tweeds, the mink might be just a bit warmer, but I think a lot of that comes from the relatively more dense weave. But if you can comfortably wear tweed and flannel where you are, I cannot imagine that these would be too warm for you, especially if you spend a lot of time in a climate controlled office.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How thick/warm are the mink fur trousers compared to the tweed? Meaning, is this overkill for my part of the country? I have a few tweeds and flannels already, but the brown mink sure looks nice.
I don't have the Epaulet ones but I have a suit in a similar fabric composition from Samuelsohn through a local men's store and the fabric is great. It's warm and extremely soft - they are so soft that when I wear the suit, it feels like I am wearing a pair of pajamas. Compared to similar weight tweeds, the mink might be just a bit warmer, but I think a lot of that comes from the relatively more dense weave. But if you can comfortably wear tweed and flannel where you are, I cannot imagine that these would be too warm for you, especially if you spend a lot of time in a climate controlled office.

Thanks. This is what I wanted to hear. I've been planning on grabbing some flannel or tweed trousers in brown, so I may grab the mink instead.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Special Order Trousers Wool-Cashmere-Mink: $250

Hey guys!

This is a little pre-winter surprise. Earlier in the week I happened upon this incredible fabric, and I locked down enough to make 16 trousers in each color. It's woven by Noblet of England, and the cloth is an impossibly plush mix of 80% Wool, 10% Cashmere, and 10% mink fur. It's a pricey cloth that's intended to be used for sportcoats but I thought that it would make up beautifully as a rad, unique trouser. I got a good deal on the fabric, so we can offer a really competitive special order price for it.

As you can imagine, the hand on this is bonkers. It's also really thick and very warm. You can expect it to wear a bit warmer than both the tweeds and the lambswool flannels. The weight is probably a bit less than than the tweeds, but the weave is denser. And the weight is greater than a flannel.

We've got 16 units available in each color. The Sienna Brown is that classic dark brown that you would see on a mink or beaver coat. The grey has a bit of a blue cast in the natural light photos, but it's a true grey with a tone in between oxford grey and charcoal. Both of these are equally wearable. I'm a bit partial to the brown due to the rich color, but the grey would be the boss-est match for black boots that I've seen in a long time.

We've sold about 30% of the stock so far, so the availability is good but it's moving fairly quickly. After it's sold out, that's going to be it for these. I have one set of swatches in the Santa Monica store if anyone local to here wants to check them out. We're open today from 12-7, Sat from 12-7, and Sun from 12-5.

Last edited:

Todd V

Reaction score
My goodness. Is it even possible for *more* stuff to drop this season? The selection of knitwear is just awesome this year.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Epaulet Fisherman Sweaters, Made in Ireland

Yup, I definitely went on a spending spree for knitwear this season. May I present our latest sweaters: chunky fisherman knits with shawl collars.

The pricing on these is insanely good, and these sweaters are basically perfect. They're made in Ireland with a 95/5 Wool-Cashmere fabrication and a gorgeous flecked finish to the weave. They're heavyweight and fairly slim for a traditional piece such as this. I'd recommend getting your usual Epaulet shirt sizing with the understanding that the sweaters will fit you a bit looser than usual. It's the style with these pieces. You can certainly size down one for a very slim fit.

This factory used to do (actually, maybe still does, I'm not sure) private label knitwear for Thom Browne. At $195, these cannot be beat:

Epaulet Shawl Collar Fisherman Sweater Flecked Navy: $195

Epaulet Shawl Collar Fisherman Sweater Flecked Loden: $195

ADDED: If you're already stacked up for knitwear, you might consider picking up one of these as a gift. Trad sweaters like this always appreciated and the slightly bigger cut makes them easier to size.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Matt or Mike, do you have a strong preference re: either the grey or brown heavyweight mink trousers? Leaning towards brown but in one of the photos the grey has a blue-ish cast which looks great. In the other photo, the grey is much darker and is a standard mid-grey, which doesn't appeal as much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The grey is definitely a true grey. The blue cast that you're seeing is from the shadow outside. I tried to color correct it, but it's a tough fabric to get exactly right on a screen. The brown is pretty true to color, and it's my personal favorite of the two.

My goodness. Is it even possible for *more* stuff to drop this season? The selection of knitwear is just awesome this year.

Haha, we keep things rolling! At this point all of our sweaters, sportcoats, and heavy jackets have been released. We've still got Suede Sportcoats, new Carmina boots and shoes, and a secret bag collaboration (briefcases & weekender bags) scheduled in the next 10 days. And the Epaulet Los Angeles collection is planned for right before or right after Thanksgiving!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Epaulet CPO Jacket Returns

2011 is back again! Complete with rare, vintage fit pics of a beard-less Dylan!

After long last, our signature CPO jacket has returned. You guys are probably familiar with the overall style of these garments, but we worked to improve on the original in a few ways:

1) Heavyweight unlined 100% Wool Italian merino fabrication
2) Straight slim fit that corresponds with Epaulet shirting
3) Side entry pockets in the front and fully finished, usable interior pockets on both sides

The typical CPO piece is a heavyweight shirt in a wool-nylon blend. With this, we sought to take that basic style and make it wearable as an actual outerwear piece. You can keep your hands warm in the front pockets and carry a phone and wallet securely in the interior pockets. For warmer areas like LA, this can get you through most of the Fall/Winter. For colder areas, this makes a brilliant layering piece once winter really hits. You can wear it in lieu of a sweater.

One change to the original flavor: the cuffs are 1" larger this time. Some guys found the cuffs too tight on the first round - especially guys into larger watches - so they've been relaxed. And we added in a new color:

CPO Jacket Brown: $275

CPO Jacket Navy: $275

CPO Jacket Grey: $275

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The grey is definitely a true grey. The blue cast that you're seeing is from the shadow outside. I tried to color correct it, but it's a tough fabric to get exactly right on a screen. The brown is pretty true to color, and it's my personal favorite of the two!

Well, I am sold. Brown purchased. Thanks, Mike.

stmaier

Reaction score
Mike--will we see the dark grain jumper MTO this week or are you saving it for next week?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Barena knit SC came in. The hand on the fabric is very nice, very soft. Sleeves are lined to make it easy to get on and off. Fit is trim and cropped. After 5 minutes of wear, I'm going to say that I recommend this.

Also shown are heavyweight Rivet Chinos and caramel calf Carmina Alt Wiens (which have been getting wet in the rain the last couple of days and seem to be enjoying it).

Here are a few photos: Buttoned, unbuttoned, two other shots attempting to give a feel for the fabric and fit, a the shoes.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Epaulet Fisherman Sweaters, Made in Ireland

Yup, I definitely went on a spending spree for knitwear this season. May I present our latest sweaters: chunky fisherman knits with shawl collars.

The pricing on these is insanely good, and these sweaters are basically perfect. They're made in Ireland with a 95/5 Wool-Cashmere fabrication and a gorgeous flecked finish to the weave. They're heavyweight and fairly slim for a traditional piece such as this. I'd recommend getting your usual Epaulet shirt sizing with the understanding that the sweaters will fit you a bit looser than usual. It's the style with these pieces. You can certainly size down one for a very slim fit.

This factory used to do (actually, maybe still does, I'm not sure) private label knitwear for Thom Browne. At $195, these cannot be beat:

ADDED: If you're already stacked up for knitwear, you might consider picking up one of these as a gift. Trad sweaters like this always appreciated and the slightly bigger cut makes them easier to size.

Are these available in LA or just NY?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you sir! And thanks to everyone else who ordered - we've got 10 units left per color.

In addition to specifying the cut (Walt versus Rudy), can I specify side tabs instead of belt rings.
Also, can you have the factory sew on suspender buttons?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads